Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Jun 2017 at 6:17 AM
Default MTS Sims 1/2/3/4 Board Posters - no lying. So What Gender Are You?
So, Here is the Poll, Visit:
http://www.strawpoll.me/13093567

You Can Click on Multiple Answers.
Advertisement
#2 Old 2nd Jun 2017 at 7:38 AM
What about agender?
Alchemist
#3 Old 2nd Jun 2017 at 10:41 AM
I'd like to point out the fact that you can vote as male for TS3 and female for TS2

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Mad Poster
#4 Old 2nd Jun 2017 at 11:22 AM
I'm not male. I'm A MAN. Do you guys even fucking lift?

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 2nd Jun 2017 at 12:53 PM
I just selected all the boxes. That counts, right?
Instructor
#6 Old 2nd Jun 2017 at 1:05 PM
Why is this relevant??

I need a cigarette
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 2nd Jun 2017 at 5:36 PM
Why would you even care?
Scholar
#9 Old 2nd Jun 2017 at 6:41 PM
I think at my age and condition in life my gender is only relevant in political discourse.
Alchemist
#10 Old 2nd Jun 2017 at 7:30 PM
Can I also plug my poll then: The file organization habits of Simmers!

If it's against the rules I'll delete it. I do think these polls are fun and not really meant as more than casual questions

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 2nd Jun 2017 at 8:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
If it's against the rules I'll delete it. I do think these polls are fun and not really meant as more than casual questions

I don't think it's against the rules do misgender people but still...

I don't see Apache Attack Helicopter anywhere, why are you oppressing me?
Alchemist
#12 Old 2nd Jun 2017 at 9:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Anarchy Blues
I don't think it's against the rules do misgender people but still...

To be fair, the majority of people* is either male or female, "agender" probably slipped OP's mind and wasn't omitted maliciously.

*Aside from GrijzePillion, who is A MAN.

Lab Assistant
#13 Old 2nd Jun 2017 at 9:12 PM

TIL people organize their files. I never even thought of creating subfolders for CC or renaming anything!
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 2nd Jun 2017 at 10:09 PM

I was sure I had less than a gig of custom content. You made me look.

Great Scott!! 8.4 gigabytes!
Alchemist
#15 Old 2nd Jun 2017 at 10:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nocriel
TIL people organize their files. I never even thought of creating subfolders for CC or renaming anything!

Oh, some people are absolutely anal about it and will NOT tolerate deviations from their specific order. I should know, I'm one of them!

Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
I was sure I had less than a gig of custom content. You made me look.

Great Scott!! 8.4 gigabytes!

They really do have a habit of sneaking up on you, don't they? I'm SO guilty of hoarding hair!

Field Researcher
#16 Old 2nd Jun 2017 at 11:16 PM
Oh, some people are absolutely anal about it and will NOT tolerate deviations from their specific order. I should know, I'm one of them!

Another one here. My computer can't tolerate a lot of CC, so I have to keep it organized and get rid of stuff that I don't use to make room for the good stuff.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#17 Old 3rd Jun 2017 at 1:35 PM
*Aside from GrijzePillion, who is A MAN.

Damn right.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Site Helper
#18 Old 3rd Jun 2017 at 1:54 PM
My mods folder is 1.26 gig
DCCache is 853 Meg

My Saves folder is 9.3 gig.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Site Helper
#19 Old 5th Jun 2017 at 3:40 AM
The only USB slot in use is the one my mouse is plugged into.
(I also only have WA, AMB, LN, Gen, and SUP, plus one stuff pack. If I had all the EPs I would need more mods to fix EA weirdness. But I do expect that I will probably add another half a gig with poster sets if I keep playing with that lovely poster tool that Douglasviega made.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#20 Old 5th Jun 2017 at 2:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by newlibertysims
But do you have a USB stick or a USB slot?

Not sure what that has to do with anything, but I have 15 USB ports in total. I'm currently using 6 of them.

insert signature here
Mad Poster
#21 Old 5th Jun 2017 at 2:41 PM
And now that we're polling our plugs or plugging our polls or whatever:
ModTheSims player survey, June 2017
It's identical to a poll I put out last year, which got about 1200 responses, so good luck to you OSX users out there who bought both TS4 expansions.

insert signature here
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 5th Jun 2017 at 3:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
And now that we're polling our plugs or plugging our polls or whatever:
ModTheSims player survey, June 2017
It's identical to a poll I put out last year, which got about 1200 responses, so good luck to you OSX users out there who bought both TS4 expansions.

You might want to start a new thread for this one, I almost didn't see it because I didn't expect to see anything other than silly jokes in this thread anymore!

Two suggestions about the survey:
My computer was custom-built by my brother and gifted to me, so I have no idea how much he spent on it! I just picked a rough estimate but I suggest making the question skippable, I'm sure there are many people who have no idea how much theirs cost.
The toilet paper question isn't skippable either and there's only 2 options, which is bad for people like me who don't have a toilet paper holder (gasp!) and just put it on the shelf vertically (or people who use wet wipes).
Mad Poster
#23 Old 5th Jun 2017 at 4:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nocriel
You might want to start a new thread for this one, I almost didn't see it because I didn't expect to see anything other than silly jokes in this thread anymore!
Two suggestions about the survey:
My computer was custom-built by my brother and gifted to me, so I have no idea how much he spent on it! I just picked a rough estimate but I suggest making the question skippable, I'm sure there are many people who have no idea how much theirs cost.
The toilet paper question isn't skippable either and there's only 2 options, which is bad for people like me who don't have a toilet paper holder (gasp!) and just put it on the shelf vertically (or people who use wet wipes).

Thanks for the advice! I'll get right on it.

insert signature here
Mad Poster
#24 Old 5th Jun 2017 at 4:23 PM
I did it, so where do we see the results? The player survey. Also there was an option to redo whole worlds for 2 and none for 3. I included making worlds and not just redoing all the lots. I did worlds in 2 and 3. Am ticked off we cannot do them in 4.

There also needs to be an option for Sims 3 runs well. It has always run well for me on my laptop and PC. We have not all had performance issues with 3.
Mad Poster
#25 Old 5th Jun 2017 at 4:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
I did it, so where do we see the results? The player survey. Also there was an option to redo whole worlds for 2 and none for 3. I included making worlds and not just redoing all the lots. I did worlds in 2 and 3. Am ticked off we cannot do them in 4.
There also needs to be an option for Sims 3 runs well. It has always run well for me on my laptop and PC. We have not all had performance issues with 3.

You can see the results after you've completed the survey. And I think you can look at them again if you open the page after closing it.
As for the world-building thing, I picked a specific feature for each game. TS1 has it's soundtrack, TS2 has the built-in neighborhood editor, TS3 has Create-a-Style and TS4 has the upgraded Create-a-Sim.

insert signature here
Page 1 of 2