Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
#76 Old 18th Jul 2013 at 2:28 AM
My first games were packed on a nameless console that I got a hundred years ago. There was Pong and Space Invaders and Pac Man and a boxing game (still the only one I have ever played) and some racing games and quite a few others. The quality was poor though, even at the time, so it was rather a disappointment. I never had or wanted another console.

My first PC game was a platform jumper; I forgot the title but I seem to remember that it was made by Eidos. At about the same time a friend gave me Civilization but I hated the way it looked and almost threw it away. Later on I got tired of jumpers and decided to give Civ one more chance ... and that was it.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#77 Old 31st Oct 2013 at 7:52 PM
I don't even know what the first console game I ever played was since I've been playing them from the time I was a little more than a toddler. I can tell you that the system was an Atari 2600. My dad had something like a hundred or so games for the thing, but I guess the most likely culprit for my gaming addiction is either Frogger, Pac Man or Pong (my big brother would kick my butt with glee!). I still own an Atari plug-n-play.

My first pc game was The 7th Guest on my cousin's computer. That game is legendary in our conversation even 15 years later.

My simming habit is complicated to trace. I was 14 when I first played the Sim City original on a school computer. I fell in love in probably the first ten minutes. When I was 17, I rented The Sims 1 for my brother's PS...1 or 2?... I played the game the whole weekend, and renewed the rental.

AKA. Anora Acadian
Field Researcher
#78 Old 9th Nov 2013 at 1:11 PM
I believe it was this thing (arcade game from around 1978):

Alchemist
#79 Old 26th Dec 2013 at 4:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Esmeralda
Yes, same here! I guess us oldies must be having a 'great minds think alike' moment.

Another Pong guy here too.
Test Subject
#80 Old 2nd Jan 2014 at 8:39 PM
The first game that I can remember playing was Streets of Rage on Sega. Its still one of my favorite games
Scholar
#81 Old 3rd Jan 2014 at 6:02 AM
Oh.. That's a hard one! I'm only 21 so I didn't played the old consoles much, but my first game... Was probably Sonic. That's the older game I remember playing anyways. Then probably Harvest Moon and Tomb Raider. My first game for PC was Sim City 3000, I think.
#82 Old 29th Mar 2014 at 2:55 AM
Mortal Kombat in the old days of PS1 console.

I moved my downloads to Simblr thebleedingwoodland
My newer quality downloads on my blog The Bleeding Woodland
Lab Assistant
#83 Old 29th Mar 2014 at 11:01 PM
I honestly can't remember.

My best guess would either be my brother's Pokémon Blue version or The Sims 1. I'm not sure because I was probably younger than six when I started playing them. I remember playing Pokémon on my Game Boy when I was in kindergarten and TS1 came out when I was 4. So yeah, young me doesn't have the best memory.

I think it's funny how I still play both of those series and I consider them to be my favorite games. One does not simply grow out those kinds of game, okay?

Edit: I just remembered something! My first Maxis/Sim game was SimTunes, which came out before TS1. That's probably my first. Such nice memories.. :p
Test Subject
#84 Old 30th Mar 2014 at 11:44 AM
My first arcade game was "Frogger", my first console game was "Sonic, the Hedgehog", my first Maxis game was "The Sims".
Test Subject
#85 Old 30th Mar 2014 at 8:36 PM Last edited by sugarbeet : 30th Mar 2014 at 8:46 PM.
I love the breadth of answers in this thread, everything from Pong consoles to Playstation.

My very first game was probably Pac-man. The bar in my old hometown had a tabletop Pac-man console, and after my traditional cherry Coke the bartender would give me and his little boy some quarters so we could go play while he and my Dad talked about whatever it was they talked about after the rugrats were out of earshot.

My first game at home is a little harder to remember. We got an IBM when I was four that came with a Software of the Month Club membership, and we had funky shareware games out the wazoo, some bargain-bin Broderbund games like Animal Quest (I only played as a grizzly bear and a killer whale; I ain't about that prey animal life) and Hugo's House of Horrors, along with some Sierra adventure games that were fascinating but way too hard for me. I remember playing a lot of Sierra Hoyle Card Games, too, where you could play cards against characters from other Sierra games, which was a strange concept. Play poker with King Graham, Roger Wilco, and Leisure Suit Larry? Why not, I guess?

Man, now I really want to track down some of these to see if they hold up to my memories of them.

Page 4 of 4