Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 2:06 AM
Anyone Have a Fishing List?
Does anyone have a list of what you can catch when fishing? Is there anything other than fish and the boot? Like in Sims 1 where you could get necklaces, rings, unicorn/nutcracker statues and treasure chests?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 2:28 AM
I've made my sims fish alot one of them has like 100 of each fish but they've only caught fish and boots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 2:32 AM
Yeah, me too. I've caught bunches of the jumbo fish, too. But I can't help but think that there must be something MORE, you know?
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#4 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 3:22 AM
Golden Trout. It's my Moby Dick. Hundreds of fish and no golden trout. I am using the correct lure too.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
#5 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 3:27 AM
i can't fish because i'm not willing to give up my insim yet...
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 7:23 AM
So far, my sims have only caught a small bass and a large bass and a boot >.> Unless you have a higher talent bagde for fishing (Yes, there is a talent badge for fishing), the only bait you can use is worms... not sure what the other baits are yet; haven't had my sims fish for very long : \

Here and back and then again... rinse, lather, repeat...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 5:48 PM
Other baits are Riverblossom minnow (bronze) Stink Ball Bait (silver) and Sparkle Spinner (gold). Which lure do you have to use for the golden trout?
#8 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 5:54 PM
The guide says that there is no special lure to get the golden trout and that the odds of catching it increases if your sim has a gold badge although even with a gold badge it's still the least frequently caught fish
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 6:05 PM
I've had my male sim with a Gold Talent badge set all 4 seasons to spring, used boolProp to make his moods go up, and he's been fishing endlessly for 2 weeks with the Sparkle Spinner. And still go Golden Trout.
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 6:07 PM
Jazzy1, what does the guide say about what fish can be caught?

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
Alchemist
#11 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 6:12 PM
Perhaps a silly question but...what exactly are the benefits of catching a golden trout? bragging rights? since I assume sims can't eat it (unless I'm reading it the wrong way and it's not made out of gold? )

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 6:16 PM
As far as I can tell, the fish you can catch are:
Boot Size 11 - not really a fish, but probably the first thing you will catch.
Blue Catfish
Large Mouth Bass
Rainbow Trout
Jumbo Blue Catfish
Jumbo Large Mouth Bass
Jumbo Rainbow Trout

And the elusive Golden Trout - which I have yet to catch. I don't know if it has two sizes or not.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 6:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghanima Atreides
Perhaps a silly question but...what exactly are the benefits of catching a golden trout? bragging rights? since I assume sims can't eat it (unless I'm reading it the wrong way and it's not made out of gold? )

Yes you can! It's a fish breed
Alchemist
#14 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 6:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mokado
Yes you can! It's a fish breed

Ahh d'oh! I thought this extremely rare fish was some sort of golden relic...I watch/read too much sci fi and fantasy Anyway, thanks for clearing that up.

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 6:27 PM
Cause my sim has a want of catching the golden trout and I want it to change soon. And do you know an easier way to get your sim to become a Plant Sim, than just spraying bugs and hoping to get plant-ified?
#16 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 6:37 PM
*swiftsign fishes for many a year*

*swiftsign's line is yanked*

*swiftsign reels in the GOLDEN FISH*

*swiftsign's mom cooks the fish and they all eat it*

seems ponitless no? :P
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#17 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 7:48 PM
Hunger satisfaction is higher for the bigger fish. And the sale value is greater too!
Largemouth Bass = § 33
Golden Trout = § 518

Largemouth bass with squash = Hunger satisfaction 67
Golden Trout = 132

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Scholar
#18 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 8:22 PM
The golden trout comes in only one size, and there is only a 3% chance of catching it, even with a gold talent badge.
#19 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 9:20 PM
I caught heaps of golde trout in Autumn and you just make stuffed golden trout out of it and for some reason it sparkles on the plate
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 9:42 PM
All the foods fixed with fish sparkle. And so do some other foods if you have produce that you cought in your fridge.
Test Subject
#21 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 9:53 PM
How do you sell fish?
I don't have OFB if it's related to that.
Field Researcher
#22 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 11:01 PM
Put in on the ground and delete in buy mode :D

Sparkle Spinner is for Golden Trout and it took me ages to get one, but then they just kept coming. Put one on the wall, the penguin came, kept trying to get it down, flapping in front of it. I laughed my head off. Gave it a smaller fish in the end, felt sorry for the thing.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 11:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ashen
Put in on the ground and delete in buy mode :D

Sparkle Spinner is for Golden Trout and it took me ages to get one, but then they just kept coming. Put one on the wall, the penguin came, kept trying to get it down, flapping in front of it. I laughed my head off. Gave it a smaller fish in the end, felt sorry for the thing.

You can feed fish to the penguin??? How cute is that?
Field Researcher
#24 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 11:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FrootLoop
You can feed fish to the penguin??? How cute is that?

Oh yes, just leave it on the ground, the lil'guy will hug it and gobble it down. Then he sort of went a bit hyper, then left. Really cute! :D

But the flapping in front of the fish on the wall? You have got to try that. :laugh:
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 11:30 PM
So can you mount any fish on the wall or just the Golden Trout? It may take me a while to get the Golden one so maybe I'll try it with a regular fish :D
Page 1 of 2