Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jun 2017 at 2:29 PM
Default Organizing buy mode better?
Hi everyone

Lots of people will inderstand the feeling of going in the misc decor category with a slight feeling of dread.
I tried to solve it by creating categories, but some of my categories are just not discriminative enough.
My categories are: community, garden, small potted plants, big potted plants, large clutter, clutter, personal clutter, kitchen, food, bathroom, personal care, wall decorations, clothing, small statues, study, towels&pillows and furniture.
I was just wondering if some people might come up with other ideas for categories, because all the clutter categories and wall deco are still kind of big.
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 11th Jun 2017 at 2:53 PM
Are you editing each object to change the categories or are you talking about making Collections?

I'm at the point where it takes forever to scroll through my collections! And I still have more to make. As far as what to call the categories, I just plan to use whatever purpose I will mainly use the objects for, much like you have done. I break down community objects further into specific lot types though.

As for the wall decor, you could break that down into types of art (pop, classic, modern), or type of object (painting, poster, wall decor).

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Jun 2017 at 3:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tangie0906
Are you editing each object to change the categories or are you talking about making Collections?

I'm at the point where it takes forever to scroll through my collections! And I still have more to make. As far as what to call the categories, I just plan to use whatever purpose I will mainly use the objects for, much like you have done. I break down community objects further into specific lot types though.

As for the wall decor, you could break that down into types of art (pop, classic, modern), or type of object (painting, poster, wall decor).

Yes, I meant collections (silly me). I like your ideas for the community lot type and wall decor type
Theorist
#4 Old 12th Jun 2017 at 1:59 AM
Well, I'm not sure if it's exactly what you are looking for, but check my mod in my signature. It may help (somewhat).

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?