Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
View Poll Results: So, how old are YOU?
Middle/High School (12 - 17 years old)
30 63.83%
Young Adult/College (18 - 24 years old)
12 25.53%
Adult (25 + years old)
5 10.64%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th May 2010 at 2:29 AM Last edited by ForeverCamp : 27th May 2010 at 5:03 PM.
Default What's the age demographic of MTS Gleeks?
So my aunt has apparently been so bewildered about how her college-age daughter loves Glee, when "it's so obviously a high school show". My mother apparently promptly said, "Yeah, duh. It's big with university kids."

So of course, then my friend and I are discussing said question the other day, and we decided that it's probably big with the university crowd because A - we're out of high school, so it's not exactly what we're living IRL, and B - we haven't been out of high school for so long that high school life has totally changed (and thus Glee loses its effectiveness...)

Answer the poll! Feed my overly-curious mind! What exactly IS the age demographic of the MTS Gleeks?

EDIT: Wah-hat? I can't vote in my own poll? Okay, any way, I'm 22, and in my fourth year of university (four down, two to go... eventually, it'll end).

EDIT 2: Okay, my voting capability came back!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 24th May 2010 at 6:06 PM
(I just graduated highschool yesterday but I've been 18 for almost a year now so I went with the young adult/college.)

I think it's just an entertaining show personally. Yeah some of the writing is a bit unrealistic and dramatic and emotional but that's what makes watching it fun. Obviously I didn't have much trouble identifying with characters since I was still a senior when the show started but I don't think you necessarily have to be the same age as a character to identify with them either. I will say that Rachel's craziness does occasionally get on my nerves but there are a lot of adults like that too, lol.
Inventor
#3 Old 24th May 2010 at 6:56 PM
I'm a massive glee fan and I'm 15 years old.

Darkness thrives in the void,
but always yields to purifying light.

My Tumblr
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 27th May 2010 at 5:02 PM
@ Becca: Okay, so it's more like two degrees over six years - I'm going into education, and most Canadian universities make you complete a first degree and then go back for your B.Ed. I'm completing a Bachelor of Arts in French this year, which took four years, and then I enter the Faculty of Education in September, and it's another two years for my Bachelor of Education.
Alchemist
#5 Old 27th May 2010 at 5:10 PM
i am 19 and i am in my 3rd year of college and i love glee

Whatever people consider to be normal, it never is.
My Simblr
My Youtube
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 21st Jun 2010 at 2:11 AM
I think most TV shows aim for that age bracket - it's the Holy Grail of ratings. I can believe it, though.
Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 21st Jun 2010 at 7:48 PM
I think the American Pie franchise killed any "coolness" factor being a band/choir student had.

"And this one time, at band camp..."

It wasn't so bad at my high school, but that might've been because we were too small to support any kind of major sports team (I'm pretty sure there was a boys' hockey team, but that tends to be the Canadian equivalent to football in the States. Everybody has a hockey team.) - the music program was literally the only option for 'extracurriculars' unless you wanted to take more academics. EVERYBODY was in choir - the real geeks were the ones who were in band as well, AND in the jazz program, AND in the chamber program, AND in other music areas outside of school (guilty as charged on the choral end - I quit band because I hated the lack of stimulating parts for French Horn in middle school. Having been already at Grade... 3 or 4, I think, in the Royal Conservatory of Music training for piano, the parts for band drove me crazy - seriously, I mean, five pages which can be summed in pauses, punctuated by 3 whole notes - two of which were the SAME note? Where's the LEARNING in that?) In high school I was in the regular choir, the jazz choir, the chamber choir and I studied piano until graduation. I did end up being the choir's practice accompanist for a couple of years.
Scholar
Original Poster
#8 Old 23rd Jun 2010 at 1:34 AM
Don't worry, I haven't seen American Pie either. I find the entire idea idiotic - the extremely crude comedy movies tend to get dismissed by me almost immediately. There are certain actors whose movies I just don't watch. I think the basic idea of American Pie is that there's a bunch of teenagers discussing kinky bedroom ideas and a pie love-affair.