Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Aug 2014 at 5:03 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Late Night, Generations, Showtime
Default Infinite baby glitch, broken family tree glitch, unplayable sim glitch, career glitch...
I have basically every glitch available. I'll give you the click version of my problems the last few days:

I am playing a sort of legacy family (although just on my own part, not being so strict with the rules or writing down points), now on the only living child of the founder (her son died of old age and her other daughter died in a fire when she was a YA - some of the point of this game is going along with what happens, even though it was especially sad to see the young one go).

It is becoming a huge file, and I suspect that's what causing some of the problems. I've had loading problems and problems with all items being white for a short while when I hover over the house etc. before the meshes load, so I think my computer can barely handle the game. But I can live with those things. The things I CAN'T live with, are huge problems I've been experiencing the last couple of days. I'll try to take them chronologically:

1. The first major glitch I noticed when my pregnant sim was giving birth in the hospital. She was caugt in the infinite baby loop, suddenly she'd had 7-8 babies and started pushing out other family members from the household. I closed the game using task manager, downloaded ErrorTrap. Then I re-entered the game, she was still caught in the loop, this time with three babies, but going into edit town, loading another house, waiting for the message that she'd given birth (I use Nraas story progression mod), and then I went back to my original family. Now she had four kids, which is really sort of a nightmare so I have to admit I used testingcheatsenabled to make everyone happy a couple of times. The children are toddlers now. Which brings me to problem number two:

2. The three children born while in the baby loop, before I entered "edit town"-mode, are not in the family tree. When I go into their family trees, they are the only ones in it. Which means that they are neither registered as my sim couples' children or as siblings at all. Only the fourth baby, the one I got a notification about being born while I was playing another family to get out of the infinite baby loop, is in the family tree. As I am playing a legacy family and want the family tree to be long, plus want the children to be considered family; of course, I would love to get help to fix this glitch.

3. After installing ErrorTrap, the mod keeps giving me notifications of error scripts connected to my sims. Whenever this happens, my sims are unplayable afterwards. For instance, my sim's oldest son has been away at boarding school, just as he turned a young adult and was supposed to return home (to help raise his young siblings aswell), the ErrorTrap told me there was a script error with him and now his icon is unclickable and he hasn't turned up in the house. I am considering deleting that mod as all it seems to do is ruin my game, not fix it as it is supposed to do. Any suggestions for this?

4. Lastly: After the baby glitch, switching families etc.; when I returned to my household my sim's career was at level 1. Before that, she'd been at level 9. She still had her skills and her memories of promotions etc. intact. I tried giving her her old career back using the testingcheatsenabled method, but whenever I clicked career and the career level nothing changed, she was still at level 1. She is becoming an elder in just a few days, so this is very frustrating. The same happened to her older brother, the one who just died in my game. Before the glitches I have now told you about, he was a level 9 magician, with the lifetime goal of reaching level 10. He had lots of gigs etc. When I loaded the family again, so happy that the kids were there that I instantly saved, he was suddenly level 1 in the athletic career(!) and when I got him back on the magician career he was level 1 (although he still had the danger box etc. in his inventory, he just couldn't use it anymore). He still kept getting reminders of his gigs though, they werent in his schedule now that he was level 1. I have no idea how it happened, or why. Anyone knows why this happened?

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-bitch." - Jack Nicholson
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 24th Aug 2014 at 4:47 PM
The "problems with all items being white for a short while" is probably due to having too little RAM. I had that same problem once and adding more RAM fixed it. Also, you can easily downsize your savegame file with the SveCleanerV2.2: http://www.den.simlogical.com/denfo...hp?topic=1532.0

Infinite Baby Loop: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/0...-baby-loop.html

Have you tried moving the family into a new town? Playing too long in the same one usually makes it start to deteriorate, causing problems.