Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jul 2014 at 7:45 AM
I'm starting to revive my love for EA. Am I crazy?
I became a fan of Electronic Arts back in 2004 after my mother had bought me The Sims Bustin Out for my PS2. I played it and loved that game to death. Played it with my sister every day. I then quickly progressed into The Urbz: Sims in the city, and eventually other sim games. Well, as everyone knows, modern day Electronic Arts has not been the same. They have been filled with greed, non customer friendly practices, and other issues. They have won the golden poo award twice in a row as well...
But for some reason, I am starting to renew my love for EA, and here is why:

1. They eventually listened with Simcity 2013.
Yes, I know, EA messed up. They wanted it to be online only as a DRM scheme. But after fan backlash, they still released an offline patch. Now, Simcity 2013 is very fun to
play, in my opinion anyways.

2. On The House with origin is a great program:
I got Dead Space and Peggle free. For EA, giving these free with no catch was something I felt joy about.

3. The Sims 2 Ultimate Edition:
EA giving out TS2 with all stuff and expansion packs is unusually wonderful of them. I loved how they gave this out. It has absolutely NO catch whatsoever, all you need
is to have a code registered with Origin for any Sims 2 product.

4. My experience with CS:
I had an amazing experience with customer support helping my friend yesterday. Her code was used for all her products and she was sad that she would miss out on
TS2 ultimate. However, the amazing CS agent spoke to their senior and she was granted the code despite the fact she couldn't prove it. They called me (as her) a
valued customer. Here is the message:

There was more to that. I said thank you, and he/she said they were glad they could put a smile on my face and added the game to my friends origin account.

Say what you want but this is my opinion, and as of the last few months I have really started to renew my love for EA that I once had back in the day. Does anyone else agree with me? Or do you not? If so, please give reason!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 20th Jul 2014 at 5:08 PM
And yet they can't help me get the content I paid for in the Sims 3 into my game.

They are improving in regards to how they treat their employees, but as a consumer I still think they rot.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 21st Jul 2014 at 12:47 AM Last edited by SakuraKiss : 21st Jul 2014 at 1:01 AM.
I'm still mad at EA over SecuROM.

It's great that they finally took SimCity 13 offline, but that still doesn't erase the fact for me they're ripping us off with TS4 and have done so many stupid things in the past.
But the On The House games are nice features.

"'Why is Shinji blushing over everything Kaworu does,' you ask? He's gay..... gay gay gay gay gay" -Actual Kaworu
Field Researcher
#4 Old 21st Jul 2014 at 2:27 AM
I have no idea where I can find my Sims 2 key!

I am MOHAAPlayer on Discord
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 21st Jul 2014 at 3:36 AM
Yes, they are sucking you in with blood feeding invisible alien leaches! BEWARE!

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#6 Old 21st Jul 2014 at 4:28 AM
EA killed my dog and knocked up my mom.
Inventor
#7 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 8:14 AM
Classic case of Stockholm Syndrome...

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 1st Aug 2014 at 12:59 PM
Well, I got a key out of them anyway and still haven't found my sims 2 key and now I find out that there is a public key!

I am MOHAAPlayer on Discord
Mad Poster
#9 Old 1st Aug 2014 at 2:03 PM
"Love" is a bit on the far side. "Grudgingly accepting they're the blibbering humdingers* responsible for my favorite game," is perhaps more like it.

SimCity was all about saving their butts and earning money out of a game that would otherwise have died down before it was even out.
The UC is more likely than not a way of getting people to install Origin. It's already proven to be difficult to install and get to work with downloads and the like, and players have to find all the workarounds as usual. It's also a time-limited "special offer" which might mean they're only going to offer it for money later.
Upped customer support is probably their last resort in trying to convince the players they actually care. The whole "you are a valued customer" more often than not proves to be a pacifying sales trick.

* Finding a blibbering humdinger is probably more likely than EA managing to salvage TS4. They've not exactly gone out of their way to show they actually care about the players or value the opinions.