Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Mar 2005 at 6:47 AM
**Confused** how do i create a dorm ? **Confused**
**Confused** plz help me
i can't figure out how to create a custom dorm
call me stupid if u want
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 15th Mar 2005 at 8:42 AM
Well, so I'm stupid too !!!
You're not alone lol
Test Subject
#3 Old 15th Mar 2005 at 9:17 AM
Well, first you have to put in one of the Maxis-made dorms into your University. Maxis doesn't allow you to make custom dorms without a cheat, so if your not comfortable with that then don't read on.
Go into the premade dorm and press control+shift+c to bring up the cheat box. Type in:
Boolprop dormspecifictoolsdisabled false
Switch from build mode to options to refresh the view. Now all building options and buy mode should be enabled on the lot. Just take everything away and start building!
To turn the cheat off, type in:
Boolprop dormspecifictoolsdisabled true

Hope this helps!
Original Poster
#4 Old 15th Mar 2005 at 9:47 AM
Thanks for this - i was wondering how it could be done
Test Subject
#5 Old 15th Mar 2005 at 10:04 AM
You can also create a dorm from scratch. Place a residentual lot on the campus. Then enter the lot and build your dorm. After creating your dorm open up the cheat window and type in changelotzoning dorm. This will make your lot a dorm. Then save. It worked for me.
Inventor
#6 Old 15th Mar 2005 at 11:55 AM
Yes and also if you make one from scratch be sure to use the new shiny stainless steel stove in the kitchen so that it spawns the cafeteria worker. Also place a few island counters so they'll have somewhere to place the food. Use the claimable doors and make sure they point the right direction.
Test Subject
#7 Old 16th Mar 2005 at 11:41 PM
Hmmmm.... Interesting. I didn't know you could change the lot zoning!
Test Subject
#8 Old 24th Mar 2005 at 2:06 AM
Thank you Greenlea and animeangel! I can now make my own dorms. The ones Maxis gave us we pretty average, and now I can make above-average dorms!
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#9 Old 24th Mar 2005 at 2:24 AM
This is all in the sticky at the top of the Build Mode forum. Check that for all the new building cheats that came with University.
Locked thread | Locked by: ThreadMover Reason: Outdated / No Replies