Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Apr 2015 at 2:21 AM Last edited by BuildingNorthBeach : 4th Apr 2015 at 6:06 AM.
Default ISO Creative Suggestions (Spa)
I am currently building a Community Spa/Salon for my sims. Currently the exterior includes a pool, hot tub, 2 saunas, and a hot spring. I want the interior to include at lease 2 massage tables, at least 2 make over chairs and 1 bathroom. I originally wanted to include Buyable Dr Vu's Automated Cosmetic Surgeon with recolour but unfortunately it cannot be used on a community lot I suppose?

I want to add more to this spa but I can't think of what else!! Any suggestions for what I might add, CC or not would be greatly appreciated! I've been surfing the internet for some time now and nothing has inspired me. Even if its just a link to "spa/salon" clutter, or suggestions for the floor plan. I'm very indecisive as to whether I should have a waiting area, bar, coffee? I know there are plenty of creative souls on MTS, and I can't wait to hear what you all might suggest

Has any one else built a spa/salon?

PS: if anyone can solve my Automated Cosmetic Surgeon issue you will have a new number 1 fan :D
Solved here
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 4th Apr 2015 at 2:34 AM
Since spas were such a big part of TS1's Superstar expansion pack, you can look there for inspiration- even if you don't have the game yourself, there are plenty of user-submitted photos out there to be found! Lots of white tile, ferns, and marble, as I recall... Many of the items obviously don't have direct analogs in TS2, but you can get a good feel for how a spa can be rendered in the somewhat cartoon-y world of TS2.

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 4th Apr 2015 at 1:32 PM Last edited by tcbandie10 : 5th Apr 2015 at 12:17 AM.
I believe the cosmetic surgeon should be usable. I built a health sciences department building on my college campus and had some career rewards on the lot. The sims were able to use them. Though I will tell you that when you leave the lot the objects will reset. For example, the slacker career reward one will never grow plants since once you plant the seeds and leave the lot it will reset itself. But you could always try it out. Sorry im not much help. Just going on personal experience.

I downloaded a tea server on MTS2, I could find the link and paste it here. That would be neat to have. I can also post some links to some salon clutter I have found in the past. Like mannequin heads, shampoo bottles, makeup. I agree with the marble and ferns. Maybe even some sculptures and waterfalls?

EDIT: Found the links

The tea link
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=286359

Cosmetics
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=457299

Shampoos and Conditioners?
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=181121

Wig Stands
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=493537
Mad Poster
#4 Old 4th Apr 2015 at 3:28 PM
You need even more places to woohoo! Changing rooms (near the pool perhaps; or maybe there's a spa shop selling towels, bathrobes, and cozy undies), a photo booth, and hammocks. Complimentary food.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Apr 2015 at 8:35 PM Last edited by BuildingNorthBeach : 4th Apr 2015 at 9:49 PM.
AHH I am so happy with these responses!! I could not agree more with everyone. Why didn't I think of a spa shop!!! I think I'll put a photobooth near my cosmetic surgery station. Maybe this is a silly question @PeniGriffin but how do you suggest I have food complementary? Just the buffet table? Can I download CC edible/buyable food? Would you have food in its own little dinning area, or elsewhere? Edit: Where would you put the spa shop? Front of the spa near the entrance, or elsewhere?

@tcbandie10 I appreciate all the help you have to offer! I have downloaded some clutter but I would love to see what you have found! I am searching for the tea server now. Thank so much!

I forgot about the spas in TS1 @Zarathustra Thank you for the suggestions, I took a look and sadly was just disapointed theres no mud baths in TS2. But I do appreciate the feedback!! I have now included marble floors in much of the spa
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 5th Apr 2015 at 1:34 AM Last edited by BuildingNorthBeach : 5th Apr 2015 at 9:53 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
maybe there's a spa shop selling towels, bathrobes, and cozy undies

Do you know of any "decor" bathrobes? Thanks again for all your suggestions!

UPDATE I found bathrobes here but I'm not crazy about the colours and the owner doesn't allow recolours. Oh well.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 6th Apr 2015 at 5:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BuildingNorthBeach
Do you know of any "decor" bathrobes? Thanks again for all your suggestions!

UPDATE I found bathrobes here but I'm not crazy about the colours and the owner doesn't allow recolours. Oh well.

I'm glad I checked that link before I posted. Almost posted that link lol.

http://thesimsresource.com/download...robe/id/417289/
Heres an option. I cant believe they are hard to find :P
Mad Poster
#8 Old 6th Apr 2015 at 6:17 PM
The buffet tables are the simplest way, but I've also got some small "appliances" in my downloads folder, which you can set out on a community lot and sims can help themselves to donuts, burgers, fruit salad, chocolates, or whatever. Some of them come from here: http://peggysims2.blogspot.com/2011/01/comidas.html

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 6th Apr 2015 at 10:31 PM
Most of those food items are actually by Exnem not whoever that blog is by.

OP since this lot is for upload are you planning on showing us some pictures.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 7:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Most of those food items are actually by Exnem not whoever that blog is by.

OP since this lot is for upload are you planning on showing us some pictures.

I have finally finished my spa!! For now anyways; I already see some landscaping I would like to change . As far as upload goes, I hope this lot will be my first upload. I know I have some skills I need to improve on first though; screenshots and roofs for example. I have built the roofs on other lots but this one is giving me trouble, and I cannot for the life of me find a way to get a photo less that 150KB for upload here at MTS.

Until I can, I do have photos available on a blog I just began BuildingSims2NorthBeach

I would absolutely :lovestruc love :lovestruc any and all feedback. TIA
Pretty Space Pony
retired moderator
#11 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 8:36 AM
Where did you read that photos can only be 150kb? We allow for JPEGs to be up to 800kb, so that sounds like it's a very old text that needs editing Any other image formats do indeed have a limit of 150kb.
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#12 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 10:59 PM
Love the spa, but I think you might need to reduce the pitch of the roof as at the moment it's rather too steep. You can do this with a cheat, 'individualRoofSlopeAngle [15-75] Similar to the roofSlopeAngle cheat from Nightlife, this cheat allows you to change individual pieces of roof, separate from the other roof parts. To use, first build the roof. Then enter the cheat. Acceptable values are 15-75 (degrees). While the roof tool is still selected, hold down CTRL and ALT and click on the the section of roof that you want to change. The roof will change angles.'

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Field Researcher
#14 Old 18th Apr 2015 at 4:27 PM
I love the look of the boutique and salon areas! It looks very classy and posh Just wondering, but did you test to make sure the cosmetic surgeon works on the comm lot? Overall very stylish and well decorated in my opinion.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 20th Apr 2015 at 8:13 PM Last edited by BuildingNorthBeach : 20th Apr 2015 at 8:27 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by tcbandie10
I love the look of the boutique and salon areas! It looks very classy and posh Just wondering, but did you test to make sure the cosmetic surgeon works on the comm lot? Overall very stylish and well decorated in my opinion.

Thank you so much for the response tcbandie10 and KarenLorraine!! I very much appreciate your feedback!! I did test the cosmetic surgeon and it works, I just had to remove a chair from out of the way first. I plan on adjusting the roof and the hopefully uploading this lot within the next 2 weeks as exams are finishing up. Thanks again to everyone who helped

PS I've been tweaking minor things the more I play the spa, so any further recommendations will still be appreciated, considered and applied. TIA
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 21st Apr 2015 at 7:45 PM
Today I changed the slope of the roof and was preparing to contribute my first upload; this lot; to MTS when I realized I first need to run the packaged lot through the clean installer, which I apparently cannot do on my Macbook, as seen here :

"Using a Mac? On Vista and it won't run? Your options are, unfortunately, pretty limited:

You can ask a friend who can use Clean Installer to clean the lot for you (and hope they do it right).
You can take out your Downloads folder when building lots and make them with no custom content.
Another option is to have two or more different Downloads folders that you swap in and out as needed -- for example, one with everything you need to play your game, another one with just a few wallpapers for building simple lots, another one with medieval items for building castles, and so on
If you are in this situation, we're sorry, but we cannot risk people's games just to allow people to freely upload randomly-CC-filled lots."

This is not the first time I've been tempted to find a PC just for Sims