Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jun 2013 at 3:10 PM
Default What's your opinion about Plants VS Zombies 2?
I really loved Plants VS Zombies. It's one of the games I really got addicted to! Well, not so much anymore though, but it took me a long time until I started to get bored with this game. Technically I'm not bored; I still love it, but I just needed to stop playing every once in a while. The game is so creative to turn plants into defensive and offensive stuff to defense the tower. The zombies too, as well as the levels. I just can't hide that I'm really fascinated with its creativity! I even sometimes wished I could tweak the game and make some changes for more challenges, or levels, or such, but yeah that's just a dream. Maybe something more will come in the sequel... if there would be one!

But my dreams shattered after I heard about PvZ 2, which will only be available on iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch. The graphics look... very different... Even the iPad version of PvZ 1 is resembling the PC version! Now why do they have to change so much!? I know PvZ is now owned by EA, but I don't know how direct is EA's impact to PvZ. But as long as I know EA is related, I always blame things I don't like to EA. Sigh.

At least, that's what I heard. I hope someday it will release its platform in PC too, but I doubt the graphics would be different from the iPad version...

Quote: Originally posted by PopCap
“We are not commenting further on future adaptations of PvZ 2 at this time, except to say that over time, we plan to bring the game to numerous platforms and make it even more widely available than the original Plants vs. Zombies.”

^ That's the quote from PopCap when asked by PCGamer. Do you like PvZ? What do you think about the change? Do you look forward to it? Will the game be better than the first one? :/
Advertisement
Helptato
#2 Old 7th Jun 2013 at 5:24 PM
Probably not. The first one was fun, had great music and was very creative.

If it's Apple products only it probably won't be as good. Especially if EA has any say in it. You just KNOW Apple paid big bucks for the sequel to only be on their platforms..

Emma!

Simblr
[url=https://peanutbuttersandwich.dreamwidth.org/Dreamwidth[/url]
Field Researcher
#3 Old 15th Jun 2013 at 4:34 PM
I hate that it's only for iOS and that it's free to play. The F2P part baffles me, I thought we were talking about EA.

I'm thinking all through the night
I could be yours just like before
Rewrite another try
'Cause we've had the loneliest time
Instructor
#4 Old 5th Jun 2014 at 10:44 AM
Necro-ing this thread, but...

I play Plants vs. Zombies 2 (which is now available for Android btw), and it's totally playable without IAPs. There are some Premium Plants and some extra upgrades, but most of them aren't very useful. There are also coin and gem packs, but I don't know why anyone would buy them. Ever.
I like the graphics. They're more smooth and the animations are much better than PvZ1's.
A recent update also brought back the Zen Garden and a 4th world (the 5th world is releasing soon). Power Ups can now be earned through events (there are these daily levels where you can earn coins, gems etc.), or they can be obtained by playing endless zones. (I have over 300 Power Ups that way.)
Honestly, I think it's just as good as the first game. I think the game got bad reputation because it has IAPs and EA is its publisher, but most of those people haven't even played the game to see what it's really like. All in all, as a PvZ1 player, I'd very much recommend it.
PS:I think it's releasing for PC this year.
Instructor
#5 Old 10th Aug 2015 at 3:08 PM
An ever bigger necro. Perhaps you won't mind as the game is still well-updated. A lot is new in PvZ2. Since the original release, the game mechanics were overhauled and new worlds were added: Far Future (future theme), Dark Ages (medieval theme), Big Wave Beach (60s beach theme), Frostbite Caves (ice age theme) and Lost City (exploration theme). A new world called Neon Mixtape Tour (80s theme) will release soon. Every world has a gimmick to it that makes it different, and it's not just new zombies. For example, Lost City has tiles which give you sun like a Sunflower when you plant on them. Frostbite Caves has ice floes which divert zombies, along with freezing mechanics. Neon Mixtape Tour will have different soundtracks which buff or nerf all zombies, depending on which one is played. With them, a lot of free plants and new zombies were released. Premium plants still exist, but some of them can be bought with gems--an in-game currency which isn't super rare. There also limited-time plants that can only be bought during an event. This happened with Halloween 2014, Thanksgiving 2014, Christmas 2014, Easter 2015 and most recently 4th July 2015 (the last event is still on because it's for the whole summer).

As mentioned in my last post, the Zen Garden returned, albeit in a different form. Vasebreaker is back, but is still in the "beta" stage so to speak--not all levels have been released. The game code has Beghouled levels. Daily levels still exist and they get refreshed with new events. You can earn costumes for plants in them, along with Power Ups, money, sprouts and gems. You get the occasional Treasure Yeti level which gives you some coins. But coins are barely useful--you can spend them on Plant Food and Power Ups or to restart the daily levels, but that's it. Not to mention that Power Ups can be earned in the Endless levels of each world (similar to Survival Mode). I have over 600 Power Ups; it's ridiculous. There's also a Travel Log feature for new players, but it's pointless for experienced players. It's very similar to TF2's Gun Mettle, except the Travel Log came first.

But yes, premium plants are still a thing. The community was very happy when they released them for gems because everyone had a lot by then. However, they seem to be going back to paid plants as they will be releasing four in a row, with the last plant for gems releasing in May. No new upgrades have come out.