Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jan 2015 at 2:27 AM
Same mesh appears with different shine?
As usual, I´m not sure if I´m in the correct thread, and I´m sorry if I´m not.
I had this doll for sims 2 and I converted it for sims 3 using exactly the same mesh and textures, the only thing i did was to "pose" the mesh differently (you´ll understand when you see the pictures), anyway, I made several different poses with the mesh and I made a package out of each. I used the same base for all: the flamingo decor. The thing is the first time I did it the textures turn out perfectly, the shine was perfect everything went ok, but the next ones got this blurry texture (which i fixed) and no shine at all.And I want that shine back! I dont know what I did different for the result not be the same. Any suggestions?
And thanks in advance
Screenshots

>>> JuBa_0oº <<<

Dr. Bumby:
"Everything has a season Alice. A flower blooms and fades away. Memories too, have a useful life."
My Simblr and all my creations at SimMist
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 19th Jan 2015 at 9:09 AM
The term "pose" is confusing me and maybe this question has nothing to do with
your issue, but does the mesh have joints (I mean, other that the usual one)?

[I'm not sure of what I'm saying here] If not, then when you change the mesh
significantly you probably have to re-do the UV mapping again.

How did you fixed the blurry textures? Can the problem be related to the specular?
That texture is in charge of shining-ness if I'm not wrong.

EDIT: The technical sections of TS3 have low traffic/activity.
I'm not an expert of these things, just trying to be helpful.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 19th Jan 2015 at 9:45 PM
double-check that your specular is ok

if not try going to the mesh tab in TSRW, give one click on the "default material" box for your object group (Group 1 if you have a groundshadow, if not group 0), three dots should appear, click on them and a new window comes up, check out that your specular is 255-255-255 for the RGB values

btw, is your object cast-able? because if it only uses an overlay or stencil texture and no mask/multiplier/specular then the shine that TSRW is showing won't appear in game. sometimes in the TSRW preview objects turn to that white shine that your first object is showing, but it really doesn't appear like that in-game
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 19th Jan 2015 at 9:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Arsil
The term "pose" is confusing me and maybe this question has nothing to do with
your issue, but does the mesh have joints (I mean, other that the usual one)?

[I'm not sure of what I'm saying here] If not, then when you change the mesh
significantly you probably have to re-do the UV mapping again.

How did you fixed the blurry textures? Can the problem be related to the specular?
That texture is in charge of shining-ness if I'm not wrong.

EDIT: The technical sections of TS3 have low traffic/activity.
I'm not an expert of these things, just trying to be helpful.

Hey Arsil, yes, the mesh has joints and posing it was just like working with a child rig in milkshape (this is just an example). As you can see by the pictures, I did different "poses". And I edited the UV map when I converted it for the first time so I dont think that might be it because the problem only happenned with my second project, the first one turned out just great. Yes I thought about the specular, but again, I used the same file with both projects and only the second one went wrong.
The blurry textures happenned when I uploaded the texture files into TSRW and it asked me if I wanted to update the materials mask width and height cause "the texture had a smaller maskwidth and/or maskheight than the imported texture". The first time I said yes but the second time I refused it and that´s why it turned out blurry. But thanks for the options
Do you have more suggestions?

>>> JuBa_0oº <<<

Dr. Bumby:
"Everything has a season Alice. A flower blooms and fades away. Memories too, have a useful life."
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 19th Jan 2015 at 10:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by soundtracks
double-check that your specular is ok

if not try going to the mesh tab in TSRW, give one click on the "default material" box for your object group (Group 1 if you have a groundshadow, if not group 0), three dots should appear, click on them and a new window comes up, check out that your specular is 255-255-255 for the RGB values

btw, is your object cast-able? because if it only uses an overlay or stencil texture and no mask/multiplier/specular then the shine that TSRW is showing won't appear in game. sometimes in the TSRW preview objects turn to that white shine that your first object is showing, but it really doesn't appear like that in-game

Ok, I´ll try that, thanks. Hm I´m not sure what you mean by cast-able but I just tried these in game again (since I updated the one with the blurry texture) and they do look the same in terms of shining, so I guess you were right, TSRW was just tricking me thanks! Problem solved
Screenshots

>>> JuBa_0oº <<<

Dr. Bumby: