Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 10:04 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Pets, Seasons, Apartment Life
Default Sim keeps rolling generic wants
I am playing the Sims 2 Super Collection by Aspyr on a Mac. No custom content at the moment. I had a CAS Sim marry a townie. My CAS Sim (Betty) and the townie (Oliver) are both Family Sims. Ever since Oliver moved in, he keeps rolling the generic wants and fears that you get when you start playing - "meet someone new", "flirt", "gain a skill point", with fears like "death of a relative" (instead of "death of Betty"), etc. I've been playing that family for a while and fulfilling his generic wants, but he just keeps rolling the same five or six generic wants over and over again. I actually had Oliver move in before he and Betty got engaged or married - he never rolled a want to get engaged to Betty, and once they were engaged, he never rolled a want to marry her, either. Now Betty is pregnant, and Oliver hasn't rolled the "Have a baby" want either.

Is there anything that can be done about this? I tried deleting Oliver with move_objects, but when he came back he still rolled the same generic wants. Has anyone had this issue before and can anything be done to fix it? Thanks so much for reading!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 10:12 PM
Send them on a date and it should fix it.

Delete the 2 cache files in C:\Users\(your computer name)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2 and then send them on a date.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
#3 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 10:41 PM
Look under his LTW. Does he still have his original one, or has he changed, possibly to something not legal for a Family sim? That may indicate an accident in his data, which wiped a lot of his SWAF (Sims-wants-and-fears) data. When this happens, nothing can fix it except restoring from a backup from before the accident, but if you don't have such a backup, you can start to build up a new SWAF and fix what's gone wrong.

Download the batbox, aka lotdebugger (http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s....php?topic=72.0 - don't let all the scare verbiage intimidate you; the creator has a weird sense of humor) and put it onto the lot and check under "memory," "Fix," and "wants" for available options. If you see "Wipe corrupted memory," wipe it. Clear gossip from all (that's under Memory). Most important, restore his LTW - under "wants" you get the option to "reroll" or "Cycle" LTW. "Reroll" randomizes a new one from those available for the aspiration; "cycle" works through all available ones in order.You won't see anything happening, just check after each application. This should put him in the best possible condition for a date to get him back on track loving his wife.

If the date doesn't knock him out of it, and he does have his right LTW, you'll have to go back to the FAQ and do any steps that you can. Do them, don't just read them, if they're at all possible, no matter how little sense it makes. And if none of them fix it, come back and tell us what happened, and we'll brainstorm with you.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 30th Oct 2014 at 1:13 AM
Bear in mind, also, that sims which have had a certain want fulfilled several times become increasingly more likely to roll that want again. So it may be that by trying to clear out the boring wants, you've actually encouraged your sim to roll them more often. A better solution may be to send him to community lots/on dates/to sleep, or use mods to reroll his wants, to see if he starts rolling a wider variety of stuff that way.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 30th Oct 2014 at 1:17 AM
When I find my sim rolling the same wants, I use sim blender to "reroll" the wants...to no avail. The exact same wants/fears come back at exact same spots..

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#6 Old 30th Oct 2014 at 7:01 PM
Entering a scenario (like dating) that has its own want trees, or changing lots, is a lot more effective than rerolling wants in my experience. I hardly ever get the infamous "stuck wants" because I change lots so often; so when I do get one stuck, I take it seriously as something that sim is obsessing over.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 30th Oct 2014 at 7:49 PM
Thank you so much, everyone! This is really helpful.

His LTW is legal (marry off 6 children). I deleted the caches and sent Oliver on a date, which introduced a handful of new wants afterwards - still no "have baby", but at least "appreciate Betty," "play with Betty," and a few others are coming up. I will play around with changing lots and a few more dates and see what happens. At least there's a little progress right now, which is good. Thank you again!
Mad Poster
#8 Old 30th Oct 2014 at 9:07 PM
Even a Family sim is not guaranteed to roll a want to have a baby! The odds are just increased. And I bet he loves it when it gets here, regardless. The more different things you do with him, the more different wants he should roll; and the more he interacts romantically with Betty, the more specific wants for her will come up.

Mad Poster
#9 Old 30th Oct 2014 at 10:41 PM
Does Oliver has a second aspiration? Or it was with FT...

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)