Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Icy Spicy
#26 Old 11th Aug 2016 at 1:21 PM Last edited by icemunmun : 11th Aug 2016 at 8:45 PM.
Me again after two months.....

For the custom buffs,can we define the following parameters?

Code:
<PolarityOverride>NoOverride</PolarityOverride>
  <SolveCommodity></SolveCommodity>
<IncreasedEffectiveness></IncreasedEffectiveness> 
<ReducedEffectiveness></ReducedEffectiveness>
 <CustomClassName></CustomClassName>

For example -

Code:
<IncreasedEffectiveness>AcceptingOfSocials, AcceptingOfRomance</IncreasedEffectiveness>

if I want my custom buff to increase likleyhood of accepting romance,social etc like 'socialstrawberry' buff

Code:
<CustomClassName>Sims3.Gameplay.ActorSystems.BuffStuffed, Sims3GameplaySystems</CustomClassName>
if I want my custom buff to have the same effect as the basegame 'stuffed' buff.
Advertisement
Inventor
Original Poster
#27 Old 11th Aug 2016 at 11:46 PM
technically, yes.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 21st May 2023 at 8:58 PM
I'm not sure if anyone is able to help but I've been trying to make autosoils for Cinderelllimods Cooking Overhaul but I can't get them to work. The ones I made for her Greek Recipes work fine but the cantaloupe, dragon fruit and zucchini in the cooking overhaul won't. Can anyone assist?
Inventor
#29 Old 15th Jun 2023 at 5:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nobodysgirl333
I'm not sure if anyone is able to help but I've been trying to make autosoils for Cinderelllimods Cooking Overhaul but I can't get them to work. The ones I made for her Greek Recipes work fine but the cantaloupe, dragon fruit and zucchini in the cooking overhaul won't. Can anyone assist?

I know you figured this out for my wheat mod! Would you care to share what you've learned so far on how to create autosoils?

Echo Weaver's Simblr: http://echoweaver.tumblr.com/
A portrait in stubbornness - Playing the same legacy since 2009
Sample a Brave Legacy: http://sims3sample.illation.net
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 16th Jun 2023 at 8:17 AM
Default Guide to making Autosoils
First you are going to need to download a copy of douglasveiga's Autosoil_test.package which you can find here.

Once you have that, the first step is to clone it. I followed this tutorial, which I find to be super easy and it creates STBL's so the autosoil can be translated if desired.

Now you have your new cloned package. The next thing you will need is the Ingredient Key from the Ingredient.xml from whichever mod you are making the autosoil for. I will use Echoweaver's Wheat as a demonstration, hopefully that's okay.

Open the cloned autosoil package and open the OBJD in Grid.

Replace the Instance Name (which should say Cheese currently) with the Ingredient Key name you copied.
Next open the Common Block section.

Here you can edit the Name and Description of the package. Press Commit when done.

Now, if you wish, you can also edit the STBLs. Personally, I only edit the English one. I decided here to follow the formatting of the other Autosoils in game. For the first line I enter "Auto Soil: Wheat" and the second line I put "EWWheat". But it's totally up to you how you name it. Save you package and change the name to whatever you want to call it. That's it.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 16th Jun 2023 at 8:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by echoweaver
I know you figured this out for my wheat mod! Would you care to share what you've learned so far on how to create autosoils?

I post a tutorial here for you, Echoweaver.
Page 2 of 2