Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Jul 2014 at 3:52 PM Last edited by CarverUllrich : 17th Jul 2014 at 5:33 PM.
Easier Zombie/Werewolf/Vampire creations?
Totally don't know if that title makes sense, if it doesn't, my bad.

Anyways, what I'm looking for is a hack that make it's more simple to become a zombie, werewolf, or vampire. I know the whole, pay death with the reward item, become friends with the vampire/wolf thing, and I know there's easy cheats to get your sim to become one of whatever.

But what I'm looking for is something more, erm, "realistic". As in spontaneous vampire bites, perhaps infectious werewolf/zombie bites too? Last I checked these things bite whatever they want, and don't exactly bite their best friends, so.

If this is confusing, let me know. Thanks ahead.
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 21st Jul 2014 at 3:26 AM
Normal game programming is that once you've had one sim bitten by a vampire, the Grand Vampire will bite other sims in town, creating more vampires. IIRC, the other vampires can also turn other sims autonomously. (I'm not sure if it works that way for werewolves too.) The game won't do it autonomously until you indicate that you do want vampires by creating one, but after that it makes about 10% of your sims vampires through autnomous biting. That's why you absolutely need creaturefixes, because otherwise Mrs. Crumplebottm could become a vampire without any action on your part and then your game is hopelessly corrupted.

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Mad Poster
#3 Old 21st Jul 2014 at 7:26 PM
There is a zombieapocalypse mod at MATY which enables zombies to bite and turn other sims, and there are various vampire mods here at MTS. Agree you definitely need something to protect Mrs Crumplebottom.

I haven't heard of a werewolf one.

I will follow in case anyone knows of a mod which allows townie vampires to bite other sims autonomously without being a Grand Vampire, because I don't want to add a downtown to my apocalypse hood but would like risk of vampire bites. (Or I suppose a way to add a GV without a downtown!)
Scholar
#4 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 6:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
There is a zombieapocalypse mod at MATY which enables zombies to bite and turn other sims, and there are various vampire mods here at MTS. Agree you definitely need something to protect Mrs Crumplebottom.

I haven't heard of a werewolf one.

I will follow in case anyone knows of a mod which allows townie vampires to bite other sims autonomously without being a Grand Vampire, because I don't want to add a downtown to my apocalypse hood but would like risk of vampire bites. (Or I suppose a way to add a GV without a downtown!)

You could spawn the npc and townie maker with boolprop. I've used it to make regular downtownies for my neighborhood without having a downtown and I'm pretty sure you can use it to spawn most of the npcs.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 12:47 PM
Do the Downtown NPCs show up anywhere other than Downtown, though?
Undead Molten Llama
#6 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 1:02 PM
That's a good question, Charity. I have a mod (Cyjon's, I think?) that allows Downtownies to walk by in non-Downtowns, but I was going to say it doesn't allow the Downtown NPCs to walk by, only the "regular townie" ones. But then I remembered that with that mod in place, Mr. Big/The Diva walk by and steal newspapers all the time. BUT the question is are they NPC Downtownies or just plain old Downtownies. I honestly don't remember. I THOUGHT they were NPCs, but I could be wrong.

That said, I've never seen a Grand Vamp walk by, even though I have a mod that allows for later walk-bys, too, so that vamps and transformed werewolves and such have a greater chance of being walkbys. I suspect that the Grand Vamps are limited to Downtowns, even with the sort of mods I have in place. But I could be wrong.

But if I'm right, if you want vamps but don't want a Downtown, you're going to have to cheat to get your first one. (I use the Sim Transformer) and then you'd need a mod to allow non-Grand vamps to bite/turn people autonomously, or else do a lot of commanding them to bite/turn others, to have them proliferate. I suspect that such an autonomous mod exists, although I don't have it. I want a bit of control over who gets vamped, myself.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 9:07 PM
I would in my normal hood. But in the apocalypse, it's supposed to be a challenge!

I haven't managed to find an autonomous mod so far, and while I can do wonders with a texture file, I am utterly useless at coding BHAVs. So I guess I'm out of luck :/
Theorist
#8 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 11:26 PM
Couldn't you just use testingcheatsenabled to make the first vampire, influence them to bite someone, and let the game take over? It's not just Grand Vampires who can turn sims into vampires; any vampire can do that.

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15