Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Apr 2013 at 5:06 PM Last edited by Alicious : 6th Apr 2013 at 5:12 PM. Reason: typo
Default Downloading through rayfile for non-Asian dummies
I just answered an old question on WCIF, but then I realized more people might benefit from it.

Have you ever tried to download a skin that you loved or some other wonderful content and you hit a wall when downloading became a jungle? Yes, a lot of the Asian creators are awesome, but for non-Asian dummies such as myself, getting the stuff is sometimes insane. Well, at least now I can provide a little relief to other such dummies, by figuring out how to download items from rayfile. I apologize in advance for the lack of print screens, but my PC won't cooperate. It seems that for now my childish description will have to do.

I will assume you already spotted the rayfile link on the presentation page of the item you want, so here we go:

1. Just click the rayfile link.
2. When the rayfile page opens, look for the red button with white Chinese writing, that looks like a dialog box. It's located somewhere on the lower left part of the page, right below some buttons 'soso', 'baidu' etc. White font on red background. Found it?
3. Click that.
4. Another tab or page opens. There you see the name of your download, with the archive icon next to it. Below are two buttons with the download symbol on them
(green arrow orientated downwards).
Go to the first one! The text that precedes that button says 点击下面的链接下载该文件 ('click the link below to download the file'). Found it? Hey, the first, not the second with 'ray source' on it! Ready?
5. Click that. Your download should be happening now.

If not, try again!

Hint: Allow the pages a few seconds (or minutes, depending on PC and Internet connection) to properly load. Otherwise the buttons will look inactive.

Also, a hint for non native English speakers: When you use Google translation try the Chinese to English version. Even if it is lunacy sometimes, it still makes a little bit more sense than any other version.

Hope this helps someone!
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 6th Apr 2013 at 5:10 PM
My words, use not only InternetExplorer, try Chrome, too
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Apr 2013 at 9:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nepomukl
My words, use not only InternetExplorer, try Chrome, too

Or Mozilla
Inventor
#4 Old 6th Apr 2013 at 9:34 PM
or Opera
Test Subject
#5 Old 8th Apr 2013 at 12:30 AM
If you can't read Chinese or other Languages, I recommend Chrome the most..

Just translate the page.. Easy as 1..2..3
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 8th Apr 2013 at 3:03 AM Last edited by Alicious : 8th Apr 2013 at 3:07 AM. Reason: edited question
Quote: Originally posted by LegitTroller
If you can't read Chinese or other Languages, I recommend Chrome the most..

Just translate the page.. Easy as 1..2..3

Does it have some special function? How can you translate pages through Chrome? I haven't used it yet, but if there's anything that will make searches easier I'm willing to try. I know a few foreign languages, but no Oriental one yet. So far Google translation has been my helper of choice, but I am opened to suggestions.
is going to be a cat when she grows up.
retired moderator
#7 Old 8th Apr 2013 at 3:52 AM
Usually Chrome will give you a pop-up mentioning that the page is in a foreign language and ask you if you want to translate it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 9th Apr 2013 at 9:30 AM
I will try this out. When I really want an item I end up on pages in all kind of languages, so any extra help is welcomed. Thank you!
Test Subject
#9 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 3:33 PM
I followed your instructions, however it gives me a thing that says jkr setup. is this correct? do I have to download that first or is that THE package?
#10 Old 23rd Aug 2014 at 8:18 PM Last edited by BloodyScholastic : 25th Aug 2014 at 7:18 PM. Reason: Edited To Add
Default Guide for Finding Where To Download + Bonus Translation
Having encountered other Sims websites in foreign languages I don't understand at all, such as Russian and Italian, can lead to perplexing moment for other non-native user like me. Sometimes Google Translate can translate the words directly, sometimes not. For some occasions, 'download button' cannot be translated to our language we understand, the 'error on page' pop-up came out. The word/sentences cannot be blocked to put copy on Google Translate. So I had to figure it out myself. The best clue is finding the arrow pointing down, indicates 'download' symbol. If the bad case I cannot find any, I have to click all buttons lol.

I have no problem at Chinese websites because besides the reason I understand the language as my third language by learning (I’m Asian born Chinese descendant but non-native Chinese speaker and also non-native English speaker ) , the 'download button' is actually very easy to find, even you don't understand the language at all. Nowadays on recent creations they offer file sharing on 4shared / mediafire / s-club website, which are English based. Just keep your eyes open.

I'll give you example. We are going to download Clear Eyes by Lemon Leaf. Scroll the page down until you can find rayfile link.

RAYFILE

On download page, you have to wait countdown timer for 20 seconds, in red font.

After 20 secs, your download page will be refreshed by itself. It gives you two sentence lines of Chinese characters you don't know what is saying. Each sentence has button menu arrow symbol that is pointing down with sentence again you don't know what is saying.
点击下面的链接下载该文件 : Click link below to download the file

Try to click the first button bellow that long sentence, there is a green arrow pointing down symbol [it indicates download menu] in light blue box.
The sentence besides the arrow is:
立即下载 : Download immediately .<---- This is the right button. Click it. Wait for it, several seconds you will get your download file in progress.
Remember, 下载 [Xia4 Zai3]means ‘download’

Then what is the other button menu with arrow pointing down? That says ‘用RaySource下载’?
It cannot be clicked because you have to register some kind of PC Client with the title RaySource.
点击下面的按钮使用客户端下载 : Click button below to use download client
用RaySource下载 : Download using RaySource

If you try to click its button and it is redirect you to somewhere else page, it must be advertising page. Close the page. The right page is the button that says '立即下载'

Hi Alicious. I followed your instruction step-by-step, but I’m sorry honestly, while actually your instruction is correct to direct users to download but it might be confusing for common users with no knowledge of Chinese Mandarin characters at all. You say,

Quote:
2. When the rayfile page opens, look for the red button with white Chinese writing, that looks like a dialog box. It's located somewhere on the lower left part of the page, right below some buttons 'soso', 'baidu' etc. White font on red background. Found it?

You mean after clicking ‘Rayfile’ link, on download page while the 20 seconds countdown still going on,
There is a sentence that says 进入下载页 : Enter to download page
Written in white font within red background box. Right?

The button will direct you skipping the 20 seconds countdown timer, right to the page with download button. While my method is wait 20 seconds until the page automatically refreshes itself to download button, no need to click any button with Chinese ‘han zi’ characters. Basically the main point is same

白 度 [BAIDU] & 花 为 [HUA WEI] (redirect to http://dl.dbank.com/)

Just find the button with arrow pointing down symbol and the sentence下载 (means download)

-------------------Bonus Translation----------------------

As a bonus, I give you English translation for well-known websites (Ephemera's & LemonLeaf's) for you who curious & mad to find out what those Chinese characters saying @#$@#$#% all this time...

I know I post these translation is kinda late. Everyone already knows how to navigate the sites... via Google Translate, who doesn't?
Sometimes Google Translate won't give you proper translation or end up with funny/odd translation. I translated important words manually to help you recognizing some essential words to hopefully understand at navigating the sites better. Hope these will help to whom whose doesn't know how to translate / their foreign translation program doesn't working at that moment. Because both English and Chinese are not my native languages, please feel free to correct me if I have wrong translation. I translated as the best as I can.

If you want to find out the listing of all custom contents made by that creator, click on ' 博文目录 ' link on top of the page. It means 'Blog Article List'

I wonder is there any volunteers who want to translate Sims download websites in other foreign languages? Russian for example ?

Quote: Originally posted by cre8ive10
I followed your instructions, however it gives me a thing that says jkr setup. is this correct? do I have to download that first or is that THE package?

You must have been clicking wrong button: advertising banner / other page besides download button.You are supposed to get the .rar file not something like setup / .exe
Beware of the malware / unneeded advertising file stuff. Whether you follow my instruction or Alicious', you have to click button that says 立即下载 : download immediately.

I moved my downloads to Simblr thebleedingwoodland
My newer quality downloads on my blog The Bleeding Woodland
Test Subject
#11 Old 24th Aug 2014 at 4:58 AM
I did click the one you both said to click :/ the arrow never shows green...I waited and waited but it never did
#12 Old 24th Aug 2014 at 12:35 PM
I did click the one you both said to click :/ the arrow never shows green...I waited and waited but it never did

I don't know which button/link did you click, and which step you were at. Please tell more specific which button/link did you click, what is it like, what steps you have been done from clicking the rayfile link until you can't find the 'green arrow' button. Post the screenshot to make it easier to find out what is the cause.
After you clicked rayfile link, have you waited the 20 seconds timer to countdown by itself? While the page is in countdown mode, there is no download button with green arrow appears. After the countdown finished, the page will automatically be refreshed by itself then bring you download buttons with green arrow pointing down.

Test Subject
#13 Old 25th Aug 2014 at 5:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BloodyScholastic
I don't know which button/link did you click, and which step you were at. Please tell more specific which button/link did you click, what is it like, what steps you have been done from clicking the rayfile link until you can't find the 'green arrow' button. Post the screenshot to make it easier to find out what is the cause.
After you clicked rayfile link, have you waited the 20 seconds timer to countdown by itself? While the page is in countdown mode, there is no download button with green arrow appears. After the countdown finished, the page will automatically be refreshed by itself then bring you download buttons with green arrow pointing down.

Á¢¼´ÏÂÔØ I clicked that and yes I did wait for the countdown, thanks for the help and I understand if you don't know my problem, but if you do I truly appreciate the help
#14 Old 25th Aug 2014 at 2:57 PM
Á¢¼´ÏÂÔØ I clicked that and yes I did wait for the countdown, thanks for the help and I understand if you don't know my problem, but if you do I truly appreciate the help

Hmmm your Á¢¼´ÏÂÔØ you had posted is unsupported on this forum. Okay I've been trying to understand your point. You had waited for the countdown until it finished, then you did click the first button [立即下载] correctly but the arrow never showed up so the button is unclickable that makes the file cannot be retrieved?

It could be the button / the link / the page is broken by the browser issue?
The download button is supposed to be available all the time, not down or broken. Try using Google Chrome / Mozilla Firefox / Opera? I use Chrome, the arrow always shows up constantly.

If you posted the screenshot here it might help more clearly

Test Subject
#15 Old 26th Aug 2014 at 12:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BloodyScholastic
Hmmm your Á¢¼´ÏÂÔØ you had posted is unsupported on this forum. Okay I've been trying to understand your point. You had waited for the countdown until it finished, then you did click the first button [立即下载] correctly but the arrow never showed up so the button is unclickable that makes the file cannot be retrieved?

It could be the button / the link / the page is broken by the browser issue?
The download button is supposed to be available all the time, not down or broken. Try using Google Chrome / Mozilla Firefox / Opera? I use Chrome, the arrow always shows up constantly.

If you posted the screenshot here it might help more clearly

thanks you did understand what I was saying
#16 Old 30th Aug 2014 at 4:21 PM
You're welcome @cre8ive10. Glad you can, at least, solve the problem by reading my reply.

Instructor
#17 Old 18th Jan 2016 at 4:20 AM