Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jul 2007 at 9:27 AM
Default Teen Style Stuff
Hi

At VideoEta, there is listed Sims 2 Teen Style Stuff.
I would expect that to get removed soon.

Linky= http://videoeta.com/week_games.html?when=16 Incase anyone is interested =)
Advertisement
#2 Old 20th Jul 2007 at 10:48 AM
oh thats awesome!! great find callum! hmmm..sounds pretty interesting, but its weird cos thats two stuff packs with their main theme about fashion in a row!
Field Researcher
#3 Old 20th Jul 2007 at 4:26 PM
Why couldn't maxis be working on more expansion packs rather than stuff packs? It's kinda irritating.

Still, good find Callum. :D
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 20th Jul 2007 at 5:30 PM
I think it will be cool. I'm hoping for some more diverse teen styles. But the stuff packs are getting kind of dull.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 21st Jul 2007 at 3:39 PM
Well, I mean Maxis have made 6 expansion packs (including bon voyage) and now 6 or 7 stuff packs (including teen style stuff). Does this not seem a bit excessive to anyone else? :meh: It's not that I don't like the stuff packs, because I think the stuff is great but as soon as I hear about a new one i just think: "Why?" and the only answer I can think of is "Money". :shrug:
#6 Old 23rd Jul 2007 at 8:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lunarsea
Why couldn't maxis be working on more expansion packs rather than stuff packs? It's kinda irritating.

Still, good find Callum. :D

There are different teams of people who work on the expansions and stuff packs. As I understand it there's either two teams doing two different projects rather than one extra large team on one project. And yes it is money. As naive as some people are, Maxis/EA Games produce Sims Products to make money, with their second priority being to please the fans. The Stuff Packs are for people without internet access, or who do not wish to download objects for The Sims 2 off the internet (and I know some of these, they think things will break there game, or they have dial up internet).

To be perfectly honest I couldn't care less about the company's motivations for producing The Sims products, as long as they are produced I am happy. If you don't like the stuff packs, don't get them. I don't see why people complain about them all the time, and I have heard the comment that they should be working on the expansion, but, as I said earlier, there are two different teams. And, most likely due to costs, one large team simply isn't going to work, the expansion aren't going to suddenly sell 200% better because a small minority of fans know that there is now one large team. it is far more affordable to make money on separate projects.

There I've had my rant, and it's done me good too. lol
#7 Old 23rd Jul 2007 at 9:25 AM
That Teen Style Stuff sounds like one of the Stuff Pack ideas that was on that survey awhile ago. I think it said it would be teen decor, like stuff teens would have in their bedrooms. I like object Stuff Packs a lot more than I do clothes packs.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 23rd Jul 2007 at 9:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ShortyBoo
like stuff teens would have in their bedrooms.

OOH even 6ft posters of hot guys for the girls? *coughJohnnyDeppcough* :D
Even though SimsArtThat has that poster. I died laughing at the funny pictures thread the way he put it lol.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 23rd Jul 2007 at 4:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by higgins534
There are different teams of people who work on the expansions and stuff packs. As I understand it there's either two teams doing two different projects rather than one extra large team on one project.

For the record I was unaware as to how many teams maxis has working on sims projects at anyone time. If you have heard this kind of thing before then it's probably safe to assume that I was not the only person who didn't know.

Quote:
And yes it is money. As naive as some people are, Maxis/EA Games produce Sims Products to make money, with their second priority being to please the fans.

Of course maxis make money. They're a company, that's what companies do. I never said I didn't know that and I never said the fans didn't like them. I was just expressing an opinion on the subject.

Quote:
If you don't like the stuff packs, don't get them. I don't see why people complain about them all the time, and I have heard the comment that they should be working on the expansion, but, as I said earlier, there are two different teams. And, most likely due to costs, one large team simply isn't going to work, the expansion aren't going to suddenly sell 200% better because a small minority of fans know that there is now one large team. it is far more affordable to make money on separate projects.

Had you read my second post, you would have seen that I said that I like the stuff packs and I think that the stuff they supply is great, I just think that maxis is going a bit overkill with the stuff packs. If you don't agree with my opinion then that's fine.

Do you think it's possible that you read far to much into one simple statement? :shrug: I would think that there are many people out there who are far more worthy of your anger than I.
Instructor
#10 Old 23rd Jul 2007 at 4:48 PM
I like the sound of this one. I expect that it will be like family fun where it will have both clothes and objects, but will be geared towards teens instead of kids. Which I am interested in cause there isn't a whole lot to decorate teens rooms with in the game besides the few rock and alien posters.

Dream
Test Subject
#11 Old 24th Jul 2007 at 1:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by danishani2
OOH even 6ft posters of hot guys for the girls? *coughJohnnyDeppcough* :D
Even though SimsArtThat has that poster. I died laughing at the funny pictures thread the way he put it lol.

*coughJohnnyDeppcough*.. sounds good to me, but I am no teen..
Field Researcher
#12 Old 29th Jul 2007 at 3:57 AM
Yeah, style doesn't just mean fashion... it can be literally anything - furniture, clothes, hair, electronics, books, school stuff, etc, etc, etc. I am so excited! It seems like we have furniture styles for elders, adults, and kids. Teens have been left out of the mix, so some hip new items will be most welcome in my game!

And, on the off-topic discussion about Maxis and Stuff Packs... my two cents is that I love them and will continue to purchase whatever they make for TS2. I hope they make one or two more EP's and several more stuff packs before they release TS3. But, this thread really isn't the place for this type of discussion.
#13 Old 29th Jul 2007 at 4:24 AM
Teens need more stuff, there isn't enough in the game. I'm happy about this one and am looking forward to it, the teen stuff I have I found by going on different sites. The teens need some attention and I for one am happy they're getting it finally.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 14th Aug 2007 at 11:48 PM
If this is true, then I predict this SP to be one of the highest selling ones since it seems as if most people are excited about it already. Personally, I would love to have this SP and even though I have all of them, this one just seems really cool. I hope we do get to have new hairstyles, there are lots of clothes for teens in the games but very few hairstyles. Notice how Maxis usually gives the new hairstyles to the adults and elders and not to the younger ages? I mean, there are just some hairstyles that even children can have in real life yet only adults/elders get them. Maxis needs to do a complete hair conversion for all ages PLUS new hairstyles (yes I know they exist as downloads but would be better if they shipped in an SP or EP).
Theorist
#15 Old 15th Aug 2007 at 7:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by frankie
If this is true, then I predict this SP to be one of the highest selling ones since it seems as if most people are excited about it already.

Aren't a major portion of sims players teenagers? So then it probably will sell a lot more than the previous stuff packs.

I am definitely looking forward to this since I play as teens just as often as adults. I'm curious to see what will be in this. I do like stuff packs because previous ones have added things that I desperately needed more of in my game such as FFS adding more things for kids and GLS adding more male formal wear.
#16 Old 18th Aug 2007 at 12:02 AM
"Now your teen Sims can have a pack just for them withThe Sims™2 Teen Style Stuff! Give them some attitude and spice up their personal spaces with new bedroom décor themes including “Goth,” “Thrashers,” and “Socialite” for furniture, computers, telephones, and other items they can use to express their unique style. Choose from many new outfits and hairstyles that let your teens express themselves the way only teenagers can!"
Mad Poster
#17 Old 18th Aug 2007 at 12:45 AM
Default Textual.
I just read that, wow, I am so psyched about the "goth" scene being added, it was about time and let's hope it is realistic and not a wannabe style. What would thrasher be like and socialite? Wow, and new phones and computers!!! Those are items that usually never get updated other than the phone in PETS. They should also include new bookcases and a TV to complete the entertainment portion. I also hope the basketball hoop from TS1 can make its return in this pack since many teens love to play basketball. Oh, I can't wait! This is definitely bound to be the best-selling stuff pack yet!
#18 Old 18th Aug 2007 at 4:15 AM
Thrasher is probably a Skating/Punk theme while Socialite is probably a posh expensive theme (of course suited around teenagers). It looks good, hey?
Instructor
#19 Old 18th Aug 2007 at 7:33 AM
Ooo! That sounds even better than I imagined it being! X) I love the sound of those themes and new electronics! W00t!
Field Researcher
#20 Old 20th Aug 2007 at 3:11 PM
Socialite will be pink, and I hope there's a Princess phone!
Inventor
#21 Old 20th Aug 2007 at 10:56 PM
Pfffft... Player made content > Stuff Pack.
Cheaper too...

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
Theorist
#22 Old 23rd Aug 2007 at 8:25 PM
Now there's three screenshots of Teen Style Stuff here:
http://www.thesims2.co.za/content/view/579/1/

I love the beached theme one!
Field Researcher
#23 Old 23rd Aug 2007 at 8:47 PM
Oo I love the furniture in the gothic themed one. But like I have said before many times: I have never buyed any stuff packs and this will be no exception.
Test Subject
#24 Old 23rd Aug 2007 at 10:44 PM
I like it, but the clothes on the floor looks really weird.
Forum Resident
#25 Old 23rd Aug 2007 at 10:46 PM
The photos have vanished from the Sims 2 South Africa site but are now up on the official main site.
Page 1 of 5