Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Nov 2011 at 1:55 AM Last edited by N8iveSims : 4th Nov 2011 at 4:12 AM.
Default Ts3 Horses and tack - Nimiipuu - Nez Perce
Hello,

I'll post some base parts if anyone wants to work on the horse tack meshes. If you want to create interesting appaloosas that aren't in create a pet, please do so and put them here so we can have a whole herd of beauties with beautiful beaded horse gear. then we can make a mini-theme for just the horses and horse-furniture, horse-regalia.

Nez perce horse - Nez Perce Horse
Sweetware appaloosa ranch -
Advertisement
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#2 Old 5th Nov 2011 at 7:30 PM
Ok. I extracted the package parts for blankets, saddle, collared medallion, and horsebase and bridle in case anyone wants to design some horse gear. I'll be working on these also. These are just the default parts.
Anyway. I'll be busy working on the Nez Perce horse gear.

Who wants to work on the Palousies? We need distinctive palousies. I'd like to see a grey full-body spot and a dark horse with white rear and dark spots and a rust spot. Anyway cruise Google for some good looking palousies.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  porkypine_ahBodyBlanket_0B607169.rar (362.0 KB, 126 downloads) - View custom content
Description: TS3 default horse blanket package
File Type: rar  porkypine_ahBreastCollaredMedallion_EB4AF426.rar (194.3 KB, 58 downloads) - View custom content
Description: TS3 default horse medallion
File Type: rar  porkypine_horse-bse-ahBase_0xe40ad030a81959b9_D7EDBE91.rar (6.6 KB, 49 downloads) - View custom content
Description: TS3 default horse body for sizing purposes
File Type: rar  porkypine_ahSaddleWesternHorseBase_171543BA.rar (390.1 KB, 63 downloads) - View custom content
Description: TS3 default western saddle
File Type: rar  porkypine_ahBridleWestern_0FFE5750.rar (280.0 KB, 63 downloads) - View custom content
Description: TS3 default western bridle
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 6th Nov 2011 at 10:18 PM
Finding pics of Nez Perce identified riding regalia might just require a bit of time at the library. My googling was not very fruitful. This martingale & horse mask was all I found the first time around. (For those of you who are not up on all your saddlery terms -- the martingale is a strap that goes across the chest, and is sometimes called a breast plate. In the tack display picture, it reminds one of an apron.)

Will try to work at the horses a bit.
Screenshots

Retired from the Sims world. Please continue to enjoy my creations. Thank you to everyone who helped -- by either giving me the tools and knowledge to create or by encouraging me & downloading my creations. The Sims community is the BEST!
Forum Resident
#4 Old 6th Nov 2011 at 11:19 PM Last edited by hexameter : 7th Nov 2011 at 11:11 PM.
Hi Porkypine,
I had a look at the meshes of the horse related parts in MilkShape using your packages. I had the same result like before with clones of my own. The S3 GEOM importer in MilkShape uses the default skeleton which is a sim but no animal nor a horse. Do you know whether somebody already found the animal skeletons and even extracted them from the game files? Otherwise I think the changed objects will not work correctly because of some wrong joint assignments.
hexameter

Edit: Today I tried to do the same with TSRW. It worked and I could edit the meshes with it.
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#5 Old 8th Nov 2011 at 6:19 PM Last edited by porkypine : 8th Nov 2011 at 7:03 PM.
I noticed that too and blythely proceeded anyway. Thanks for waking me up before I spent too much time on it.

However, TSW is not a 3D mesh editor so what did you use to extract the mesh? Oh! DUH! You used the TSO import! Ok. I'll try that. I haven't done so much that I'm unwilling to start over using TSR, especially since unimesh may not work after all. Thanks for the heads up.

...WES! update unimesh for pets pweeeeze! :p
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#6 Old 8th Nov 2011 at 6:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bluetexasbonnie
Finding pics of Nez Perce identified riding regalia might just require a bit of time at the library. My googling was not very fruitful. This martingale & horse mask was all I found the first time around. (For those of you who are not up on all your saddlery terms -- the martingale is a strap that goes across the chest, and is sometimes called a breast plate. In the tack display picture, it reminds one of an apron.)

Will try to work at the horses a bit.

I like those. :0) I want to enlarge the bridle area on the horse UV map but need the UV of the horse so I don't overwrite the other parts. still experimenting. I'll have to do a color block ti figure out which areas are clear for extra stuff.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 8th Nov 2011 at 9:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by porkypine
... Thanks for the heads up. ...

You're welcome!
Quote: Originally posted by porkypine
...WES! update unimesh for pets pweeeeze! :p

Oh, yes, I would support the wish!
Anyways, I'll try whether I can get the skeleton using TSRW. Unfortunately the imports with the plugin of it doesn't show the single joints in their positions. I prefer to see them all correctly arranged. But meantime there will be no better solution I think.
hexameter
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#8 Old 9th Nov 2011 at 6:27 PM
I sent a PM to Wes asking if he had Pets joints on his Unimesh to do list. I didn't see the skeleton on the TSRW mesh but at least it had proper vertice assignments. Since I hadn't assigned any bones to what I had done, I can just export that as an object and import the shape into TSO. .. Off to do some meshing...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 12th Nov 2011 at 9:31 PM
Oops! I made a booboo!

I oopsed it really good!

This is what happens we you use NRASS Master controller on your sim to get to into "Edit in CAS", then change your sim to a horse, because you want to check out the skeleton horse to help you determine where on the DDS map the horse ends and the free area begins so you can use them to make new mesh parts and place them on theUeV map without impinging on the horse...

That part is pretty straightforward. The error occurs when you still have the horse, wearing zebra stripes, and you click the CHECK mark. Back on the lot, your simmie has become a creature of indeterminate shape and pattern.

At this point, the only recovery is exiting to main menu without saving.

~ porkypine :P
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#10 Old 14th Nov 2011 at 12:47 AM
The horse tack will have to wait for an updated unimesh. I can't assign the bone assignments correctly. The bone tool doesn't recognize the horse parts. :/

Oh well. Off to do some hairstyles... in the meantime.... long awaited hairstyles....
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#11 Old 14th Nov 2011 at 6:37 PM
Update! Wes is fixing Unimesh. I sent him the .m3sd files. :D