Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

(UPDATE: 23-JUL-2016) Nectar Glass Replacement

by icarus_allsorts Posted 7th Jul 2014 at 7:52 PM - Updated 23rd Jul 2016 at 1:23 PM by icarus_allsorts : Mod Update

126 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 29 Feedback Posts, 96 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 6
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#51 Old 11th Jul 2014 at 9:45 AM
Thank you beautiful mod!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#52 Old 11th Jul 2014 at 2:48 PM
Thank you! Hope you come up with more great ideas :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#53 Old 11th Jul 2014 at 3:42 PM
Another great mod! Thank you for all that you contribute!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#54 Old 11th Jul 2014 at 3:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nikel23
I saw in your screenshot that the nectar can be placed on a bar, but it's the regular one, not the professional one.

According to the code it will happen in anyone's game (unless the bar is the ONLY surface on your lot). I moved those trays in Buy mode for the screenshot (they were served from the nectar racks not the bar anyways). Sorry if that misled you.
Alchemist
#55 Old 11th Jul 2014 at 6:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by icarus_allsorts
According to the code it will happen in anyone's game (unless the bar is the ONLY surface on your lot). I moved those trays in Buy mode for the screenshot (they were served from the nectar racks not the bar anyways). Sorry if that misled you.

Oh! No wonder. Sorry, I was under impression that you served the nectar from the bar. And no, you didn't mislead me.

Oh, I also haven't said it. Thank you for this mod! It's wonderful!

Just call me Nikel
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#56 Old 11th Jul 2014 at 7:25 PM
@nikel23 & Flaygor: Well I've updated the mod to change that behavior, they should prioritize placing the tray on the bar itself over other surfaces now.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#57 Old 12th Jul 2014 at 2:14 AM
Thank you!! Now my nectar connoisseur Sims can have pretty nectar! :)
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#58 Old 12th Jul 2014 at 8:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by icarus_allsorts
@nikel23 & Flaygor: Well I've updated the mod to change that behavior, they should prioritize placing the tray on the bar itself over other surfaces now.

Thank you so much! :lovestruc
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#59 Old 12th Jul 2014 at 11:26 AM
You're a genius icarus! No longer will my sims look like bums for drink fine wine out of a beaker! (Could have been worse, could have been a mug ;] )

Thanks a Million!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#60 Old 12th Jul 2014 at 1:59 PM
Love it :D Now I can finally tell what might actually be in their drink ;) Wine glasses are cool too :)
Forum Resident
#61 Old 12th Jul 2014 at 2:34 PM
Once again thank you, I was only trying to give some friendly feedback and you've gone and made it better, awesome.

BTW, I even had a Sim take his wine into the spa pool with him and put it on the side of the pool! Very nice.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#62 Old 13th Jul 2014 at 4:15 PM
oh thank you soooo much for doing this! I always hated seeing sims drink their fine wines out of water glasses....I am so happy you fixed that for us! I just love your mods!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#63 Old 13th Jul 2014 at 6:52 PM
Thanks You!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#64 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 4:18 PM
Thanks for this! Looks so much better!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#65 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 6:07 PM
What a great idea! Thank you so much for sharing this :D
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#66 Old 17th Jul 2014 at 4:38 PM
Like it
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#67 Old 18th Jul 2014 at 11:11 AM
Perfect! Been looking for this for a very long time. Thanks!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#68 Old 20th Jul 2014 at 10:40 AM
Ha! It's about time.. finally someone created this mod. I had made this wine glass default replacement 2 years ago but it failed and I gave up. Thank you for creating this mod. FINALLY my Sims can drink wine decently and properly with the supposedly proper elegant glass with class! No more ugly jumbo water glass as the result of EA's laziness.
Alchemist
#69 Old 21st Jul 2014 at 1:47 PM
@icarus_allsorts I just wanted to point out that Late Night bar drinks, in fact, can have any colors. The predefined colors you listed (Red, Orange, Yellow, Purple, and Green) are just presets. There's another predefined color which is Rainbow. The drink color is set at random color (just one random shade, not multiple like an actual rainbow).

I really love that you actually made an approach for a good calculation to determine the nectar color despite not knowing this, though! I thought you might be interested in hearing this.

Just call me Nikel
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#70 Old 21st Jul 2014 at 5:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nikel23
@icarus_allsorts I just wanted to point out that Late Night bar drinks, in fact, can have any colors. The predefined colors you listed (Red, Orange, Yellow, Purple, and Green) are just presets. There's another predefined color which is Rainbow. The drink color is set at random color (just one random shade, not multiple like an actual rainbow).

I thought so at first but then I noticed a sim that ordered a bar drink with multiple colors in different layers and assumed that that was what the "rainbow" preset was (haven't actually tried manually applying it to a glass to make sure myself). It should be possible somehow to use RGB values to ask the game to give the nectar any possible shade of any possible color but I couldn't find an explicit method to do this for objects (only for visual effects and lights) and I guess I didn't want to overcomplicate things so just stuck with the default presets (minus rainbow, though I might as well have allowed that too since I allowed the game's radioactive green as a valid color :P)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#71 Old 23rd Jul 2014 at 6:12 AM
Thank you this has been a peev of mine since they intorduced necter ( wine ) you are drinking that out of water glass EYE TWICH
now the can be like me and the rest of us and drink our necter from a wine glass
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#72 Old 23rd Jul 2014 at 11:54 PM
Thank you. This is far more proper way to imbibe nectar than from what looks like a juice glass. It will go well with the mod that changes word "nectar" to "wine", also preferable. =^..^=
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#73 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 4:31 PM
I love it European drinks !! <3 :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#74 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 7:02 PM
Thanx finally somebody did this!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#75 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 9:28 AM
it s cool