Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#51 Old 1st Jul 2008 at 5:16 PM
For a pack that's made from a furniture store, it seems to me like they should have had more furniture. I like most of what there is, but I just don't think there's enough for my $20. I won't be getting it myself, but it'd be a welcome gift

Thanks Hp for posting pics, I was just hoping for some when I saw this thread.

waiter, there's a conundrum in my soup
The Adom Legacy
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#52 Old 1st Jul 2008 at 5:26 PM
I'd like to think EA does a better job when working with the pressure from sponsors like H&M and IKEA (yay for Swedish world dominance, btw) in terms of churning out quality items. If you look at the glamour and celebration type stuff packs they're pretty fug. Or maybe they've just gotten better at meshing...

Either way, IKEA SP rules.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#53 Old 1st Jul 2008 at 5:34 PM
Well, it does give them something realistic to look at and work toward. A lot of the H&M stuff I think is pretty fug in textures, but, then, if you look at fashions nowadays it's like the 70's exploded after binge drinking, so it's not terribly unrealistic... I do like a lot of the shapes and the stuff that's a bit more quirky 80's is cute. At least with the Ikea stuff, it's things that people would have in their real homes - and many people actually do.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#54 Old 6th Jul 2008 at 1:47 PM
#55 Old 17th Jul 2008 at 1:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PETCHY14
May I ask, Any hair or outfits with this pack?

*BTW, It already coming in the post *

Nope. No bodyshop items xp
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 19th Jul 2008 at 11:23 PM
Just got this SP today... going to check it out, and maybe make some cool new houses with the new stuff. Thanks for the pictures BTW so I know everything in there!
#57 Old 24th Jul 2008 at 7:57 PM
Hey, the Benno CD tower... are there just 3 versions to pick from in regards to the cds on them, or do you fill them somehow with cds, or how does that work?

(I haven't installed this pack yet because were worried about the file conflict warnings)
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#58 Old 24th Jul 2008 at 8:09 PM
crunkette - The Benno has three versions - left, right, and center. My pic shows all three together placed on a single tile so they look like a single unit but they're actually separate tall skinny shelves which look like a larger shelf when placed on the same tile. They're always full of CDs but each version (left, right, or center) has the CDs in a different spot... so you could use the snapobjectstogrid + moveobjects cheats to switch it up a bit.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
#59 Old 24th Jul 2008 at 8:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
crunkette - The Benno has three versions - left, right, and center. My pic shows all three together placed on a single tile so they look like a single unit but they're actually separate tall skinny shelves which look like a larger shelf when placed on the same tile. They're always full of CDs but each version (left, right, or center) has the CDs in a different spot... so you could use the snapobjectstogrid + moveobjects cheats to switch it up a bit.

Ahhh, so the way the cds look depends on where you put it in the tile then?

I must admit this is one of the pieces I was most excited about in the pack because I actually own a real life version of the shelf and love it (I really should get another next time I'm in a city with an Ikea!)
Instructor
#60 Old 16th Nov 2008 at 11:32 PM
I like it they have my actuall real life drawer
Test Subject
#61 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 7:00 PM
thank you, i'm going to buy the sp
Scholar
#62 Old 2nd Feb 2009 at 11:57 PM
Wow! That stuff is so far out of my taste range that I wouldn't give you 20 bucks for the real furniture. Yikes, that is some fugly stuff. Thanks for posting the pics, you've saved me a few bucks.
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 4th Feb 2009 at 6:14 AM
It's a pretty bleh stuff pack. The problem is that your Sims typically have enough money to buy whatever they want, and IKEA stuff is designed to be affordable by us real life types. Nice polished wood just does *not* look the same on the computer monitor!

Which houses in the lots bin are furnished with IKEA stuff? Are there any custom houses with IKEA stuff? I found one Maxis house with IKEA furniture. It has a flat roof and white exterior walls. The dining room is too far from the kitchen, and my Sims kept leaving to class from the BACK door. Not surprisingly, they moved out.
Test Subject
#64 Old 1st Mar 2009 at 11:22 PM
I love the pack, but then I'm an IKEA junkie anyway. I just wish it had included more furniture, too! There's really not a lot in the pack, and I wish they had included more recolors of the stuff that was included. There are a lot more Ektorp patterns, and while I have downloaded user-made recolors, it just seems silly to not put them in there in the first place.
Page 3 of 3