Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jun 2014 at 4:07 AM Last edited by ~MadameButterfly~ : 20th Jun 2014 at 4:21 AM.
Default The Tomodachi Life Discussion
I am going to create this thread topic, because I've been having a lot of fun playing the game thus far...and at this point, I'm afraid someone is going to show up at my house and bust my knee caps for derailing the Sims 4 thread.

Here's a tip: if you want to hurry up their repetitive talking just press the A button. That will shut them up. I tend to press it multiple times during games to hurry it up. Also, it works when they have a super favorite food and you don't want to see the animation that goes with it.

The Topic is: Tips, pictures, QR codes & stories.

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2 Old 20th Jun 2014 at 4:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by emino
Oh gawd how can you handle that much? I keep having problems where everyone is having a crush on someone I made for someone else thus making them all heartbroken all over town. LOL

I've been deleting some Miis and rebooting them into the game if they give me too much trouble.

EDIT: For example: Ugly Betty was being a real skank whore, and she had the whole town crushing on her. It was like the other girls didn't even exist. So I rebooted her.

Theorist
#3 Old 20th Jun 2014 at 4:25 AM
How fun! Now I get to find out more about the game, thanks for creating this thread!

Although now I'm wondering about the wisdom of skank whores...hard to imagine those little Mii's going down that road, but keep in mind that all I've seen are pictures.

I need to get to bed now, but I'm definitely going to look up some Let's Plays tomorrow!

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 20th Jun 2014 at 4:35 AM
Yep! I'm sure there are some good ones! I got the game on the first day, so I didn't really check.

Also, another tip, http://www.miicharacters.com has a lot of good Miis for downloading. I've made several of my own Miis , but I've also downloaded quite a few from there as well.

Lab Assistant
#5 Old 20th Jun 2014 at 6:09 AM
I love Tomodachi Life! Actually, I've already been wondering what a sequel will be like, though it's way too early for that.
I made my Island called 'Titan Island' and created only Attack on Titan Miis. Some of it is silly, like Reiner and Mikasa dating, and ome of it is really cute, like Nanaba and Moblit being married, and Erwin and Hange being married.
I only have a couple of kids so far, though. And I didn't realize how quickly they grew until the other was born, and compared them. One's half the size of the other!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 20th Jun 2014 at 8:28 AM
I just got the game (actually after folks over in the TS4 thread started talking about "brushing the baby's head" and things like that) and I really like it so far, but I have no idea what I'm doing, haha. My self mii actually keeps crushing on that one guy (who always turns her down)...
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 20th Jun 2014 at 1:23 PM Last edited by ~MadameButterfly~ : 20th Jun 2014 at 1:57 PM.
Aww! Well if you approve of them, just keep trying. in my game Katie Holmes got turned down by Merlin seven times and now they are together. :D

Edit: Just out of curiosity, what is your favorite dream sequence? I think right now my favorite is the Mii on a stick with crazy hair.

(The only reason why I thought of this just now is because I just woke up and realized that I was dreaming of riding a four-wheeler, only it was not getting full speed. Then a mechanic pulled a turtle out of the gas tank.

He said, "It's dead." And I said, "No it isn't...it's still moving!" Then he said, "Yeah, but it is as good as dead!"

Seemed like a Tomodachi Life dream for sure.)

Lab Assistant
#8 Old 21st Jun 2014 at 6:48 AM
Ahhh i love this game and i cannot wait for babies! I have a bunch of my friends in it.. Gets annoying when the wrong people want to get together. LOL!

I think my fav dream is the red string one. XD
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 21st Jun 2014 at 8:38 AM
I haven't had too many dreams, but I think I like that one where another mii turns into this fairy with pink hair and the "main" mii changes into this robo-hero outfit, haha :D
They really do have a life of their own, it's definitely very entertaining. It's a bit like an upgraded Tamagotchi, although those always kept dying on me back in the day.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10 Old 21st Jun 2014 at 4:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nekochanpurr
Ahhh i love this game and i cannot wait for babies!

Another one of my couples just told me that they are going to have a baby. I'm really looking forward to it, because I want to see what the kid will look like. The first baby in my game took most of her qualities from her mom, but had her dad's mouth. I was like, "Yay! Little Mii genetics!" The thing that threw me off was the eyebrows, though. I guess Mii babies start with light eyebrows but then they darken up later if they have dark hair.

Scholar
#11 Old 21st Jun 2014 at 10:03 PM
...I have been watching Let's Plays of this game because of this thread - I so want it, lol!! It looks like so much fun - I have a 3DS and hardly use it due to not being interested in much of the games out there for it, but this one is just pure Japanese craziness - and I love it, lolol...

Will be keeping an eye on this thread for the infos etc, and be envious of you all for being able to play

PS- the Mii news is just brilliant - and I so want that hamster suit, lolol

...Titanium white...
Mad Poster
#12 Old 21st Jun 2014 at 10:19 PM
I've also been watching a Let's Play and after watching the...rap battle....I'm not sure if I'm still interested XD
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#13 Old 22nd Jun 2014 at 3:04 AM
The rap battles are kinda corny, but I guess I'm not one to talk. I spent the day making my Miis sing Olivia Newton John songs.

Will a little more love make it right? Will a little more love make it right?

Theorist
#14 Old 22nd Jun 2014 at 3:24 AM
I found a series of videos on this game and have watched about 6 episodes so far. It looks like great fun! Still not sure I want to invest in a console just to play it, though. Sometime in the next week I'm going to make a trip to GameStop and see what kind of used consoles they might have in stock.

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#15 Old 22nd Jun 2014 at 1:42 PM
Oh man. I'm dying now. The new mii baby was born and they chose the name Olivia. I told them they should keep the name, because the synchronicity of it all amused me.

But now one of my other couples is going to have a baby also. Handling two mii babies at the same time should be interesting.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#16 Old 23rd Jun 2014 at 1:32 AM Last edited by ~MadameButterfly~ : 23rd Jun 2014 at 3:36 AM.
So far I've learned that making female mii's after real life people is pretty tough, but I think my Dana Scully came out ok:

Now I am just waiting for Mulder and Scully to meet in my game. It seems to take ages.

Edit: The 3rd Mii baby was born in my game. His proud parents are Xena Warrior Princess and Black Beard the Pirate. I think the rest of the islanders better hide their valuables and nail down everything else before this kid learns to crawl.

Lab Assistant
#17 Old 28th Jun 2014 at 8:52 AM
Scully looks great! I've never really watched the show, but who doesn't know what Scully looks like, hehe?

In other news: My first couple finally married last night! That's about seven days of dating for you I'm actually really looking forward to a baby, even though it seems a bit demanding.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#18 Old 28th Jun 2014 at 7:11 PM
You're going to love it when you do! I love the babies, even with their demands.

Theorist
#19 Old 28th Jun 2014 at 11:13 PM
I ordered a console bundle today from Walmart.com. It should be available for pick-up at my local store in about 2 weeks, which is fine since I'll be away for a few days around the 4th.

By that time I should be able to pick this game up. Can't wait to try it; after all the TS4 news I need cheering up!

Laura's Legacy
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#20 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 3:20 AM
Oh, that's where I got mine! I got a really good deal on a bundle there too. I think they will cheer you up. I've been quick fixes from my miis in between reading Sims 4 news.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#21 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 4:19 AM

Gomez & Morticia Addams

Codes in Spoiler

Theorist
#22 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 6:29 PM
I love them! Scully was great, too.

Laura's Legacy
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#23 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 7:47 PM
Thank-you! :0D

Theorist
#24 Old 30th Jun 2014 at 2:51 AM
As soon as I get my console and game, and figure out how those codes work, I'm so going to download both couples for my game.

And btw that little Andrew looks fierce. LOL

Laura's Legacy
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#25 Old 30th Jun 2014 at 3:40 AM
He kills me. All the other babies looked so innocent and sweet. When I set eyes on them for the first time, I was like...awwwwww. But, when I saw Andrew I got scared. He looks a lot sweeter now that he is older, though, only slightly mischievous. I'll have to retake his photo.

I think you are going to have a lot of fun with your handheld. I have all the games you mentioned in the other thread. I have Animal Crossing and Mario Kart 7. <3

Page 1 of 2