Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Mar 2015 at 11:30 PM
Default WCIF Male curly hair in a ponytail
I've searched the entire net for this kind of thing but found nothing. I'm desperate. I want this hair. I have about a bazilion short, half long, sexy, bangs, STRAIGHT hair and very few that are long and wavy or mid-length and wavy, but I need more variety.

These three are top priority (especially the low ponytail one, pulled back, with the few strands in the front), but it would be nice to have multiple options to choose from in the future. I want to be able to have a variety of curly, wavy, long, short, mid-legth, ponytail, high, low, bangs, pulled back, loose, tight, free falling hair, over the shoulder, back, face-framing, bangs, no bangs, few bangs.... You get the point. And this all for Sims 3. I like my men with curly hair, okay? And I know it's doable, I've seen girl hairs.

In case nothing like this exists yet, could you point me to someone who could do it and takes requests? I'd be in your debt.

Thank you!

Mana
Screenshots
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 23rd Mar 2015 at 11:48 PM
http://mybluebookblog.blogspot.com/...-converted.html (one I found)
with nraas Master Controller you can use female hairs for males (and vice versa)
tried this ?:
https://sims3hairgallery.wordpress.com/anubis360/
maybe links from this topic are still active http://modthesims.info/t/378047

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Mar 2015 at 11:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ElaineNualla
http://mybluebookblog.blogspot.com/...-converted.html (one I found)
with nraas Master Controller you can use female hairs for males (and vice versa)
tried this ?:
https://sims3hairgallery.wordpress.com/anubis360/
maybe links from this topic are still active http://modthesims.info/t/378047

I haven't tried Master Controller yet, but that's a good advice, thank you! Since I'm more likely to find what I'm looking for in the female section. I've been though most of the stuff in the links though. Most of them are really cool, but still not quite it. Usually it's either too loose, or it isn't but it's straight. Though there's some that I haven't before, so definitely a huge thanks!
Scholar
#4 Old 24th Mar 2015 at 11:50 PM
Nouks hairs are quite fine (and I love to use them), but they're for sims 2 (see for example: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=223271 )
Maybe Nouk or someone else will convert them?

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Mar 2015 at 12:29 AM
Nouks hairs are quite fine (and I love to use them), but they're for sims 2 (see for example: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=223271 )
Maybe Nouk or someone else will convert them?

NOUK'S HAIR ARE AMAZING AND I SLOBBERED ALL OVER THEM AND YES THIS IS CAPSLOCK WORTHY.

In fact, when I found them, I dled all of them, only to find out they are in the sims 2 cathegory. I'd sell my soul to the devil for a convert.
Scholar
#6 Old 25th Mar 2015 at 5:50 AM
well, in such case, maybe you can make someone an offer

Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 25th Mar 2015 at 9:44 PM
Here is one from Wicked Sims
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 25th Mar 2015 at 10:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by barbarat
Here is one from Wicked Sims

That one is amazing! Thank you!

...Was what I thought, but now I see it's under Sims 2 cathegory? Or does it work for Sims 3 as well?
Scholar
#9 Old 25th Mar 2015 at 10:55 PM
checked with Dashboard and reported as sims2 packages.

Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 26th Mar 2015 at 1:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Manaika
That one is amazing! Thank you!

...Was what I thought, but now I see it's under Sims 2 cathegory? Or does it work for Sims 3 as well?

Oh my ... so very sorry. No. You do not want to put S2 content with S3. I searched under Sims3 and didn't notice this one was included. Damn... I wanted that one too. I'm still looking as I wan the curly ponytail too! Again, my apologies.
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 26th Mar 2015 at 1:59 AM Last edited by barbarat : 26th Mar 2015 at 2:02 AM. Reason: Spelling - incorrect auto ref to 2 pack installer
I found another at My Blue Book and it can be downloaded either .package or 3Pack. The .package file was one of those downloads that takes forever. I did download the 3Pack though and ran it through the 3pack Clean Installer and saw no issues...*trying to redeem myself here* lol.

Edit: I don't know why my reference to the Clean Installer is linked to 2packs and I can't remove the auto link ..
Scholar
#12 Old 26th Mar 2015 at 3:18 AM
I found another...
this is the one I gave above. Seems there's not so much options, so if Manaika still offers soul... that may by only one option

@barbarat
CI works on s2packs so it's rather normal. You cannot unlink in explorer file association?

Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 26th Mar 2015 at 3:24 AM
I found another...
@barbarat CI works on s2packs so it's rather normal. You cannot unlink in explorer file association?

Thanks ElaineNualla ..I probably should have referred to it as Custard ... I have it installed and my desktop icon for that has the name Sims 3Pack CI next to it. Didn't realize it would provide an auto link to the S2 CI in here though.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 26th Mar 2015 at 4:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by barbarat
Oh my ... so very sorry. No. You do not want to put S2 content with S3. I searched under Sims3 and didn't notice this one was included. Damn... I wanted that one too. I'm still looking as I wan the curly ponytail too! Again, my apologies.

lol it's okay. I made the same mistake somewhere else. (With the aforementioned Nouk hairs. Crashed my game. Worst thing was I didn't remember which packages were sims 2 and which 3, so I had to remove everything. Got most of my stuff back by now, still need to work out some of the rest, but yeah. Since then I'm cautious. xD)

We can look together! The Blue Book was the most helpful and I found some cool conversions on Anubis 360, only the folk doesn't take requests. They do a lot of Peggy though, so there are chances that the hair you posted will eventually get converted... eventually... one nice day... >_>

It's probably the closest thing and I want it! T_T WHY SIMS 2, WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 26th Mar 2015 at 4:31 PM
I found another...
this is the one I gave above. Seems there's not so much options, so if Manaika still offers soul... that may by only one option

@barbarat
CI works on s2packs so it's rather normal. You cannot unlink in explorer file association?

I can already see that offer lol.

"Convert this for me! If you do you get... MY SOUL!" xD I'm not good at creating custom content though, or editing, or meshing, I'm afraid. But, I'm pretty good at CAS, so I guess I could offer Sims?
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 26th Mar 2015 at 5:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Manaika
lol it's okay. I made the same mistake somewhere else. (With the aforementioned Nouk hairs. Crashed my game. Worst thing was I didn't remember which packages were sims 2 and which 3, so I had to remove everything. Got most of my stuff back by now, still need to work out some of the rest, but yeah. Since then I'm cautious. xD)
The Blue Book was the most helpful and I found some cool conversions on Anubis 360, only the folk doesn't take requests. They do a lot of Peggy though, so there are chances that the hair you posted will eventually get converted... eventually... one nice day... >_>

Thank you for your kind words. I really felt bad that I didn't check further before linking.
Re: the mistake you made sometime back with the Nouk hairs for S2: You really don't have to remove all the .package files. If you run your Mods folder through Delphy's Dashboard and use the filter it will identify the S2 files for you and you can delete them using the Dashboard.

*fingers crossed for some of those conversions* ... thanks again and have a great day
Scholar
#17 Old 26th Mar 2015 at 11:27 PM
So... I understand your offer should be a sticky one on forum frontpage?
(just in case some creator wants a soul... I mean: sim )

I