Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jan 2017 at 9:29 PM
Default Duplicate Sim?
Ok so after awhile when I play my game I hover over the area my sim is in and it shows two of my sims and when that happens I can't pick up anything or click on the ground to move. Also when I go into buy mode and click on something to buy without having "moveobjects on" I can't place anything anywhere unless I have "moveobjects on"

Faith is made stronger by facing doubt, untested it is nothing.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 20th Jan 2017 at 12:21 AM
Have you recently imported your sim from the Library or moved him/her to a different location? There are multiple explanations for dopplegangers. See if the explanation in this Duplicate Sims Explanation sheds some light on why you are seeing the duplicate. If the explanation does apply to your situation there are also suggestions for resolution.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Jan 2017 at 6:14 PM
No i mean when I hover over a lot it shows more then one of my sims I don't see another of my sim in person thats why its really annoying and also I can't place anything anywhere without having to use "moveobjects on" and thats annoying because at times I can't pick up anything or collect something

Site Helper
#4 Old 20th Jan 2017 at 7:27 PM
(Hi again!)

http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title..._3_Game_Problem is a FAQ that shows steps to figure out where a game problem might be coming from. It sounds as though it might be helpful for you to go through it. (I can't tell you the number of times it's helped me out! )

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 20th Jan 2017 at 8:50 PM
@Ghost sdoj nothing in there is what I am experiencing, my sim is at the Vault Of Antiquity and when I hover over it shows 7 icon of him and he is also at one of his friends house WHICH HE IS NOT!

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 20th Jan 2017 at 9:07 PM
Hmm maybe if I save my household and start a new game with it.... because it all started when I re-installed my household when I downloaded that vampire mod

Instructor
#7 Old 20th Jan 2017 at 9:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Adreanna
Ok so after awhile when I play my game I hover over the area my sim is in and it shows two of my sims and when that happens I can't pick up anything or click on the ground to move. Also when I go into buy mode and click on something to buy without having "moveobjects on" I can't place anything anywhere unless I have "moveobjects on"

That happened to me too in the past, if I remember it correctly, the duplicate sim was generated because I edited the town or edit sim in create a sim earlier before playing the game in live mode, the duplicate sims status was a tourist randomly generated by the game, it can even be triple, I fixed it with AwesomeMod, if you have AwesomeMod installed, just open the cheat box, and type "kickalltourists" (or something like that) and they will disappear from the game, that's how I got rid the duplicate sims, I think you can use NRASS MC too but I think I forgot how to with NRASS MC..
Site Helper
#8 Old 20th Jan 2017 at 10:12 PM
Quote:
Other Issues:
Any unexpected behaviour, errors, problems or graphical effects.

Having to use Moveobjects for everything, and seeing 7 icons of your sim at the vault of antiquity sounds like they are either problems or unexpected behaviors....

I know that you can filter for tourists with Master Controller, but I think @barbarat or @igazor would probably be better able to tell you how to boot them. I've never done it. (But it does seem to me that there is more going on.) Maybe a new game in a new neighborhood will fix it. Good luck :lovestruc

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 20th Jan 2017 at 10:48 PM
The NRaas mod that controls tourism is Register. But this doesn't sound like a side-effect of tourism at all to me.

The OP doesn't report really having seven copies of the same sim, it just looks that way and they appear to be in different locations at the same time when they really aren't. This is a sign of game save corruption, as is the inability to place anything without MOO in place. Every minuscule location in any given world has a set of coordinates associated with it. If the ground is not really the ground anymore, if the currently active sim's coordinates dictate that they should be sitting in a chair right in front of you but the game is telling you they are not only doing that but are also across town (and participating in a group protest being held in the middle of the ocean is another popular one) then I'm sorry, that ongoing game save is probably toast.

Whether it was a vampire mod that triggered the problem in the first place would still be an open question. But starting over in a fresh world and without the mod under suspicion sounds like a pretty good way to proceed to me. If the problem still happens, then I would begin to suspect the household and would try playing a totally different one.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 21st Jan 2017 at 4:56 PM
@Ghost sdoj It worked I made a new game and everything is back to normal

Site Helper
#11 Old 21st Jan 2017 at 5:04 PM
YAY!!!!!

I'm glad it's fixed.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 21st Jan 2017 at 5:40 PM
@Ghost sdoj Same I was getting frustrated