Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#2476 Old 1st Jan 2018 at 2:38 AM
The clothes that Sims grow up into are the ones their relatives give them for their birthday. If they have any sense they should ask for money so they can buy the stuff they really want.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2477 Old 1st Jan 2018 at 2:44 AM
That's precisely the reason why all my Sims are entitled to a free clothes change on age-up. Occasionally the game gives them a somewhat fitting outfit though - Johnny Smith grew up into a tan aviator jacket, which just seemed to fit him.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#2478 Old 1st Jan 2018 at 10:45 PM
"That is not going to happen."

I think its a mod I have by Cyjon that lets Sims have more than one LTW. After Gretle Goth filled her LTW to get to the top of the Education Career, she later rolled the LTW to Marry Off 6 Children. She is 3 days into being an Elder and can't have children, and I hate that LTW.
Link Ninja
#2479 Old 1st Jan 2018 at 11:04 PM
"Slow down there!" I was shocked one of my elders wanted a grandchild and her eldest daughter is only a teen. I don't have any of the teen pregnancy modes either, so that's a no go.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Inventor
#2480 Old 2nd Jan 2018 at 8:04 PM
"Ready to pack a punch!"

This quote was actually nothing more than a perfect coincidence. I was watching a Sins of a Solar Empire video on Youtube, and the player's titan said that when it was selected. At the same time two Sims on my old tower were doing the "Punch Me, Punch U" game. Since both are maxed in body skill they can definitely pack a punch.

Oh, dear. I nearly posted this reply when I noticed I typed down "Sims of a Solar Empire". XD

Check out my profile for homes and community lots ready for download: My Homes and Stuff
Top Secret Researcher
#2481 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 10:07 PM
"Kay, I'm gonna forcibly remove EVERYONE from the bathroom."
Of course, half of them immediately piled back in.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Mad Poster
#2482 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 10:16 PM
That's where bathroomusesyou comes in handy.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Field Researcher
#2483 Old 6th Jan 2018 at 3:42 AM
"Wait, how realistic would it be to have two hygiene-obsessed teen twin boys, and to the point where their bedrooms are also full bathrooms? Oh, wait, this is the Sims, I can throw realism out the window!"
Mad Poster
#2484 Old 6th Jan 2018 at 5:02 AM
"You have got to be kidding me."

After I heard baby chimes after Frida Goth and Caelum woohooed I checked the ACR pregnancy scanner and it showed twins. She just had a boy, and now she was pregnant with twins. She gave birth to girl/boy twins later. There are 7 people in that household and its driving me crazy.
Forum Resident
#2485 Old 6th Jan 2018 at 7:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kamoodle5
"Oh dear. Would you look at that? Four 6's."

That's what the family simoleon amounted to after purchasing some more things for the house. Let's see if I can make it 666. :D

I had 666 Simoleons for my Buratto family yesterday.

I ramble a lot, and get confused easily, so my apologies to you in advance.
Scholar
#2486 Old 7th Jan 2018 at 3:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
The clothes that Sims grow up into are the ones their relatives give them for their birthday. If they have any sense they should ask for money so they can buy the stuff they really want.

That is true. As it happens, Verity has so much money that she can get all the clothes she wants when she next goes into town. It's just that the random clothes generator usually picks something that makes at least some sense for a particular Sim.
Mad Poster
#2487 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 2:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria

An alien toddler in one of my 'hoods recently aged up into a child wearing these clothes. He doesn't seem to mind.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#2488 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 4:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
An alien toddler in one of my 'hoods recently aged up into a child wearing these clothes. He doesn't seem to mind.

That's the Halloween zombie outfit. XD
Mad Poster
#2489 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 6:18 AM
"Wait...how do they have 3LB right now when they only had 2LB earlier?? Oh, wait, she probably wasn't wearing her face paint with her pj's. That's probably it..."
Mad Poster
#2490 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 6:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
That's the Halloween zombie outfit. XD

Yes, I know. I was responding to AndrewGloria's suggestion that age-up clothes were birthday presents from relatives. That outfit doesn't say anything good about this kid's family!
Mad Poster
#2491 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 8:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
"Wait...how do they have 3LB right now when they only had 2LB earlier?? Oh, wait, she probably wasn't wearing her face paint with her pj's. That's probably it..."

I've been playing too much Final Fantasy. " Huh, sims don't have limit breaks." XD
Mad Poster
#2492 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 9:20 PM
"If that is what happened, that is annoying."
I got a message when Nestor Caliente got home from work that he was sick with a cold. Since he is a Family Sim I had him make Grandma's Comfort Soup. Right after he made it and ate it I got another message he was sick with a cold. Nestor doesn't have high cooking skill, so I was wondering out loud if the lack of cooking skill is the reason why the soup didn't work.

"Whoops."
The last time I had played the Caliente household, someone had gotten a magic lamp, and I had Tiento wish for wealth. I had forgotten that wishing for wealth increases the chance for a burglar to show up. I said whoops when the burglar showed up after everyone had gone to bed. This is twice now that the family has been burgled, nothing has been stolen, but they hadn't gotten over their furiousness from the last burglary, and now they have full red furiousness again.
Forum Resident
#2493 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 9:40 PM
From what I understand, your sick sim reinfected himself. Sims with illness sometimes leave tiles temporarily marked with contagion (it fades over time) and sims passing over those squares can get sick. Sitting in one spot to eat soup can leave the tile with the chair marked, so as soon as the sim is cured they then get infected again. I'm not sure how often the sim leaves these marks, and they don't leave them all the time, but it can be annoying. I remember having one sim eat four bowls of soup before staying cured.

There is an object to "disinfect" tiles that still have the contagion marker from SimWardrobe, if you find the contagion doesn't fade fast enough or gets stuck. You can find it through the collection ihatemandatoryregister made (link in ihate's signature), under Objects - other objects.
Forum Resident
#2494 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 10:09 PM
I have a habit of calling my sims pet names as though they are my children...like a few days ago I was playing as my farmer's daughter and I said 'okay honey you go on upstairs-' and immediately stopped myself out of shock for what I had just done
Alchemist
#2495 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 10:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by didyouevenmakeasound
I have a habit of calling my sims pet names as though they are my children...like a few days ago I was playing as my farmer's daughter and I said 'okay honey you go on upstairs-' and immediately stopped myself out of shock for what I had just done

I sometimes find myself explaining to them why they certainly should NOT do what they are doing. Like, no, you two most certainly should not try for a baby when you have two infants you left lying on the ground outside that hot tub!
Top Secret Researcher
#2496 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 12:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by didyouevenmakeasound

I'll call them by a string of pet names, especially when I don't like what they're doing.
"Gabey, honey, sweetie, baby, darling, cupcake, biscuit...go the f*ck to bed already."

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Theorist
#2497 Old 10th Jan 2018 at 2:29 AM
"Well at least I get a chuckle out of my own naming conventions..." after Brad Burb answered the phone and the caller asked whether they could speak to his sister Janet.

Quote: Originally posted by StrangeTownChick
"Gabey, honey, sweetie, baby, darling, cupcake, biscuit...go the f*ck to bed already."

We are all basically our Sims' moms hahahah.
Lab Assistant
#2498 Old 10th Jan 2018 at 5:57 AM
Stop going to feed you damn baby Charlie, your nephew just fed and washed your child, do I need to feed you an aeroplane?

*FACEPALM* It's the baby's birthday...
Mad Poster
#2499 Old 10th Jan 2018 at 10:04 PM
"STOP SPINNING!" - My appointment reminder popped up and the game camera began to spin around like crazy.

Mad Poster
#2500 Old 12th Jan 2018 at 1:15 AM
"You people are disgusting! I let you into my house, and you bust up the bathroom sink, break the TV, and leave dirty dishes all over the living room floor!"
Page 100 of 168