Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th May 2017 at 10:32 PM
Default How to "Pre-Haunt" a lot.
So I want to make a Sim family that lives in a haunted house. The Ghosts aren't part of the active family, they just show up once in a while to give the active family a spook. I have a few theories on how to do this, but I'm not sure which will work.

Theory 1: First populate the lot with the intended ghosts. Have the ghosts return to the netherworld, then move in the family I want to play.

Theory 2: Place the ghosts headstones on a lot. Revert lot to Community, then back to Residential.

Theory 3: Download a mod which allows for NPC ghosts to inhabit a lot.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 31st May 2017 at 9:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
But if I am assuming correctly. You simply want a regular people family living there while having ghosts show up every now and then?

That is exactly what I'm trying to do. It's part of my working story that this family got the lot for cheap due to it being "Stigmatized property" as the real estate saying goes.
Site Helper
#5 Old 31st May 2017 at 10:39 PM
If you have Supernatural, go into buydebug and drop a few Magical Gnomes of the Darned onto the lot, and they summon ghosts.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Theorist
#6 Old 1st Jun 2017 at 4:13 AM
Are you going to add Ambitions ghosts too? Or just the base ones?

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#7 Old 1st Jun 2017 at 11:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
If you have Supernatural, go into buydebug and drop a few Magical Gnomes of the Darned onto the lot, and they summon ghosts.
But only if there are ghosts somewhere in the world. If you play in a world with no dead Sims the gnome will do nothing.
The gnome will summon the ghosts of dead Sims that are buried somewhere in the world, like the graveyard, and that have their gravestones placed somewhere (it won't summon ghosts of dead Sims whose stones are stored in the mausoleum - or at least I think that it won't, because so far I haven't seen it do so).

The easiest way I found to make a haunted lot is to create a family in CAS with all the ghosts-to-be plus one Sim who is going to have their graves in his/inventory later. I place this family in the house I want to become haunted and kill all the Sims with MasterController's Force Kill, fetch their graves from the mausoleum with the one Sim who is still alive, place the graves, move the living Sim out and then save the lot to the bin. The graves will remain on the lot and the lot can be placed in any world you wish.
I usually do this in a separate save, in case something goes wrong then at least it won't mess up my main game.