Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Banned
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jan 2013 at 4:38 AM
Default Locking Gardener Out of Greenhouse?
Is there any way of doing this short of not puting a door on it and just teleporting in/out? I still want a gardener as otherwise unless you have a VERY small flower/shrub garden that's all your sims will be doing, but I want to keep him/her out of the greenhouse because that's where the produce trees/plants are and my sims have higher gardening skill and will contribute more points to the plant health. I don't want my sims wasting their time on flowers/shrubs or to have the gardener contribute inferior skill to produce plants. I also have the daily gardener hack (and consider it essential - WTF is wrong with EAxis not making it that way in the first place? Without it if you don't have your sims doing flower/shrub gardening the flowers all die and the shrubs are a mess.)

Again, I want the gardener to take care of flowers, shrubs and leaf piles but my sims to handle the produce plants. Now I handle it by making the gardener selectable and teleporting him/her as far from the greenhouse as I can until my sims finish there.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 15th Jan 2013 at 5:26 AM
I don't know which ep it was, but one of them introduced a "allow only me" feature to the doors. If you click on the doors to lock them, you should have a pie menu appear with "allow only me, allow only household, no pets" etc...if that's helpful
Mad Poster
#3 Old 15th Jan 2013 at 5:28 AM
I use TwoJeff's Perfect Plants hack to nix the need for maintenance on shrubs and flowerbeds altogether. It's not a (pardon the pun) perfect solution, because it seems to prevent leaves falling from trees, too, and I want those for compost. You might like that, though.
Banned
Original Poster
#4 Old 15th Jan 2013 at 5:34 AM
Yeah, I want the leaves for compost. The newspaper 1 time a day doesn't do it even after whatever the weird EAxis time warp going by seasons "year" ends up. I tried locking the door that way, yet that bitch/bastard still gets in. Removing the door altogether works, but I don't want to do that every time.
Inventor
#5 Old 15th Jan 2013 at 5:42 AM
I don't have a clue if you can use regular doors on greenhouses , but I had success keeping NPC's out of certain rooms using one of these http://www.drealm.info/simlogical/s...cessControl.htm , it was either the color key system or the gender and 4 key locking one. It's been awhile and I can't remember which one. There is also a quite complex door locking mod by tunaisafish (sic?) on this site , although a quick search of mods , then doors or locks didn't find it for me.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 15th Jan 2013 at 5:42 AM Last edited by Darby : 15th Jan 2013 at 6:54 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by sweetbaby160
I don't know which ep it was, but one of them introduced a "allow only me" feature to the doors. If you click on the doors to lock them, you should have a pie menu appear with "allow only me, allow only household, no pets" etc...if that's helpful

Service sims there to do a job are able to ignore door locks, and I don't think that changed with "allow only me", so I don't think that's a solution.

Matt, I've pulled Perfect Plants and reinstalled it several times due to my ambivalence. I don't usually landscape with a lot of shrubs or flowerbeds, so like the hack out so I still get leaves. But then occasionally I'll have a heavily-landscaped lot that even a daily gardener can't keep up with, and then feel the need to put it back in.

I may be forced to find "plastic" CC flowers/shrubs, but I'm not sure I like that idea so much either. Decisions, decisions.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 15th Jan 2013 at 5:46 AM
I use Perfect Plants as well, but I haven't updated it for Seasons. So my typical shrubbery will live forever, but I can still get the leaves I need in Autumn for my sims' gardens. I am really beginning to like the Garden system, since I've gotten the hang of it. Isabella Evans and Lavender Smith are both avid gardeners due to their Nature OTH.

(Interesting fact, none of Johnny and Rhea's girls are straight. Funny how ACR works, sometimes).

Simblr.
Asks are always open, even to anons. I will always reply to asks, and I do my best to be cordial/less snarky than usual.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 15th Jan 2013 at 5:55 AM
So, the solution is to just use the pre-Seasons version of Perfect Plants? Well, there's the solution right there, then. Thank you!

Probably explains why I have a dim memory swearing that I used to have no-maintenance shrubs/flowers AND leaves, too.