Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 7:16 PM
Default Face replacement projects
From my journal:

Now that i have Ultimate Collection, I have two plans for custom content.
Coherent aging face replacement - A thing that don't like a lot about custom face replacement, is the fact that sims end to look nice but similar each other. Maxis faces are ugly, but is because mainly they're caricatures of main features of all races and ethnicity.
A thing that I dislike most about maxis faces, is the fact that when Sims age, they don't resemble their self (I saw this in Sims 4 too - I can't recognize chldren from their adult self, even if at least teenagers are improved in that). I plan to re-create faces that are similar to maxis faces, but allow to make sims resembling theirselves when they grow up.
I hope to not have problems at modding faces. I tried once but i managed to mod only the first face. The second face made the game crash.

Another project is better cityscapes and terrains, based on default maxis terrain and default town. I want to create and share cities that look really like cities, and not countryside villages.

Che il sultano mantenga le tradizioni nella propria terra, ma non tenti di imporle ad altri regnanti.
That the sultan may keep his tradition in his own land, but not attempt to force them on other rulers.
(Vlad Țepeș)
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 8:40 PM
I want no-creators to contribute. Also because i'm not that active, I do what I can do, that is not much.
Luckily it seems that face replacement is something I can do.

Che il sultano mantenga le tradizioni nella propria terra, ma non tenti di imporle ad altri regnanti.
That the sultan may keep his tradition in his own land, but not attempt to force them on other rulers.
(Vlad Țepeș)
Test Subject
#4 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 9:11 PM
Your idea for terrains sounds nice. It would be lovely to make a city without having to put neighborhood deco in between the lots.
Your face replacements make me think of this. The thing I found lovely, is the diversity in that set, because it are all sims made into face templates. If you are going to make every face yourself, I think you should be very critical, because you will probably put in some features you like more often. (for example: I like big cheekbones. If I were to make face templates, most of those probably get big cheekbones, just because I think that is beautiful, and Reaper, of course you want your face templates to be beautiful.) I would advice you to make a list of "big" features (things you see immediately: round face, big lips, small eyes, etc) and "small" features (things that aren't that prominent: flat eyebrows, mouthcorners curled down, round forehead, etc) and make a plan which features are going to show in which templates. If you stick to that plan, you get a very diverse face replacement set.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 9:23 PM
Yeah. What i want is saying close to what Maxis did. When i tried to create my sims with those faces, they come out very different but not necessarily ugly. But the bad thing is, when they grow up, their faces may end with some in-human characteristic, or very different from the previous age, instead i want sims being recognizable in all ages. Then you can still mix and match faces you're going to create.

(Vlad Țepeș)
Mad Poster
#6 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 8:59 AM
I hear what you're saying Alice, I've been trying to create face templates like this as well where the toddlers and elders (and obviously in between!) look like each other, but also don't look messed up and "crunchy". It's just so time consuming. I actually have a bunch of templates ready to go but I never imported them into SimPE and now they are buried in my old files somewhere! I'll get around to it

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 12:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
I hear what you're saying Alice, I've been trying to create face templates like this as well where the toddlers and elders (and obviously in between!) look like each other, but also don't look messed up and "crunchy". It's just so time consuming. I actually have a bunch of templates ready to go but I never imported them into SimPE and now they are buried in my old files somewhere! I'll get around to it

I will take all the time i need. Also I always loved to create characters and to model them in videogames (when there is the possibility)

(Vlad Țepeș)