Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Mar 2007 at 5:44 AM
Default Celebration Stuff Pack released Down Under!
I brought it from K-Mart this morning. $29.95

I haven't had a chance to play it, because I'm currently at school. I'll post screenshots at around 8 tonight (about 5 hours), cause I gotta work. If anybody else has it, post some screenshots!

My cellmate's a killer, they make me do push-ups in drag.
Advertisement
#2 Old 29th Mar 2007 at 9:25 AM
OMG,lucky you!
Hope it installs/runs well for you
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Mar 2007 at 11:40 AM
Same here callum lol, I'm gonna try it now :D

EDIT: OK, the inside of the case contains a book for Celebration, and a flier thingy. One side has a promo for Life Stories (Pets, coming winter '07...dunno if that's my time or Nothern Hemisphere time...and Castaway summer '08)

So, unfortunately, nothing on a new EP

#4 Old 29th Mar 2007 at 3:17 PM
Aw nooo,thanks anyway. could you scan it or take a photo please ^-^' ?
my guess would be that would be your summer 07 and castaway would be winter 08
god its gona take them that long to make cast away? it better be good!
Instructor
#5 Old 29th Mar 2007 at 3:44 PM
Rats!! *grumble* Oh, well. At least we get to see un-doctored screenshots (because you know maxis does it ) Hope you can get them up soon! :D
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 29th Mar 2007 at 3:50 PM
Yeah, I got mine at Harvey Norman today, and noticed it in EB Games too!

Shock awe and surprise!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 29th Mar 2007 at 10:20 PM
OK, just been through some of the stuff. The new hairstyles are quite nice...for a wedding. The wedding dresses aren't too bad, but if you're looking for a traditional white wedding, the dresses have a bit of a greyish tinge to them...the bridesmaid dresses are alright too...there are some cute dresses though for the little ones!
The males basically have more suits to choose from, but thats about it for them...haven't checked out the objects just yet, but from the booklet they seem to be nice!

Theorist
#8 Old 29th Mar 2007 at 10:27 PM
Wow, I wished Canada would get surprise early release dates! Good to hear that there's more male formal wear, that was the best thing about Glamour IMO.

Looks like Maxis is going to do the same clowning around they did with the announcement of Pets.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 30th Mar 2007 at 6:30 AM
I come bearing screenshots:
*The red dress in shot 4 is my creation - not included, and the skintones and eyes are mine.

*Images deleted by me from imageshack.
#10 Old 30th Mar 2007 at 8:25 AM
Oooh thanks calalily
That blue kids dress looks a bit saturated,lol!
that small round table looks good,and so does the flower in the fishbowl ^-^
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 30th Mar 2007 at 8:34 AM
*jaw drops* Australia got something... early?!
Now I have to decide whether I want it or not, lol.
Some of the stuff looks really nice.

My name is Loren.
#12 Old 30th Mar 2007 at 11:02 AM
Thanks for the pix. Is that dress in the last pic in the stuff pack?
Instructor
#13 Old 30th Mar 2007 at 5:24 PM
It looks too maxis-y to be cc, and it's not in any other pack, so I'd say yes. I'm getting this as soon as it's out!! lol I can't wait! *sits on edge of seat*
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 31st Mar 2007 at 6:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Xianah
Thanks for the pix. Is that dress in the last pic in the stuff pack?

Yes it is. It's in about 6 colours.
Test Subject
#15 Old 2nd Apr 2007 at 4:15 PM
Oh I forgot it was coming this early! I cannot wait to go buy it when it gets here!
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 3rd Apr 2007 at 10:58 AM
Did anyone else have trouble after installing? ALL my sims' names changed...
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 3rd Apr 2007 at 11:06 AM
Yes, this is because it is the UK version. There is something about it on the BBS - just look under Celebrations stuff.
#18 Old 3rd Apr 2007 at 11:19 AM
Default Hey everyone,I've got problem
When I click on the icon of celebration stuff, it shows error massage:"you are running the wrong version of the sims 2. please run the Sims 2 seasons instead."
What is that mean??
I want to play celebration stuff immediately! :Puppy:
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 3rd Apr 2007 at 11:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by calalily
Yes, this is because it is the UK version. There is something about it on the BBS - just look under Celebrations stuff.

Thank you! I never would have looked there otherwise!
Instructor
#20 Old 3rd Apr 2007 at 4:22 PM
Eek! Not a week out and already Celebrations has more problems than Seasons!! *oig* I may wait to get it now... :err:
#21 Old 3rd Apr 2007 at 4:39 PM
You Australians have everything. Hmph. The Celebration stuff pack and Craig Nicholls. Lucky things. Me wanttts! :P
Forum Resident
#22 Old 5th Apr 2007 at 3:52 AM
i got it this morning at kmart im yet to install it
Test Subject
#23 Old 5th Apr 2007 at 9:37 PM
Looks at shiny dresses.....purrrty.....grrr...I WANT THIS PACK! And I was so happy when I thought I had all of them.....*curses at self for using all of money* Well, I'll just have to wait until easter.
Top Secret Researcher
#24 Old 5th Apr 2007 at 10:34 PM
Looking at the pics again i think these are the most kitsch stuff Maxis ever made.Yuck! And now i may admit again that i'll buy but not install it... in fact i wont even unwrap it this time LOL

You will find my older and newest creations here
Test Subject
#25 Old 14th Apr 2007 at 5:16 AM
guess what! I installed it! *play happy music* BUT if you have pets (like I do) there is a problem...or was a problem when I installed it, it kept aborting because I needed to uninstall pets, then install celeb. and then pets, but I lost the paper to pets. So now I have to buy a new Pets (with my easter money) but I dont have enough time! so right now, my sims have cool weddings but no pets....*sniffles* I miss my mr.snifflepuss.....
Page 1 of 2