Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Jun 2014 at 10:09 PM
Default The Petz Games
I just felt like these awesome games deserved their own thread. Just to be clear, I'm talking about the old 2D games here, not the new ones. The Petz games are a really great series that not a lot of people know about because they were discontinued and the company that made them was sold. These days it's nearly impossible to find them, especially the older games. The Petz games were what introduced me to both the concept of virtual life games and the knowledge that you can take files out of a game, change them, and put them back in. My question is this: Do you still play Petz? If you do, what's your play style? Right now, I'm trying to see how sims-style legacy play translates into Petz 3.

May your plumbob glow ever green.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 1:46 AM
I hate to bump this thread but OH MY GOODNESS YES. I don't own the games any more and I was trying to find them but I couldn't! I was so addicted to these games. I myself had Petz 5 and it was a ton of fun.

"Just once, can you two behave like grown ups?" "We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants. I wouldn't hold out too much hope."
Instructor
#3 Old 28th Jul 2014 at 7:45 PM
Brings back memories from my childhood. I'd gotten Dogz II, Catz II and Oddballz for my birthday, and me and my friends gathered at my place after school and played together. I have to say, Oddballz was my favorite.

Sadly, the games disappeared sometime during my teenage years, and I haven't played since. Do the games work on newer computers/OS's?
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 5:52 PM
I have two of the Petz games in my DS games collection right next to my TV. I was obsessed with animal games on the DS for some time.

"'Why is Shinji blushing over everything Kaworu does,' you ask? He's gay..... gay gay gay gay gay" -Actual Kaworu