Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#26 Old 13th Apr 2007 at 9:52 AM
Thanx A Lot!i'll Need It!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 19th Apr 2007 at 4:29 PM
thanks... ireally wanna try it..
Theorist
#28 Old 27th Apr 2007 at 9:40 PM
Yes, if I can figure it out in PaintShop Pro I will try it, too! Amazing. I kept wondering how to make my clothes less flat..but I am not a whiz with Paint Shop (self taught).

Thank you, I love to learn new things all the time!

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Test Subject
#29 Old 15th May 2007 at 10:43 PM
I've read all of your tutorials and they've really helped I have a couple of sim outfits that I'm really happy with but I don't get this whole highlights/shadows thing. I mean, I get the idea and I understand how to do them but how do you keep your original colors and textures and add shadows and highlights to them. This tutorial only explains how to make highlights and shadows with a new color/texture. How do I keep the one I've already made?
Instructor
#30 Old 18th May 2007 at 10:55 AM
Thanks Faylen!
Test Subject
#31 Old 29th May 2007 at 7:06 PM
Sorry, but.... I making clothes and this i GIMP 2 so... I dont understand that tutorial... Can someone tell me how to make this in GIMP?
Test Subject
#32 Old 29th May 2007 at 10:36 PM
Holy crap! Thank you so much!

THE WORLD WILL BE MINE!!! MUHAHAHAHAHA!!!
^ ^ EvIl ThInG...
=O.o=
(U U)_/
Test Subject
#33 Old 3rd Jun 2007 at 6:47 PM
do you have to have photo shop??????
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#34 Old 3rd Jun 2007 at 8:46 PM
HelloWorld - you have to have an image editor that supports layers (obviously) and know how to use it. Read faqs and more tutorials.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Test Subject
#35 Old 3rd Jun 2007 at 11:40 PM
Thank you SO MUCH Faylen!!!!
My headache from pounding my head against the wall in frustration is already receding.
You are an angel!!!

Thank you for caring and sharing!

I sim, therefore I am.
Test Subject
#36 Old 11th Jun 2007 at 10:38 AM
thanx so much this has helped me a lot
Test Subject
#37 Old 2nd Jul 2007 at 11:47 PM
Thank you! I've been looking for a good shading tutorial
Test Subject
#38 Old 6th Jul 2007 at 5:33 PM
Is there a way to do this with normal paintshop?
Test Subject
#39 Old 24th Jul 2007 at 11:07 PM
is there any way to do this on windows paint?
Test Subject
#40 Old 26th Jul 2007 at 1:17 PM
Quote:
Next, we go to the Layers menu and make a new, blank layer.

How do you make a new layer? And how do you know which layer you are working on? How do you put them together at the end?

I'm not sure I understand how to make the shading the same color as the fabric, either.

Thanks for the great tutes, I just get confused unless it is ALL spelled out.
Test Subject
#41 Old 8th Aug 2007 at 10:01 AM
Hellol! Thanks for this turorial, it helped! BUT, I have GIMP 2 and cant figure out how to do this there, Can somebody help me?
Test Subject
#42 Old 15th Aug 2007 at 9:55 PM
I'm trying to add shadows to only one little section on clothing but how do I do that without getting the whole backround?

as you can see i hate rap with a passion.
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 21st Aug 2007 at 3:42 AM
Thanks so much, Faylen! I use glaussian blur all the time with my art, never thought to use it for TS2. It's one of my favorite tools, though. Very powerful, and very awesome.

For those of you asking about the GIMP ... same concept applies, just things are in different places. I've included a diagram of where the layer controls are, as well as the glaussian blur. When she directs you to go somewhere in Photoshop, just do the same thing, but in the corresponding place in the GIMP.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#44 Old 10th Nov 2007 at 4:41 PM
very helpful! thank u!

Let the Rain falling on your face..
Test Subject
#45 Old 14th Nov 2007 at 4:47 AM
Can you use GIMP?

as you can see i hate rap with a passion.
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#46 Old 14th Nov 2007 at 7:35 AM
EmoRocker - you can use similar techniques using gimp, of course. You need to know how to use gimp

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Test Subject
#47 Old 16th Nov 2007 at 2:39 AM
Its so cute but it won't work for my GIMP. I do have Photoshop but it only 40 days expire. So I will have to wait until xmas coming to get one from my mom. I hope so. I will keep it in my bookmark. I am trying to understand.. but how did you change from regular color into grey image??
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#48 Old 16th Nov 2007 at 7:05 AM
uhm, 'desaturate' is the name of the command. I assume actually it would be similar in gimp. Go look at the gimp tips thread (stickied top of the main bodyshop forum). There's links to various tutorials that might help you learn how to use gimp (even if not working on sims)

Test Subject
#49 Old 2nd Dec 2007 at 6:54 PM
if its a texture template would it be the same pricables as i'm have troubles with this
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 17th Mar 2008 at 11:01 AM
This is a great tutorial, but is there anyway of doing that in paint?

You want your female sims in style?
check out Val's Designs
You want your male sims in style?
check out Simmanly
Click em'! You won't be sorry ;]
Page 2 of 4