Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Feb 2015 at 12:29 PM
Default Missing textures with CreateObjectOutOfWorld
I have a weird issue that I can't figure out the cause of. I have a custom object that has it's textures just fine if pulled out of buy mode but when created via scripting (CreateObject or CreateObjectOutOfWorld), it's just a blank mesh. I've tried every part of juggling in S3PE I can but so far nothing has fixed it. I can create any EA object out of world and they have their textures. Has anyone seen this before or know how to fix it?
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 19th Feb 2015 at 1:27 PM
If I remember correctly, you can fix this creating an NGMP for your custom object (or for an EA object that doesn't have one).

FNV 64 hash of the object name ----> IID of the OBJD

As object name, I mean the string used as parameter in CreateObject*
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Feb 2015 at 12:18 PM
Hi Arsil, thanks for the reply.

Good thought but I already have a NGMP resource. I needed it otherwise the function failed to create the object entirely. Now it creates the mesh but with no textures....
Inventor
#4 Old 21st Feb 2015 at 12:44 PM
I though it was strange that you were saying it only lacked textures.

Is the object CASTable? Smells like no complate is applied when the object is created that way.
Have you tried, as a test not as a solution, using Create A STyle on the textureless object?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Feb 2015 at 1:27 PM
Okay I deleted the textures entirely with TSRW and readded them. Now it's applying the textures to the wrong channel when the object is created with the function but once again it's perfectly fine out of build/buy.

When it's created:

As you can see the blue is on the handle but CAST thinks it's in the right place.

The second I click anywhere on the blue wheel, the textures snap into the right channels:

Very odd.
Inventor
#6 Old 25th Feb 2015 at 1:50 PM
I've seen something like this before. I think it is due to incongruity
between the settings of the presets and those of the TXTC resource(s).
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 25th Feb 2015 at 2:02 PM
I would assume the game must be reading the presets when creating it in build/buy but the TXTC when creating it in game. Do you have any advice how I'd go about syncing them up? I haven't played around with textures/CAST internally so I have no idea what to look for.
Inventor
#8 Old 25th Feb 2015 at 2:18 PM
Yes, I think that if you create the object with CreateObject* the settings in the TXTC are used.
I also think, but I'm not sure, that the settings of the TXTC are used even if you directly drag
and drop (without releasing the mouse button) the object's thumbnail from the catalog to the
lot/world, as opposed to give it the time to create the preview of the presets and apply the
settings of the first one as default values. You can try that as a test.

I feel your pain, my cash register still slightly suffer of that issue, I'm not expert of this stuff either.
Does TSRW have tools to edit TXTC resources? I can't use that program so I've edited it "manually"
with S3PE/Grid trying to match all parameters/settings but it is a pain in the arse.