Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers needed for a "Swinger's Bed" global hack (updated)

by LizzLove Posted 16th May 2005 at 11:35 PM - Updated 11th Nov 2008 at 5:46 AM by Christy1077

315 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 305 Feedback Posts, 9 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 13
Test Subject
#51 Old 19th May 2005 at 2:11 AM
Field Researcher
#52 Old 19th May 2005 at 2:38 AM
LadyMacca---it's not a bed, it's a game hack, meaning that it'll change your sims' behaviors for all your beds. It's not a specific object.
Scholar
#53 Old 19th May 2005 at 3:04 AM
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Unless you take out the aging (and reduce the challenge;at least, for me), then getting a romance sims all the woo-hoo they needed to achieve goals was tough! BTW.....,Thank YOU!!!
Test Subject
#54 Old 19th May 2005 at 11:08 AM
I have installed this 3 times, and cant find it anywhere, maybe cause my game is about overloaded with mods and all other great goddies
Test Subject
#55 Old 19th May 2005 at 11:10 AM
Cool I just read what I shold have read in the 1st place. not enough coffee in my viens yet. Thank you for this.
Field Researcher
#56 Old 19th May 2005 at 12:00 PM
Thank you^! made a request for something liek this some time ago, and this is exactly what I've been looking for. Romance sims are going to be much easier and more realistic to play now
#57 Old 19th May 2005 at 12:34 PM
A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!!!
I have a small doubt. Can they 'try for baby' even at the
male sim's house?
#58 Old 19th May 2005 at 12:36 PM
................For all of u who cant find the bed.......
Just select any bed u want, there u'll find different
colours or patterns to choose(dont u?), u 'll find
it there!!
#59 Old 19th May 2005 at 1:13 PM
Ok, I've had no problems with this hack, and here's the other hacks I have installed...

Inteenimator (Most recent Version)
Alien Pregnancy hack
Sexpies hack
(Waaaay Too much custom Content)
Uncensor hack (No exe)

SO, no problems, even with teen/adult woohoo...

Disco Stu
Test Subject
#60 Old 19th May 2005 at 3:49 PM
there is one problem in this hack. you can woo yoo with your family members and have kids with them.not tring to freak anyone out just let you know.
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 19th May 2005 at 4:34 PM
Cool Hack! Just curious, woohoo tends to be a huge relationship boost, will two sims who kinda like each other (as friends) who use it instantly fall in love with each other? (Don't want that... Who ever heard of falling in love with a one night stand. Especially on the male side...)
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#62 Old 19th May 2005 at 6:02 PM
Ok I have now tested the one with the babies thrown in, and it works great thank you very much. I desperately needed it because somehow I had interbred my families so much that the next generation were all related! I badly needed my gay guy to give someone a baby just to make a sim that would be eligible for marriage in the future!
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 19th May 2005 at 8:55 PM
Put it in my game and tried it out... oh boy am I going to have some fun with this!!!!
#64 Old 19th May 2005 at 9:52 PM
Having trouble downloading....my WinZIP box comes up empty. I have downloaded other files today with no problems. HELP...I want this one!!! Any suggestions?
Test Subject
#65 Old 19th May 2005 at 11:43 PM
OMG i luv it!!! great job!!!!!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#66 Old 20th May 2005 at 12:22 AM
First I want to thank everyone for all the wonderful feedback. It is so very much appreciated.

Now to answer a few questions.

Quote: Originally posted by angello
A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!!!
I have a small doubt. Can they 'try for baby' even at the
male sim's house?

I think so, I did a LOT of tests. I am sure that I had the male of the household impregnate females from other houses. I did not let the pregnacy run to term though.

Quote: Originally posted by Homebody
Having trouble downloading....my WinZIP box comes up empty. I have downloaded other files today with no problems. HELP...I want this one!!! Any suggestions?

Hmm, the download server was going up and down for a while. If you still cannot download it, send me a private message with your email, and I will send you both of them.

Quote: Originally posted by Trissle
Cool Hack! Just curious, woohoo tends to be a huge relationship boost, will two sims who kinda like each other (as friends) who use it instantly fall in love with each other? (Don't want that... Who ever heard of falling in love with a one night stand. Especially on the male side...)

Nope, They do gain relationship quickly, but for example two sims that just meet, hop into bed and do the cuddle, kiss, makeout, woohoo combo end up at about 25/12 at the end. BUT, you can just cuddle, kiss, makeout, kiss, makeout... for a while and really boost the relationship. Kinda nice actually, more like real life way to get a quick boost without using a supercheat where you just make two people fall in love with one click. Nothing like a long makeout session to boost the relationship, specially if the other person is a good kisser. hehe

Quote: Originally posted by limehead303
there is one problem in this hack. you can woo yoo with your family members and have kids with them.not tring to freak anyone out just let you know.

Limehead was this the latest version? the 01A or the pregnacy version? If so please tell me. There was a bit of code in the first version that could have caused that, but I pulled it out. But if the 01A version still does it I have to go code digging tonite.

See I had a bunch of code I was working on for an incest hack, (don't ask it was a request hehe). Somehow one of those bhavs got added into this bed hack. I was working on them at the same time, and I guess I just added it to the wrong one. Anyway it should have been fixed, but let me know. I will test this somemore on my own tonite.

-----------------------------
I added a little note to the main post, as I guess the global hack part was not clear enough. My fault, I tend to forget others are not code nuts like myself. hehe...

Just to make things clear...
This is a global hack, it changes the behaviour of ALL of your beds. They will not look any different, but the "relax" menu options are now different. If you relax with a stranger you will get the same menu options as if you were in love with that person. It should work with even cloned beds as long as they did not include the "bed globals" in the clone (most do not).

Love,
LizzLove
Lab Assistant
#67 Old 20th May 2005 at 3:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by limehead303

Sweet. The more perverse, the better in my opinion, MUAHAHA!

I was wondering, LizLove...can you make the behaviors for the hottubs like this as well?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#68 Old 20th May 2005 at 5:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zimuahaha
Sweet. The more perverse, the better in my opinion, MUAHAHA!

I was wondering, LizLove...can you make the behaviors for the hottubs like this as well?

In a word... Yes.... I had already thought of this, but wanted to wait until this one had a lot of testing. But it will take a while. Doing this took quite a bit of work, the second one will be a bit easier, but not by much. I will work on the same thing for the hottub as soon as I get a chance.

About the fact that the actions now include family members. I had not tried that in my testing (did not occur to me, but that is why these things need beta testers other than the creators, hehe), but it does seem to be that way. It makes sense in a strange way. Not to get too technical, but Maxis prevents all the "wrong" socials between parent and child, sisters, etc, by preventing them from falling in love. Since they cannot fall in love all those actions are prevented, since you have to be in Crush/Love for the menu to appear. By circumventing the requirement for love, I opened the door to the other actions. I may be able to fix this, but honestly, doing so just might break a lot of other things. I will look at it over the next few days.

LizzLove
Test Subject
#69 Old 20th May 2005 at 6:11 AM
Giggles, ohh okay, thanks, haha I feel like a nimrod now.. hah
Test Subject
#70 Old 20th May 2005 at 12:42 PM
I haven't been so excited about a hack since the "pay bills at the mailbox" one! I know, I know... lame. But it's the small things, right?

What I love about this site is how all these hacks come together to really change (improve) the game. This hack with the InTeenimator, throw in a few custom careers and new outfits-- really cool. Everytime I think I've finally burnt myself out with this game someone like you comes along and adds a whole new spin!

I'm going to install it right now. Based on the feedback you've received, I have no doubt that it's going to totally rock out. Thank you!

jmk
Test Subject
#71 Old 20th May 2005 at 12:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LizzLove
Limehead was this the latest version? the 01A or the pregnacy version? If so please tell me. There was a bit of code in the first version that could have caused that, but I pulled it out. But if the 01A version still does it I have to go code digging tonite.
its just the swinger bed hack.i havent download any other hack yet.maybe its messing up with the EP???
Scholar
#72 Old 20th May 2005 at 1:16 PM
Yes, this makes everything much more realistic! Thanxxx
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 20th May 2005 at 6:41 PM
I tried it, but it crashed my game. I know it did, because after I took out of my downloads folder, it worked fine. I'm not sure if it conflicts in the Inteenimator and the InSIMenator, if so, then that may be my problem.
Lab Assistant
#74 Old 20th May 2005 at 7:17 PM
can we change it so that we can get more than two people in the same bed? that way it is a REAL swingers bed? I really like this hack, but this would be like adding the cherry to the sunday
Test Subject
#75 Old 20th May 2005 at 7:20 PM
LizzLove,Thank you so much!!!!!!! I have The EP and lots of romance sims this hack is a god send.
Page 3 of 13