Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th May 2016 at 11:59 PM
Looking for Help Making a Field Trip Mod, Please
Hello,

I have realized that if you have more than one school in a town, and the school age Sims in the same household go to different schools, only one of the sims will go on field trips. This can happen if, for example, you have teen sims, one of which is in a Nraas careers mod specialty school and the other goes to the public school. Or, it can be like my situation, where you have both an elementary school and a high school in your town, and in your household you have a teen who goes to the high school and a child who goes to the elementary school. In either situation, field trips only work properly for one of the schools. For the other school, your Sim may get invited on field trips, but on the day of the field trip, a chaperone never comes to take them and the bus never comes.

I am trying to fix this. I have downloaded .NET Reflector and Visual Studio Community and have done some digging, but I'm not sure what to do. I don't know anything about scipting modding and I'm just kind of jumping right in, trying to learn as I go. I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

My first step is to identify the problem. I have found this bit of code in .NET Reflector. The approximate path is Sims3GameplaySystems.dll > Sims3.Gameplay.Situations > FieldTripSituation:

I would like to know if the boxed bit may have something to do with it. Right now I would like to make a mod that has a class that points to that bit, and if it is true (if mRabbitHole.RabbitHoleProxy.LotCurrent = either null or LotManager.GetWorldLot), it gives me an in-game TNS.

This is literally all I have at this point:

Any help would be greatly appreciated!