Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Alchemist
#26 Old 3rd Jan 2017 at 1:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Me being cranky is proof that I shouldn't be posting at all while fighting a migraine as I was doing last night and instead should be paying more attention to the substance in your avatar (one of my favorites, by the way). Sorry 'bout that.

No, no, I fully understand how saying the same thing over and over again can get on the nerves big way. I do hope you feel better. (I'm a total coffee addict, as well, by the way. As bad as Jethro Gibbs in NCIS, my friends say. )
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#27 Old 3rd Jan 2017 at 7:53 PM
Sorry for being a pain. As varpunen said, it ends up as a bunch of word salad when everyone phrases their questions and answers differently, so I couldn't be sure what I was reading applied to my situation. I won't bother you further.
Top Secret Researcher
#28 Old 3rd Jan 2017 at 7:58 PM
Hope your migraine is better, Igazor.
Scholar
#29 Old 3rd Jan 2017 at 10:05 PM
hm you're right - it becomes kinda "salad" - not our fault, just stairs are wrong. Origins. I mean.

Igazor put the link already I' just quote the sentences:

Quote:
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Patch+1.69
There are, however, three ways to install or 'revert back' to Patch 1.67:

Uninstall everything and reinstall the Base Game from a disc produced before September 2012. Then reinstall all EP's and SP's from discs only. Origin must not be involved in the installation at all because as soon as it is or a Base Game disc produced after September 2012 is used, the game will be forced to update to Patch 1.69 again.

comment: Launcher should be locked in firewall also the game. Just for cause (and performance).

Uninstall everything and switch to Steam installs. For most people, this would mean repurchasing the Base Game and all EP's and SP's under Steam.

comment: you tread an elephant for the camel, but that camel bites a bit less. For now.

Play the Mac version of the game. Unfortunately, that option is not viable for many players and brings other, non-patch related restrictions into play, namely the 2GB memory limit.

no comment, that's a kind of masochists solution...

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Mad Poster
#30 Old 4th Jan 2017 at 5:31 AM
Now I feel bad for inflicting my misery on everyone else. But thanks for the concern, migraine is gone, there will be another one around the corner I'm sure. I just don't usually find myself barking at nice people trying to make sense out of year old threads that admittedly do seem to contradict themselves the first time they are read through while in that state, not sure what I was really trying to accomplish back there.

@ElaineNualla - Your comments on our 1.69 page are funny. I would have to agree that switching to Mac solely to avoid 1.69 and for no other reason is not a terribly well thought out plan. We include that on the list for completeness and to bring a feeling of relief to players already on the Mac version, so they know that they have nothing more to worry about than they already had.

But, for better or worse, those are currently the three ways to do an install or a re-install and stay on 1.67. I was poised to do the Steam repurchase and switchover thing last summer, during one of their deep sales, when I was coming from 1.67 but had an EP to install and no discs. I hate discs more than I hate digital overlords (or rather they hate me, every optical drive I ever come in contact with stops working very soon thereafter, it's a hidden skill I picked up somewhere). But I've found 1.69 to be just barely not annoying enough to deploy the camel vs. elephant .backup plan. Others' experiences obviously will vary.
Scholar
#31 Old 5th Jan 2017 at 3:08 AM

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Alchemist
#32 Old 8th Jan 2017 at 5:19 PM
Okay, I have one more question and I hope it's not stupid one... or it could be, I guess, so, sorry in advance. I'm planning on getting all the EP's ans SP's - the ones I only have digital versions off - as a disk version. I was just wondering that if I buy them from the net and they're in a different language but the region code stays the same, does the the game still be in Finnish language when I'm playing? I tried googling but the answers varied a lot and were quite vague. So, again, sorry if this is a really dumb question.
Test Subject
#33 Old 9th Jun 2017 at 1:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ralviee
Use the 1.67 superpatch . That's how I got rid of 1.69 after installing Into the Future and Island Paradise, which Origin wouldn't let me install without. You can download it once and just keep it tucked away as well, just in case the update sneaks past you again. c:

Thank you! Thank you!! Thank you!!!

I HATE 1.69 and it updated on me in the background the other day :c) I could seriously hug you right now!!!
dodgy builder
#34 Old 9th Jun 2017 at 1:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by varpunen
Okay, I have one more question and I hope it's not stupid one... or it could be, I guess, so, sorry in advance. I'm planning on getting all the EP's ans SP's - the ones I only have digital versions off - as a disk version. I was just wondering that if I buy them from the net and they're in a different language but the region code stays the same, does the the game still be in Finnish language when I'm playing? I tried googling but the answers varied a lot and were quite vague. So, again, sorry if this is a really dumb question.

If you install Origin after, it asks what language you want your game in. I freaked out when the question came though, and almost pulled the power, so I can't say how it works.
Page 2 of 2