Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jun 2017 at 1:01 AM Last edited by Nalia : 23rd Jun 2017 at 7:28 PM.
Default WCIF Classic sofa/loveseat, dining chair and marble table like these...
I am building a cafe as a family business for one of my Sims and his son, and I had the "brilliant" idea to make it look, well, sort of, like Cafe Florian in Venice. Here is what I'm looking for:

Dining chair, sofa/loveseat and and, if possible, floor tiles

Dining chair & marble dining table

I'm not going for all the Baroque decoration on the walls and doors, but if I could find furniture like these I'd be really happy, and much grateful!
By the way, the colour of the second photo's dining chair and sofa is actually red.

Many thanks in advance.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 22nd Jun 2017 at 2:57 AM
I don't know if they suit - they're not exact, but possible floor tiles (brown diagonal) at http://modthesims.info/d/581258 or diagonal terracotta https://www.thesimsresource.com/art...iles/id/996080/. Black and white diagonal (scroll down to Georgian checkerboard) at http://curiousb.dreamwidth.org/38228.html#cutid1.
I often have difficulty finding the exact flooring I want. I hope you find something.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Jun 2017 at 3:54 AM
CuriousB's tiles look perfect to me. I'll fire up HomeCrafter and check if it works. If it does I'll try to change the colours. Many thanks for your time, yavannatw!
Meet Me In My Next Life
#4 Old 22nd Jun 2017 at 7:39 AM
@Nalia the chairs you have in your second picture I was so surprise to see, I have two chair exactly like those chairs in real life.
I found them many years ago at an antique store, they are called " French style Salon Chairs" having and buying antique is one of my love and hobby. I got them at the time for a pretty good price ( after talking the sale person down a little on the money lol )
The ones I have look like this ( Click on picture ) but with a deep burgundy velvet seating to sat on, actually the same color as in your picture.
Screenshots

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 22nd Jun 2017 at 7:53 AM Last edited by yavannatw : 22nd Jun 2017 at 11:49 PM.
No worries, Nalia.
There's a nice marble table at http://modthesims.info/t/474932 along with a couple of reasonable chairs (although not the same style).
Edit: There are links under the illustrations but to a site that requires registration (if it still works).
Edit 2: Thanks for the warning about that site, Nalia
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 22nd Jun 2017 at 10:51 AM Last edited by Nalia : 22nd Jun 2017 at 11:11 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Simonut
@Nalia the chairs you have in your second picture I was so surprise to see, I have two chair exactly like those chairs in real life.
I found them many years ago at an antique store, they are called " French style Salon Chairs" having and buying antique is one of my love and hobby. I got them at the time for a pretty good price ( after talking the sale person down a little on the money lol )
The ones I have look like this ( Click on picture ) but with a deep burgundy velvet seating to sat on, actually the same color as in your picture.

*Nalia gives some love to Simonut*
These chairs are really lovely! Good taste, Simonut! and the burgundy velvet seems the best choice in my opinion. (I do love mixing antiques with contemporary elements in real life.) When I was in Venice last time (a few yeas back) I found some furniture workshops that recreate period style furniture and give them an antique finishing look. Quite good at their job and not cheap either. Now, if I could find a simified version of these chairs I'd really be happy, but so far my search has produced no satisfactory results.

Quote: Originally posted by yavannatw
No worries, Nalia.
There's a nice marble table at http://modthesims.info/t/474932 along with a couple of reasonable chairs (although not the same style).
Edit: There are links under the illustrations but to a site that requires registration (if it still works).

Thanks again, yavannatw. The table doesn't look that bad, but I think a simple garden marble table might be a better choice. Not that I have found one yet. Ha! I'll keep your suggestion in mind in case I fail to find something better though.

Edit: A word of warning: I did register at SeptemberSims forum to download the table, and their downloads are infested with Adfly.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 22nd Jun 2017 at 11:51 PM
What a shame. I am surprised that there are no marble tables around. I do remember seeing a square one somewhere but it may be too big.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 23rd Jun 2017 at 5:04 AM
It is strange no one mentioned Vitasims yet.
http://archive.tehsims.com/mirror/V....com/sims2.html
Important!
How to navigate on this site.

Do not go directly for items. Click on any image on down moving row. If it is donation item it will open another window and navigate by arrows on total down to see other donation items. You can download donation items on booty.
If it is free item, it will open window inside the site. Navigate again by arrows total down and you can download directly.
I hope I made it clear.
Test Subject
#9 Old 23rd Jun 2017 at 4:46 PM
I recolour a lot of historical furniture, without sounding too much like I'm tooting my own horn - Maybe you'll find something you like?
Field Researcher
#10 Old 23rd Jun 2017 at 5:52 PM
@Nalia, if you follow Annaminna's link, click on the green Objects icon at the top of the page and scroll down about 40% of the way, the Victorian Dining room set looks as if it could be exactly what you are looking for.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 23rd Jun 2017 at 7:27 PM Last edited by Nalia : 23rd Jun 2017 at 7:50 PM.
@Annaminna
I didn't think of Vitasims myself either, to be honest, just because I have already had some of their sets. That was the stupidest thing I did this week. *facepalm*
@Aysarth
You're absolutely correct. The dining table from the Victorian Dining room is as close as possible to what I have been looking for the interior.
@ Cupcakeyy
Whether you're tooting your own horn or not is irrelevant. What matters is that, thanks to you, I have found one more site that may prove useful in my Sim adventures.
Edit: Your recolours of Cashcraft stuff are really nice! Got them all!

Thank you all very, very much! <3 <3

Now I need to find leather dining chair and leather loveseat for the extrerior, somehow I don't think I'll find the red velvet chair for the interior, but I'll go through every little bit of Vitasims' stuff, just in case.
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 23rd Jun 2017 at 10:55 PM
I always forget about Vitasims! Success at last
And I love your tumblr, Cupcakeyy. I'm one of your many followers.
Forum Resident
#13 Old 24th Jun 2017 at 3:59 PM
I would browse through Cashcraft's offerings on The Sims Resource. She has some beautiful Victorian inspired pieces.
https://www.thesimsresource.com/art...category/sims2/

So many things to learn; so few brain cells to process the info needed to learn things!
Shipwreck Island
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 24th Jun 2017 at 11:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SIMelissa
I would browse through Cashcraft's offerings on The Sims Resource. She has some beautiful Victorian inspired pieces.
https://www.thesimsresource.com/art...category/sims2/

I did that a few hours back. Although I found quite interesting CC, no loveseat or dining chair for my current project.
Thanks for the suggestion though. Much appreciated.
Theorist
#15 Old 25th Jun 2017 at 6:23 AM
Not the same shape but worship4ever0227 has a marble table HERE.

Whenever you see a "Say Thanks" button show the creator you appreciate their work...click on it.
You can also find more of my work at Leefish and Plumb Bob Keep
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 25th Jun 2017 at 7:02 PM
That marble table is too "rough" for my taste and the style I want for the Cafe.
Nevertheless, thanks for trying to help, Michelle. Much appreciated, as always.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 28th Jun 2017 at 9:23 PM
Update:
While being in the process of building the cafe, I find the brown colour from Michelle's Degrees tiles be the best choice for the outdoor area.[If only I wasn't so dump and useless with Photoshop!] So, more thanks to the creator and the fellow Simmer who mentioned them.<3