Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 12:43 AM
Default Cold fall, warm winter.
I don't have this game yet, but I wanted to know if it's possible like in real life to have a fall where it snows a lot toward the end and then a winter where it rains more than it snows because it's so warm.
Thanks
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 1:04 AM
I have the game, I would say yes, cause there is times where its fall and I had it snow a little, not enough to really cover anything, but a little falling snow
#3 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 7:01 AM
The small amount of time i was able to experiment before freezing (mmm dying hard drive..) It was Hailing in summer.. So.. XD
#4 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 7:34 AM
I think that's possible, yes. I'm having a very cold Spring now.. I can tell by that themometer (sp? My English sucks today, lol) thingy when they go outside - they're nearly freezing AND they're wearing their outerwear! I've also had a very warm Autumn.
Instructor
#5 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 8:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nekochanpurr
The small amount of time i was able to experiment before freezing (mmm dying hard drive..) It was Hailing in summer.. So.. XD

According to the guide, it hails only in summer (in the game of course)...which I thought strange :einstein
#6 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 8:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by inkbottleblue
According to the guide, it hails only in summer (in the game of course)...which I thought strange :einstein
It hails in Summer (in real life) In Sydney the other day it did.

So are all Seasons effects random?
Instructor
#7 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 8:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by melanie
It hails in Summer (in real life) In Sydney the other day it did.

ah, well there you go- shows what I know

Quote:
So are all Seasons effects random?

according to the guide, yes. But certain effects depend on a particular season (snow in winter, etc).
#8 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 8:52 AM
Cold fall, warm winter.
Sounds like britain...
...Except here we call it Autumn
Inventor
#9 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 2:09 PM
I had a mild Spring, with only two brief rain showers, a "sucky" summer with a thunderstorm that lasted nearly 2 days and a hail fall the last day of summer.
Autum was nice, not a lot of rain, plenty of time for gardening. Then winter came along, the temperature dropped almost instant, it snowed nearly every day, but it wouldn't stick until the 3th day. From that day on I had a nice pack of snow on the florr until the first day of spring hen it slowly melted.

I'm looking forward to the next season, hope the summer is getting somewhat hotter

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
Original Poster
#10 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 6:23 PM
Oh so it can snow in the fall and spring. Now will it ever rain in the winter or are all their winters cold?
Field Researcher
#11 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 6:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by inkbottleblue

That isn't possible! It hails in Spring in my game!
Alchemist
#12 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 6:25 PM
The fear description of See Hail also says it's most likely to hail during winter...however when I saw it, it was summer.

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
Instructor
#13 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 7:31 PM
I've only played through each of the seasons once so far, but my winter only snowed twice, and it never snowed enough for me to get any cool interactions like making snow angels or throwing snowballs. Just made the ground white-ISH. :/

waiter, there's a conundrum in my soup
The Adom Legacy
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 9:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PunkyBreester
I've only played through each of the seasons once so far, but my winter only snowed twice, and it never snowed enough for me to get any cool interactions like making snow angels or throwing snowballs. Just made the ground white-ISH. :/

during my winter it would snow everyday, and it snowed a lot twice XP. the third time it snowed a lot the snow melted only two seconds after it fell. It was interesting at first, but after a while I was kind of like "okay, I get it, it snows during the winter D:" I dont like the way the snow looks when sims walk through it though, it looks more like yeast rising a loaf of bread than foot steps. It also snowed on my second day of spring. since I've been playing 2 families these are the only seasons I've gone through.
#15 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 9:28 PM
I Havent had strange weather yet exept for a light shower. but ive only been playing for a day.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 9:40 PM
When I played through the first time, there was a light snow fall during Spring. The pond stayed frozen for almost the entire Springtime! (ugh.)