Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#276 Old 2nd Apr 2017 at 12:07 AM Last edited by FuruFuruu : 2nd Apr 2017 at 12:22 AM.
Onward to the new thread, after this I swear!

@Nilxis
SLIDERS:
Quote: Originally posted by Nilxis
I'm so happy to hear that the modifications stay! Then I have absolutely no problem with sliders….

I love you man. Like really, I love you. Let’s hug.

CC QUANTITY:
Ok, I hear you, 15 items. I respect that. I am going to post my list in the new thread (I have a gigantic message I am going to subject those poor readers to in that new thread. All this because I talk too damn much. Just give me a second because it's going to take me a minute to bring it all together). Thank you for creating the new thread btw, you did a waaay better job than I ever could. Hold on though, you’re getting rid of the farming community Nilxis?! Why? I was totally looking forward to a ranching community with all sorts of cool horses!

ITF & EA STORE ITEMS:

Really Nilxis? You are not going to let me use these three items because they are ITF even if they are absolutely perfect, and I intended to make them base game compatible and for all ages? You wouldn’t even have to have ITF installed. Look at that male shirt you can't tell me that's not amazing, and look at those shorts! NO buttons, NO zippers! It's perfect. No? Like really??? Ok. You and me are going to be fighting in the streets lol.

Listen to me Nilxis, and I know that I’m coming off as annoying af at this point but you have to listen to me! You have to let me use three store items. No ITF, you’re killing me… fine, that’s a huge blow but these pants though?! Just look at them! LOOKIT! They are literally perfect for Uranesia. They are some of the closest things to cyberzombieprincess’ design that I have. And there are only two viable EA bottoms for A & YA males and only one for teens and elders. And look closely at some of the items Chihara000 listed, even they are store items! Please, please, listen to me ok? There are no CC pants like this, trust me I have looked. Please, please, PLEASE!

URANESIAN’S LOOK:
I love what you've done to the sims in your pictures! I really like the tattoos and the makeup, it looks very suitable for Uranesia

Thank you Nilxis. Your words really motivate me to do better.

My idea is: Uranesians don't have very colourful natural features (only the eyes): their skin is grey, and their natural hair can have a little bit of colour, but nothing too garish. However, their clothes, tattoos, makeup, and accessories are quite colorful in contrast. Do you like this concept? It's what you did with your sims basically, if they were more colorful it would probably be too fantasy for Uranesia, but right now they look great.

- Genetics and color -
I was afraid that I was using too much color as your sims facial markings are more in line with the skin, and I made the veins a very bright color, but I’m glad you didn’t think I was going overboard. I do actually really really love your concept! That’s partly why I was so excited to see your sims! Grey skin and colorful (within limits) eyes. I’m still curious though as to what hair colors you like besides the white? I like dark blue and possibly green. Are you ok with the hair colors I used?
- Clothing and color -
How sophisticated are the dyeing and weaving methods of the Uranesians? If you look at my original sims, I tried to use a pop of color on the outfit. I tried to make outfits practical with the setting and the people. Intricate weaving and dyeing would require a certain level of tool sophistication, time, and resources to make many different colors and patterns.
- Accessories and color -
As far as accessories I think we should be careful with color, but that’s just my opinion. I’ll post more about this in the other thread. Again how sophisticated are the dyeing methods of the Uranesians? What kind of beads and gems (ie resources) do they have access to? Those resources possibly being gems (multitude of colors), feathers (a multitude of colors), wooden beads (browns unless you’re thinking fantasy woods), pearls (varying colors), and bone (white). I think most of these besides gems would be more common resources on an island. I think exceptionally colorful accessories should be limited to certain Uranesians with wealth or access to such resources.

INSPIRATIONAL PICTURES:
…. From your inspiration pictures (thanks for posting them!), I like the 3rd and the 4th the most. I really like the spots and the shading on picture 4, and I like the blue veins too (I actually don't really like them on Guado's light skin, but they look good on a dark skin)

Inspirational picture #4 is literally my favorite, so I’m happy you like that one too! And I agree dark skin makes the veins look a lot better.

YOUR SKIN:
One moment I am going from screaming like a crazy person to wanting to bear hug you! THANK YOU! I can’t believe you just went and did that! Yes, absolutely, have to ask Ephemera for permission, but gosh thank you! It’s perfect! I am going to try to create a custom skin from that very skin using elements from kurasoberina and Navetsea’s skins. This included with the face veins inspiration picture #’s 5 and 6, and the chest marks and shading from inspirational picture #4. I am going to ask these creators permission as well as permission for any other skins I use. Have I said you’re amazing?! Well here’s another *throws another amazing at you*!

@Chihara000
Thank you for not holding inept-ness against me. I am so relieved that I haven’t completely effed things up to the nth degree.
Quote: Originally posted by Chihara000
I still think the zipper can ~somehow~ pass off as decoration. Maybe. Argh I don’t know.

I know, I want to help you! I really actually like that shirt. That zipper tho Chihara. Look at it, just staring at you, shining, glowing like a Twilight vampire. We really do need to start discussing CC. Did you see me begging and pleading to Nilxis above? He’s taking away all my toys. Can you join in on that… please? Help a sister out. Lol.
About the custom skin: I never made one from scratch, but I tweaked and recolored a custom one ages ago. You need S3PE and a photo editing tool (like photoshop or gimp) with a dds-plugin. Just edit the tone ramps.
If you want to “create” new skins you should take a look at the skininator. But I’ve no experience with this one so far.

Are you serious? *hugs* OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH! You gave me somewhere to start! At least I know what to download now. I’m on it!

Lighting, on that too!

@cyberzombieprincess
Quote: Originally posted by cyberzombieprincess
@cyberzombieprincess : Could you maybe post your sketches (the ones from tumblr and maybe new ones? ) in the new thread ? This would be really helpful!

I did a little ago! This is so fun, to see so many people engaged in this project! Now this world can keep going in this thread, and the sims can keep going over there!

YAAAAAAAAS! I literally screamed upon reading this, and I was at work looool!

How do you guys write such succinct messages?! I am so long-winded. Gosh.

@tizerist
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist
When I look at this hood, I cry a little inside for the people who switched over to Ts4. They will never even have a quarter of this goodness. Repent and come back to Ts3 for you are wasting valuable time when you could be building stuff in Ts3! Do it now!

Amen brother Amen! PREACH!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#277 Old 3rd Apr 2017 at 1:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuruFuruu
That zipper tho Chihara. Look at it, just staring at you, shining, glowing like a Twilight vampire.

haha I really laughed out loud just now. Yes you are right, but who says Uranesians can’t have twilight vampire shining deco thingies? That’s stylish okay?

Oh yeah the CC. We really should get started with this. Let’s just post pictures and links of suitable cc first and discuss what’s most useful (and the issue with the store items – I love the pants btw, I only have the grey one!). Maybe we can convince Nilxis later on
In the new thread of course!

I tried out the lightning mod. It looks amazing! The skin color appearing brown in the sun is still an issue though. Idiot me stupidly forgot to take inGame pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuruFuruu
Are you serious? *hugs* OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH! You gave me somewhere to start! At least I know what to download now. I’m on it!

No problem - I’m sure there are great tutorials on MTS, too. I’m not getting involved with this. So I’m leaving the skins to you (and maybe Nilxis). (Of course it’s no problem if you need feedback or advice)

Actually I have a new Idea for the world (not CAS related), but I’m not sure if this is even wanted or if I can pull it off.
What do you guys think about custom careers? I think the standard EA careers don’t really fit. I have a few ideas and I’m willing to try to create them.
Theorist
#278 Old 4th Apr 2017 at 12:34 PM
What do you guys think about custom careers? I think the standard EA careers don’t really fit. I have a few ideas and I’m willing to try to create them.
The standard EA careers would look really odd in this hood. Theres already a medievil careers replacement mod out there, I use it in my historical hoods and it should work well in Euranasia too.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Test Subject
#279 Old 4th Apr 2017 at 1:06 PM Last edited by Chihara000 : 4th Apr 2017 at 2:10 PM.
@tizerist: Are you talking about the Medieval Replacement Careers by Inga? I thought of this mod too! - I used it in the past.
Unfortunatly the link at simverse doesn't work anymore and I couldn't find it anywhere else. Could you maybe upload your version of this mod somewhere?

There are of course also already a few other medieval careers out there, like feyerin's careers (hunting, butchering, foraging, brewing) and NekoCat's Pirate career. (all of them aviable at MTS).
Field Researcher
#280 Old 4th Apr 2017 at 8:50 PM

I was curious about this as well, I'm not familiar with the medieval careers mod, and as long as I've played Ts3, I don't think I've played with custom careers. It would be ideal, but would it be too much?

@Nilxis What were your thought on careers?

RylandHomes - Dorian Lard
Theorist
#281 Old 4th Apr 2017 at 9:30 PM
Yeah I'll upload it when I get back home in 6 weeks, no problem

#BlairWitchPetition
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Test Subject
#282 Old 4th Apr 2017 at 10:11 PM
@RylandHomes - I think custom careers make a special world like Uranesia more real. I used them in Praaven before. It's just weird, if you play a medieval/fantasy world and your job opportunities are Hit Movie Composer or Dynamic DNA Profiler :D
And of course it's just an optional download for people who want to use it!

@tizerist - Thank you so much!!

But my offer still stands. If there are any carreers that are still "missing", I could give it a go. I thought about a priest/priestess career (there is one at MTS - but it's more a modern kind of priest, so not useful for Uranesia)
Field Researcher
#283 Old 5th Apr 2017 at 12:13 AM
But my offer still stands. If there are any carreers that are still "missing", I could give it a go. I thought about a priest/priestess career (there is one at MTS - but it's more a modern kind of priest, so not useful for Uranesia)

It would be a cool option for players. I could see some different careers being like, a Shaman, Faith Healers, Servants, High Counsel Members. I'd like to know how @Nilxis feels about it, and what careers he see's his Uranesians working.

Test Subject
#284 Old 5th Apr 2017 at 12:33 AM
@RylandHomes - I agree! These are realy cool career options
I also want to know how Nilxis feels about this!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#285 Old 9th Apr 2017 at 12:21 AM
I've answered everything related to creating sims in the other thread

About custom careers, I hadn't thought about it before, but I think it's a great idea!

Quote: Originally posted by RylandHomes
I could see some different careers being like, a Shaman, Faith Healers, Servants, High Counsel Members

I thought about a priest/priestess career (there is one at MTS - but it's more a modern kind of priest, so not useful for Uranesia)

Then I should create some custom careers for it I like the ones you mentioned, I would also add: Farmer, Merchant, Guard, Hunter, Dressmaker, Fisherman, Artisan, Artist, etc.

-----------

Time for a new update! After such a long time
I've finished the central and main part of the city (the Market area and the Acropolis), I've done some more work on the farming area (which is almost finished), and I've started expanding the city downwards to the valley that reaches the sea, at the bottom of which I'll build the port. This area will have few buildings, so we could say the city is almost finished After this, I will start creating the wilder parts of the island. Here's some pictures:

That's all for now, I hope you like it! Feedback is welcome

Find all my creations here:
My blog: Nilxis Designs // My Tumblr page: http://nilxis.tumblr.com
Scholar
#286 Old 9th Apr 2017 at 12:47 AM
Beautiful update! <3
Mad Poster
#287 Old 9th Apr 2017 at 1:29 AM
Could be very interesting if you retexture the vegetables and fruits to something more exotic!
Field Researcher
#288 Old 9th Apr 2017 at 3:59 AM
Beautiful! I love love love the water source concept, and I love even more so how well laid out the gardens are.
Since you're already planning on making custom small animals, some custom fruits and veggies would be fun too!

Test Subject
#289 Old 9th Apr 2017 at 6:58 PM Last edited by Chihara000 : 9th Apr 2017 at 7:13 PM.
OMG Nilxis. How did you even do this? I swear this isn't even the sims anymore!
The Acropolis and the farming areas with the canal system and all these flowers and plants! This is just stunning.
I also love the water concept! – are they trading the water on the other small island you mentioned before? And does it rain in Uranesia? Or is all the water really produced by the flowers?
Maybe you can add a bee-farm. I'm sure the Uranesians could be famous for ther honey too, with all those colofrul flowers

Other questions:
I noticed that every house in the city is quite nice. (at least from the outside), are you planning on adding some slums/ shacks outside the city walls for the outcast or criminals?

And how did you manage to create the canals and all the water this hiqh above the sea level? (I know the ones on the lots are pools/fountains).
I tried that in CAW with this horrible water planes but this looks totally different.
Are those custom water planes?
Sorry for all these questions.

About the careers: great ideas! I acutally did a merchant career a few years back. But it was only for myself and only in german. For the hunter career, there is already one out there by feyerin as well as other usable careers (foraging, gardening, butchering, judical, brewing) - I'm currently playtesting it but I think it suits Uranesia well. And hopefully we can use the medieval replacement carreer mod. It's not online anymore, but tizerist plans to upload it soon
And we can do the "missing" careers ourself. I'm sure we can find some more people who want to work on this.
Theorist
#290 Old 9th Apr 2017 at 8:42 PM
Huh! Wow, loving that update....
What do you plan on doing with the high area at the top of the farming zone?

#BlairWitchPetition
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#291 Old 15th Apr 2017 at 1:16 AM Last edited by Nilxis : 7th May 2017 at 11:37 PM.
@desiree101, thank you!

@jje1000 and @RylandHomes, good idea, I'll look into that

@Chihara000, interesting questions, thanks!
are they trading the water on the other small island you mentioned before?

Nope, there is absoelutely no contact between Uranesians and the people in the small island. But I did think about why the pirates reached Uranesia, and it could be because they were looking for water to take it to some land with severe drought... just an idea for now.

And does it rain in Uranesia? Or is all the water really produced by the flowers?

Yes it does rain in Uranesia! So far I've only shown the world in sunny weather because it makes everything look better One day I need to take some shots on a rainy day. The water in Uranesia comes mainly from underground springs, but also from the rain.
By the water being produced by the flowers do you refer to the "water of Uranesia" I was talking about? By "water of Uranesia" I refer to a mixture of water and native flowers from the island, which has medicinal properties and is drinked or applied to the skin in order to prevent and treat illnesses. And this is Uranesia's main export, considered miraculous in the rest of the world

I like the idea of bee-farms!

I noticed that every house in the city is quite nice. (at least from the outside), are you planning on adding some slums/ shacks outside the city walls for the outcast or criminals?

Well, the thing is that the city doesn't really have a lot of crime and poverty issues. It's been a rather small community since it was founded, and there has always been this feeling of being threatened. Because of that, the Uranesian society was always been very closed, almost everyone lives inside the walls and there is a huge sense of community and union against the danger. It's a highly organised society, everyone plays a key role and the government (the Royal Family) is very authoritarian and religious. There is not much freedom, that's the price they pay in order to survive united. The society is not egalitarian (there are differences of class and wealth, inherited from the past, before arriving to Uranesia), but extreme poverty doesn't exist. The poorest Uranesians are the farmers and the hunters, whose houses are quite simple but still not shacks. Because of all this there won't be any slums, poor shacks or criminals. There will be people oustide the walls though! But not right next to the city. It will be people who in some way have abandoned the society to live a more primitive life, more in contact with nature, each of them for different reasons.
I have to polish many details about how the society works, but more or less this is it.

And how did you manage to create the canals and all the water this hiqh above the sea level? (I know the ones on the lots are pools/fountains).
I tried that in CAW with this horrible water planes but this looks totally different.
Are those custom water planes?

Most of the canals are custom water planes created with zaide chris' tool, but the ones in the farming area and also most of the streams have been created with the river water objects from CAW (I've modified the texture a little bit to make them more transparent).

About the careers, I think it would be nice to create new ones or modify the existing ones in order to have custom scripts related to Uranesia

@Tizerist, There will be a small area with pastures and hunters' houses, and then a forest will start. The vegetation will change a little bit from that point upwards, becoming more temperate

Test Subject
#292 Old 19th Apr 2017 at 7:04 AM
Excellent choice of color palette on everything.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#293 Old 8th May 2017 at 12:02 AM
@paul_dion011089, thank you!

UPDATE TIME!

I can officially say that the city is 95-97% finished! During these days I've finished the farming area and the valley that extends down to the port. The only thing left is building three or four small houses of hunters and beekeepers. After that, I'll start building the wilder parts of Uranesia

Here are some pictures and info about the new update:

That's all for now, I hope I can post more updates soon Feedback is always welcome!

Instructor
#294 Old 8th May 2017 at 12:16 AM
Its just stunning! I can't think of anything else to describe it!

MKATSONP is a Sims 3 Medieval Comedy Drama on Youtube and Tumblr
Theorist
#295 Old 8th May 2017 at 4:36 AM
Woah, that new low area looks so peaceful and secluded. It's great mate!!

#BlairWitchPetition
Lab Assistant
#296 Old 8th May 2017 at 3:35 PM
I'm lost for words.... it's just amazing!
Lab Assistant
#297 Old 8th May 2017 at 9:00 PM
This world is like none other. It allows for a completely different gameplay experience. I agree with Batsheba, I'm at a loss for words. I bow to thee, oh master!
Lab Assistant
#298 Old 9th May 2017 at 10:00 PM
@paul_dion011089, thank you!

UPDATE TIME!

I can officially say that the city is 95-97% finished! During these days I've finished the farming area and the valley that extends down to the port. The only thing left is building three or four small houses of hunters and beekeepers. After that, I'll start building the wilder parts of Uranesia

Here are some pictures and info about the new update:

That's all for now, I hope I can post more updates soon Feedback is always welcome!

I'm really studying your pictures. Can't wait!! I love giving the "gatherer" trait to my sims and have them roam the world to see what they can find to collect and perhaps view some wild animals. Is the light green grass (pic 1) all out of bounds? Also pic #1, on the right half of the pic are those medium green mountain tops, are they all out of bounds too for the roaming sims? I guess the term is, is it routable? I love every inch of your work. Thank you again.
Test Subject
#299 Old 10th May 2017 at 4:00 PM
Nilxis. You did it again. I really don’t know how to comment on your updates anymore. It’s just amazing!
I was really curios how you would design the port. I love that concept!
The city really looks finished now. Can’t wait to see what comes next. Your updates always end in a cliffhanger ;D

About my previous questions:

So there is no contact/ trading whatsoever? I thought you wanted to let them offer their products and buy some stuff on that (smaller) remote trading-island, because they don’t trade with people on the Uranesia Island, right?
But that also means that the Uranesian are completely self-sufficient?

Then again you said that the water is the main export. So there is some trading going on after all?
I’m confused. I guess I misread something. Sorry
Edit: Forget that. I just read in your update post that they DO trade on the Island. At the port.

I would really like to see some rainy/stormy weather pictures
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#300 Old 10th May 2017 at 11:17 PM
Thanks to all of you for the nice comments, I'm very happy you like it

@Looseal, The light green grass is areas that I haven't created yet, which is still a huge part of the map. The mountain tops in that picture will all be unroutable, Im afraid, because there's nothing there. However, not all the elevated areas in the world will be like this, there will be (and there are already) plenty of places with great views that are accessible to sims

@Chihara, Oh damn, you're right! I completely forgot what I said about the trading-island and the deal about not following Uranesian ships back Ok, so the port is mainly used by the one Uranesian big ship (it will be a houseboat) that goes to that island to trade. Perhaps in some exceptional ocasion a foreign ship has docked in the port, but in any case that would be an exception. Now, that makes more sense with what I said, thanks for pointing it out

Page 12 of 22