Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sim Sourcery - Working wand for magic sims

by Echo Posted 17th Nov 2007 at 8:21 AM - Updated 8th May 2009 at 1:44 PM by Echo

295 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 273 Feedback Posts, 21 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 9 of 12
Test Subject
#201 Old 13th Dec 2008 at 10:03 PM
That beguile can that in order to this magic ask in to set 2 answer the sims 2??
Test Subject
#202 Old 22nd Jan 2009 at 5:02 PM
Perfect <
Test Subject
#203 Old 22nd Jan 2009 at 5:02 PM
Perfect <3
Test Subject
#204 Old 31st Jan 2009 at 4:24 PM
umm... let me be the critical one here.... could you perhaps make something like good wand/ bad wand? I hate killing sims. I mourn each and every one of my dead sims...

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
~Groucho Marx
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#205 Old 1st Feb 2009 at 1:11 AM
peduncledunk - None of the interactions are autonomous, so good sims can stick to the "Bless" menu and bad sims can use the "Kill" menu. They won't try anything without your permission.
Test Subject
#206 Old 16th Feb 2009 at 8:09 AM
for some reason in my game the wand shows up but i cant use it
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#207 Old 16th Feb 2009 at 8:17 AM
Have you put the wand in your sim's inventory?
Test Subject
#208 Old 18th Feb 2009 at 2:49 PM
Which catagory is it in????
Test Subject
#209 Old 8th Mar 2009 at 12:06 PM
Default Help
I have placed the wand in the sims inventory but when I try using the kill options it doesnt seem to work. Does it only affect household members or kan I use it on my pesky neighbors>?
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#210 Old 9th Mar 2009 at 12:20 AM
You should be able to use it on neighbours, it's just a standard custom social. What exactly is happening?
Test Subject
#211 Old 10th Mar 2009 at 7:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Echo
You should be able to use it on neighbours, it's just a standard custom social. What exactly is happening?

Hmm when i use it he'll go up to them and wave his wand an then the neighbor or watever will have 2 negative sighns above his head and then nothin... the neighbor walks away. I got all the included files any ideas?
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#212 Old 10th Mar 2009 at 9:45 AM
Does it happen every time? Could you try it with testing cheats enabled, see if you're getting an error?
Test Subject
#213 Old 13th Mar 2009 at 6:02 AM
Does it happen every time? Could you try it with testing cheats enabled, see if you're getting an error?

Well now when I started the sims i put the wand in my charachters inventory the magic option wont show up at all... This happens on and off I have took the wand out of his inventory and put it back in but nothin... Im going to try and reinstall it and see if that works...
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#214 Old 13th Mar 2009 at 10:00 AM
Make sure you're in a room with some dining chairs or something similar (single tile objects)
Test Subject
#215 Old 13th Mar 2009 at 6:31 PM
Make sure you're in a room with some dining chairs or something similar (single tile objects)

Hmm I think the reason it didnt work on the charachter i wanted because he was a defualt sim in a household in the neighborhood... Thanx for the help mate i appreciate it.
Test Subject
#216 Old 18th Mar 2009 at 5:13 PM
uhm, I don't know why but I've some problems:
1, I can't do anything with the wand after i bought it. but my sims can cast magic without it. When my sims use a magic, she talk with the target, then ...^^
Um, I like the wand appears and the magic start from it.
2. The menu "magic" only appears when I clik at a different sims, nothing appears with the active sim, so I can't see Mischief, I can "bless" or" kill" but "Mischief" is not.

Um, without all of my problems, Thanks you very much ^ ^
Please help me, I 'm playing the Appartment Life.
Test Subject
#217 Old 5th Apr 2009 at 1:09 AM
Awesome hack! You rock totally!!
Test Subject
#218 Old 8th Apr 2009 at 7:53 PM
i did every thing and the wand dosent work!
Test Subject
#219 Old 8th Apr 2009 at 9:37 PM
oh my god. excellent work keep it up. reminds me so much of makin magic. thanks sooo much!
Test Subject
#220 Old 17th Apr 2009 at 10:18 PM
The pie menu isn't there. Sometimes it is, sometimes it's not. What's up with that?
Test Subject
#221 Old 21st Apr 2009 at 8:31 PM
my level doesnt stay up i have to get it back up every time i restart the game could you tell me why and how to fix it
Lab Assistant
#222 Old 27th Apr 2009 at 6:46 PM
Echo, don't kill me, but it's spelled sorcery, not sourcery. I checked in the dictionary

Best to be wierd, never be shocked,
Break rules whenever you can't be caught,
Please don't be boring, routines go trough not,
Who cares what you do? Who cares what you say?
That's the altitude, don't be normal... Yay!
#223 Old 27th Apr 2009 at 7:28 PM
"Sourcery" is the writing of computer software, preferably by magical means.

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#224 Old 28th Apr 2009 at 9:32 AM
Needfyre - No killing necessary. This was part of the fairytale challenge, and thus my opening quote was from a Terry Pratchett discworld story. Discworld does have "Sourcery" - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sourcery , which is different to the regular, round-world "sorcery". It was, therefore, an intentional mis-spelling.
Field Researcher
#225 Old 1st May 2009 at 10:52 PM
awesome idea
Page 9 of 12