Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jul 2018 at 7:24 PM
Default WCIF - Titles or Name Extender
Hello

I have a 'hood where my sims are in a fantasy/medieval setting, with varying degrees of nobility and honorary titles. Is there a mod that can either allow me to name them Queen So-and-So or Knight Errant So-and-So without me having to contract their names so much? Even just a character increase would work, but it is a little frustrating to have to put Q. So-and-So to make it fit.

Sadly, I have no programming know-how whatsoever to do this myself.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 7th Jul 2018 at 7:47 PM
Various hacks let us rename any character.
also SimPE.
I take no limit on the number of characters in SimPE
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Jul 2018 at 8:55 PM
Thank you - will it work with all EPs including Fun With Pets because SimPE always gives me a warning if I try to open it and I don't want to break my game.
Alchemist
#4 Old 7th Jul 2018 at 9:07 PM
following process might remove the warning message::
1. exit SimPE.
2. run game.
3. when game's start up is finished (ie when screen is at neighborhood chooser), exit game.
4. run SimPE.

re-naming characters; it is through Sim Description resource of neighborhood's file. or through Catalog Description resource of character's file.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th Jul 2018 at 9:24 PM
Fantastic - I will try that. Thank you.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 8th Jul 2018 at 1:55 AM
Also make sure you have the right version of SimPE. If you have M&G you need the 0.73 version (or the new version Quaxi posted somewhere here on MTS).
Meet Me In My Next Life
#7 Old 8th Jul 2018 at 2:57 AM
Better back up your game first before making a name change, incase the steps confuse you.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 8th Jul 2018 at 9:01 AM
Thanks for all your help guys, it did not seem to want to let me change any of the information in SimPE, I have the most up-to-date version. I can get into it, but I cannot effect anything after I get past the warning, screenshot attached.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#9 Old 8th Jul 2018 at 11:40 AM
That's odd-because I get the same warning for the program, but it does load. Takes a minute or so for it to load, but once you get in, it does work. (I have Win7, as well-notorious for not liking anything..).

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#10 Old 8th Jul 2018 at 11:42 AM
Which version of SimPE are you using there - the installed version or the one you run manually? Did you make sure all the EPs and SPs are ticked in Preferences? You might try reloading the file table if you have to make changes (or exit and restart). You're not running any of Chris Hatch's EPs are you?

That message doesn't make sense anyway - M&G was the last ever pack for TS2.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Test Subject
#11 Old 11th Jul 2018 at 6:55 PM
Honestly, I am not really sure. My tech knowledge is all self-taught so I only know certain things.

I had a big of a hiccup with my machine and had to strip a lot of it back, just reinstalled the programs back in. I may have to just deal with the abbreviated titles if I can't get SimPE to play nicely.
Alchemist
#12 Old 11th Jul 2018 at 10:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by epistretes
Honestly, I am not really sure. My tech knowledge is all self-taught so I only know certain things.

I had a big of a hiccup with my machine and had to strip a lot of it back, just reinstalled the programs back in. I may have to just deal with the abbreviated titles if I can't get SimPE to play nicely.

Here's the latest version, posted just this year by Quaxi, post #83.
http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...319#post5338319

I use it with Window 7 and UC.

You might also make sure the game is not running when you try to open it. That sometimes causes errors, too. When you do load it, don't touch the mouse till it really finishes loading. Names are easy. You should be able to do what you want.