Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#101 Old 4th Apr 2017 at 8:34 AM
Advertisement
Test Subject
#102 Old 17th Jan 2018 at 9:19 PM
Très pratique toutes ces informations, ce site est un des meilleurs pour moi merci
Mad Poster
#103 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 11:19 PM
I see the download view has undergone some changes today. How am I supposed to thank a creator now if I don't wan't to also make a comment? There is no button for that in the new design.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#104 Old 22nd Feb 2018 at 12:36 AM
Forum Resident
#105 Old 22nd Feb 2018 at 9:29 AM
I can't see a way to favorite something anymore, and I've looked on all tabs. Has that option been removed?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#106 Old 22nd Feb 2018 at 9:41 AM
Look across to the right, it's in the Infobox.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#107 Old 22nd Feb 2018 at 10:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Look across to the right, it's in the Infobox.

Ah, I see it now! It's not very obvious, especially if you're used to seeing it near the "Thanks" option.

Now that I see that box, I'm glad that it shows if you've downloaded the item or not. That's useful.
Instructor
#108 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 4:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
The thanks button has moved to the files tab, and you can still click thanks without commenting.

Oh, thank you! I couldn't find it anywhere. I thought it had been removed.

This is such weird timing. The Nexus site that I use for my Skyrim mods just did an overhaul on the 12th. I feel so discombobulated with all the changes (and the obvious smart-phone centric design, BLEH). At least MTS still looks nice--and I can read it without getting a headache. :lovestruc

A fool and his money are soon parted. ~ Thomas Tusser
Mad Poster
#109 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 10:45 PM
I hope T considers making this new layout optional, like the site update. It makes the interface of uploads so so busy and eye-assaulting, and viewing pictures is much more obnoxious this way. I don't want the different sizes, makes it harder to focus, pulling your eyes towards the bigger ones. If I'm browsing I want to decide which pictures I'd like to see bigger. Don't understand the addition of a button to view the surplus pictures either, much less convenient than the scroll bar. And the descriptions now feel squashed or something, would rather see the side-information above or below it. Over all just feels really jumbled and makes me not want to look at uploads at all. Click on something, remember there's a new interface, go "UGH!" and decide that nah don't need that upload after all and close it down. I'm sure some people love it, but this curmudgeon would very much like the old one back

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
#110 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 4:49 AM
I'm not entirely happy with the new layout myself, either. It's rather cluttered and has far too much white space for my liking. I'd appreciate it becoming optional.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#111 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 5:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
Over all just feels really jumbled and makes me not want to look at uploads at all. Click on something, remember there's a new interface, go "UGH!" and decide that nah don't need that upload after all and close it down...would very much like the old one back

Exactly how I feel.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#112 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 5:12 AM
I'm mostly just really annoyed about where the "thanks" button is. Everything else I think I could live with, but having to click an extra time to go to a completely different tab just to find it is really very annoying.
Mad Poster
#113 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 5:16 AM
At least you found it! I still have no idea where it went.

Top Secret Researcher
#114 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 5:28 AM
I'm really not liking the new downloads layout. I didn't think a change was needed. I've had to look a long time to find the favourite and thanks buttons. I don't like the large box with "(number) more" to show more pics or that some are "greyed out" (particularly on mobile). It's not easy on the eye. Bring back the old layout or make it optional?
Top Secret Researcher
#115 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 5:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
I'm mostly just really annoyed about where the "thanks" button is. Everything else I think I could live with, but having to click an extra time to go to a completely different tab just to find it is really very annoying.

I usually thank a creator after downloading so the place of the thanksbutton sounds logical. I am clicking it way more often then before so I like it.
Also I really like the 'open thumbnail gallery'. I'm mostly on my phone and it makes it much easier to view the pictures.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Inventor
#116 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 5:44 AM
I posted my comments about the new layout in another thread, but I'll copy it over here:

Quote: Originally posted by Sketching
I prefer the old layout mainly because it's easier to grasp all the basic information at the glance. We tend to read from top to bottom, so having the Information tab on the side and below the preview pictures makes it less efficient from a reader's POV.

The preview pictures seem to be much bigger as well but don't reach all the way to the right side of the screen (maybe it's just my monitor though), so it creates a strange empty space above the Info box, and the pictures are of different sizes, making it a bit harder on the eyes than it was when they were smaller pictures behind a scroll bar section.

Please don't kill me...

I'd also like the new layout to be optional.
Field Researcher
#117 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 6:10 AM
The new layout is horrible. I want the old one back.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#118 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 6:29 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
At least you found it! I still have no idea where it went.

You go to the file area where you will be going to download anyway and 'say Thanks' in green is right below the file you would be clicking.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#119 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 7:55 PM
I don't care for the frosted look of the preview photo or for having to hunt for the 'Thanks' button.
Mad Poster
#120 Old 27th Feb 2018 at 7:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
You go to the file area where you will be going to download anyway and 'say Thanks' in green is right below the file you would be clicking.

With custom foods and anything else I want to try out in a test hood before knowing if I'm going to keep, it makes it just that much harder to come back and find the thanks button so I can click it. Also, when looking at something and trying to determine if I've ever had it in my game, the already clicked thanks button was a nice way to see that, but now I have to click all over creation to find it. And also, on my own uploads, if I want to see who's pushed "thanks," I have to go hunting for the button for that rather than it being right next to the favorite button so I could easily check both one right after the other. And speaking of, I'm probably far less likely to favorite anything with this layout because it's not sitting right next to the thanks button anymore.
Mad Poster
#121 Old 27th Feb 2018 at 11:16 PM
...Also, when looking at something and trying to determine if I've ever had it in my game, the already clicked thanks button was a nice way to see that, but now I have to click all over creation to find it...

The info box tells you now if you have downloaded something or not.

Mad Poster
#122 Old 27th Feb 2018 at 11:27 PM
Nothing happen for me when I click the info button. Are we suppose to click it?
Though I can see if I have downloaded it or not, but that has nothing to do with this infobox.

Mad Poster
#123 Old 28th Feb 2018 at 6:34 PM
You do not need to click it.
Here I've underlined the info >

Mad Poster
#124 Old 28th Feb 2018 at 7:22 PM
lol, yes! I saw that. I thought the *box* was just the little blue thing. This is why i said this had nothing to do with the infobox. It is written underneath it.

Mad Poster
#125 Old 28th Feb 2018 at 8:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
The info box tells you now if you have downloaded something or not.

I had not seen that before seeing your post, so thank you for pointing that out! However, it does not seem to work 100% of the time. There are some older items I know I've downloaded and had in my game some years ago that actually show I've thanked them but do not show that "Downloaded" with the check mark.
Page 5 of 6