Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Middleground -- Neighbourhood with lots; base game compatible

by plasticbox Posted 2nd Dec 2007 at 12:49 AM - Updated 13th Jan 2015 at 4:18 AM by plasticbox

202 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 193 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 9
Test Subject
#101 Old 22nd Dec 2007 at 11:33 AM Last edited by JessieBee185 : 22nd Dec 2007 at 11:56 AM.
I have a problem. I'd LOVE to have this neighbourhood in my game because it looks beautiful, but it's not showing up. I've downloaded the custom content into my downloads folder, downloaded the neighbourhood into my neighbourhoods folder and expanded them both with WinRAR, but it won't show up. I deleted both files and tried downloading it again, but I'm still having the same problem. I checked the neighbourhood folder, and to my knowledge everything looks like it's there.

Am I doing something wrong?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#102 Old 22nd Dec 2007 at 1:07 PM
Gram, are you sure you don't have notownieregen installed?

In any case, if your game doesnt do it by itself you can force create townies (shift-click the mailbox in debug mode) or make them yourself .. there's plenty different methods. Probably covered in Game Help or on the wiki. Or in the MATY thread with the templates (link in OP).

JessieBee185,

I'm sorry but I have no idea what's wrong.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
#103 Old 22nd Dec 2007 at 2:53 PM
No worries, I managed to fix the problem! Turns out the neighbourhood folder (N514) wasn't working because it was in another folder; the one that I expanded. So I took it out of that, started my game and the neighbourhood was there!

So I'm very happy now. It's a beautiful neighbourhood and I'm just off to download some of your lots from Newbie Road to add to it! :p
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#104 Old 22nd Dec 2007 at 4:01 PM
JessieBee,

thanks very much for that feedback! This could be the root of other people's problems too -- I'm grateful you posted, becuase I don't use WinRAR so I'd never have been able to catch that one.

Enjoy your game!

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Field Researcher
#105 Old 23rd Dec 2007 at 6:10 AM
ABSOLUTELY awesome!!!! Thanks a lot!

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much. (Oscar Wilde)
Field Researcher
#106 Old 23rd Dec 2007 at 6:20 AM
I was almost forgeting... Is it ready to Bon Voyage?

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much. (Oscar Wilde)
Test Subject
#107 Old 24th Dec 2007 at 12:56 PM
Hi!
My english is not good, but I hope you will understand me.
I tried your great hood, but none of the houses work in my game. Do I need any Add-Ons?
Please help me.

The creator of bad English.

Visit our Maxis Match project: Maxis Dreams
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#108 Old 25th Dec 2007 at 2:03 PM
dea_phoenixtraene,

can you describe a bit more exactly what's happening? Like, what do you mean by "none of the houses work" -- does the neighbourhood load?

Test Subject
#109 Old 25th Dec 2007 at 2:26 PM
When I started the game, I had the hood on the last position, like it is said.
But when I wanted to play with your hood, there were no houses. The trees and all the rest of the decoration was there, but not one house.

The creator of bad English.

Visit our Maxis Match project: Maxis Dreams
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#110 Old 25th Dec 2007 at 5:16 PM
dea_phoenixtraene,

I would guess your download is incomplete .. that seems to be the only logical explanation (somehow the neighbourhood itself arrived in one piece, but the files in the lots subfolder did not, is my theory). Can you try redownloading? None of the lots require any EPs, so that can't be it.

Instructor
#111 Old 28th Dec 2007 at 12:04 AM
Thank you for the Middleground neighborhood terrain. It looks really cozy. Good work!

* Pickles *
Lab Assistant
#112 Old 30th Dec 2007 at 1:52 PM
thanks, i have started to play it and its great. I love how the houses, are so well put together, small but well thought out. just like all your homes that you make.
Lab Assistant
#113 Old 30th Dec 2007 at 10:28 PM
I thought Baskerville was fab, but too big for me - so I stripped it of your even more fabulous lots and played elsewhere. This neighbourhood, however, is utter perfection! It feels smaller (probably just to me) and I find it to be nicely playable. Why, the only thing that could make it better would be the Baskerville lots. So I transfered them all to the Lots Bin.

I have tens of lots and just three of them were not created by you. You are truly an awesome creator and I thank you for sharing.
Lab Assistant
#114 Old 31st Dec 2007 at 9:59 PM
I have a problem.

2 of the lots are crashing in my game, constantly, I cant seem to get into them. I have UNI, NL, OFB and Seasons installed and it says that this is compatible with base game, is anyone else having problems the lots that I know of are: Lot 12 & Lot 13.

Thanks.
Test Subject
#115 Old 1st Jan 2008 at 4:37 AM
Thank you so very much for this download. it is a releaf to have this hood to download, because this is what i have been looking for for months. i cannot find hoods made with houses and landscaping in it as much as i look. whenever someone makes a hood and says that it is undecorated, i feel like i wish they had left it decorated. it is the biggest reason why i like sims expansion packs. they come with hoods all ready to use with houses and decorations and people. it feels like another land that you get to discover. i cant tell you how much i am happy to have this lot. i saw it in game, and just had to turn it off to tell you this. thank you very much and happy nexw year to you and all of you. may your newyears be wonderfull with good experinces, care and happyness!!!
Test Subject
#116 Old 2nd Jan 2008 at 9:33 AM
AW MY GAWD...LOVELY...AMAZING JOB!!!Thanks for sharing it...
Test Subject
#117 Old 4th Jan 2008 at 5:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by missaaliyah
I have a problem.

2 of the lots are crashing in my game, constantly, I cant seem to get into them. I have UNI, NL, OFB and Seasons installed and it says that this is compatible with base game, is anyone else having problems the lots that I know of are: Lot 12 & Lot 13.

Thanks.

My game crashs on Lot 12, too. But Lot 13 seems to work.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#118 Old 4th Jan 2008 at 8:29 PM
Para and misaaliyah,

are you sure you have all the custom content installed properly? Because that's the only time I ever crash in my own game when *entering* a house .. missing CC. I haven't yet been able to pin down which kinds of CC exactly -- definitely not the two Maxis objects (doesn't matter if they're not there, they just won't show up) and not walls/floors either, that's what I can tell for sure.

Test Subject
#119 Old 14th Jan 2008 at 4:33 PM
There are one or two lots in this neighbourhood that are long and thin. I like these. There not avaliable to select when placing a lot. How where these placed originally? I have all expansion packs except OFB. Thanks
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#120 Old 14th Jan 2008 at 6:53 PM
antbyrne706,

see the "Mini Lots" links in the OP =)

Test Subject
#121 Old 16th Jan 2008 at 12:32 AM
Lots # 15 and 17 doesn't show for me either, but other than that beautiful neighborhood. *Presses THANKS button*
Test Subject
#122 Old 20th Jan 2008 at 12:19 AM
I just downloaded this the other day, and it's beautiful! However whenever I try to call a maid or gardener (it might be all service people? I haven't tried any others) I get an error message, or if I'm on the third speed, while it doesn't show an error message, the sim reverts back to as if they hadn't made the call and the phone conversation boxes don't pop up. I'm not sure if this is a downloading issue, but I don't have a clue how to fix this :P
Test Subject
#123 Old 22nd Jan 2008 at 3:24 PM
Looks awesome! Will it still work if I don't download any custom content?
Lab Assistant
#124 Old 27th Jan 2008 at 6:13 PM
Very good neighbourhood. It's been some time since I saw the need to download one, so a job well done!

MTS2 rocks my socks!

<Inge> is the truth always "cool"?
<Inge> a thing isn't true just cos it's interesting
<tracyshayne> Hi, Inge...you talking to yourself over there?
A quote from the MTS2 chat!
Lab Assistant
#125 Old 5th Feb 2008 at 1:38 PM Last edited by baerchen83 : 5th Feb 2008 at 5:06 PM.
Amain: Could this be because you don't have any NPCs? Do you have a hack installed that prevents the generation of them?

Try to force the creation of them: In Neighborhood mode enable debug mode (boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true), enter one lot with a sim living there, shiftclick the mailbox, click "more" and pick "make NPC". Now many NPCs should be created, three of each kind.
You can create Townies/Downtownies the same way.

Plasticbox, many thanks for this Neighborhood. I will have a look at it in game today, but from the pictures it just looks perfect for me. I am going to use this as my main hood and baskerville as a sub-hood.
So many, many thanks for these. These are much appreciated.

Edit: I just installed the 'hood and noticed that these two houses are missing for me as well.
I also noticed that both of them are 1x3 lots.
All houses have the names and numbers you picked for them (Main Street, Forest Lane etc) except the 1xX lots by MaryLou, they are all named "RL 1x3 Lot by MaryLou", "RL 1x2 Lot by Marylou" or something like that.
So I can place the first of the missing lots without problems, but I need to rename the second.
Maybe that's the reason why these lots are missing: they have identical names.

I'm playing the German version of the game in case you need to know.
Page 5 of 9