Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers needed for a "Swinger's Bed" global hack (updated)

by LizzLove Posted 16th May 2005 at 11:35 PM - Updated 11th Nov 2008 at 5:46 AM by Christy1077

315 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 305 Feedback Posts, 9 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 8 of 13
Systemic Anomaly
#176 Old 9th Aug 2005 at 3:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MiRi81
First off, I want to say that this is a wonderful mod. Thank you. I love it.

But I have a little problem. I have two sims that are engaged, and when I make them woohoo, there's no "try for baby" option. Yet, I have another pair of sims that are just dating and they get the option for "try for baby". I wondered if this had anything to do with the bed, so I changed the bed where the baby option wasn't working. It still did not work. Any reason why this is happening? Thanks.
This post relates specifically to the InTeenimater, but it also includes some generally useful tips that may prove helpful to you here:

http://www.insimenator.net/viewtopic.php?t=927
#177 Old 9th Aug 2005 at 4:19 PM
Oh!! No wonder. Stupid me. I see now. Thanks.
Lab Assistant
#178 Old 11th Aug 2005 at 9:21 PM
Hello, I also wondered about the Famil6y Relationships as well and have fund out that the family realtionhips tries on hood mode dosn't just show family members, but also pals as well. That is why the Goth house and the Pleasent (spelling) house are connected by the family and freind bar.

"Okay, I know what you're thinking. Eick, bad guy. You think I'm a super-villain like Dr. Doom or Apocalypse or-or The Riddler. But I admit I went over to the dark side, but just to pick up a few things, a-and now I'm back. I've learned. I'm good again."
Eick (Eickley)
Field Researcher
#180 Old 21st Aug 2005 at 2:37 PM
I love it!Your are brilant! thanx so much!
Test Subject
#181 Old 21st Aug 2005 at 11:49 PM
cant wait to try it out. ty
Lab Assistant
#182 Old 27th Aug 2005 at 3:46 PM
Great hack Lizz! I can't believe it. I haven't tested yet, but I'm sure it will spice my game. I have the gender preferencen hack and it worked fine. This is just what I needed. Thank you very much. Congratulations.
Lab Assistant
#183 Old 27th Aug 2005 at 11:30 PM
Thanks again for this hack. They say that Nightlife is going to rewrite some global commands (I think they said it in the latest Nightlife chat) and I was hoping you are planning on updating this when it comes out because I just love it. Thanks for what you can do.

"Okay, I know what you're thinking. Eick, bad guy. You think I'm a super-villain like Dr. Doom or Apocalypse or-or The Riddler. But I admit I went over to the dark side, but just to pick up a few things, a-and now I'm back. I've learned. I'm good again."
Eick (Eickley)
Lab Assistant
#184 Old 27th Aug 2005 at 11:35 PM
so if I need to remove this for any reason...all I have to do is move it from the downloads folder...right? then all my globals will be back to normal?
Systemic Anomaly
#185 Old 28th Aug 2005 at 12:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by murf1291
so if I need to remove this for any reason...all I have to do is move it from the downloads folder...right? then all my globals will be back to normal?

Correct. But make sure you move it completely out of the Sims 2 directory or better yet, rename the file to something other than .package. Many people use the Sims 2 Clean Installer to enable/disable packages - which automatically does this stuff for you through a nice easy user interface.
Lab Assistant
#186 Old 28th Aug 2005 at 2:05 AM
thanks Jase right now I'm keeping all of my "older" hacks in a folder called hacks & my "newer" hacks in a folder called beta! I think this will allow me to control things much better
#187 Old 28th Aug 2005 at 2:51 PM
WOW ! Very very very well
Lab Assistant
#188 Old 3rd Sep 2005 at 3:24 AM
I absolutely love this hack. My romance sims haven't had so much fun ever *wink wink*. Thanks.
Test Subject
#189 Old 3rd Sep 2005 at 5:45 PM
Cool hack! Know my sims can be more realistic acting.
Thanks!
Test Subject
#190 Old 3rd Sep 2005 at 8:20 PM
Thanks Lizz!

I've got quite a few sims that want to jump anything that moves Now I can actually make it happen without having to go through all the tedious relationship stuff!
Lab Assistant
#191 Old 4th Sep 2005 at 4:24 PM
Woo! One night stands... drunken mistakes... and now babies as a result. Thanks very much!!

Lol.. it won't just be for sluttly sims.. i was watching a program the other day where this woman was meeting up with this guy to use him as a "Baby Daddy" some guy to get her pregnant then never contact her again lol.
Field Researcher
#192 Old 7th Sep 2005 at 12:26 AM
Default Have been using this for a month
Works great, no problems. Exactly as advertised. Not even one glitch. Thanks. Lizz!

New Judfer creations at Sims2 Noir.
Live Free or Die.
Lab Assistant
#193 Old 15th Sep 2005 at 8:28 PM
So does this work with Nightlife? I know there have been some major issues with global hacks and NL.

/// My Studio /// My Twitter ///
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#194 Old 15th Sep 2005 at 11:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nicwear
So does this work with Nightlife? I know there have been some major issues with global hacks and NL.

So far it works, so does the Swingers Hot tub. As soon as Quaxi fixes SimPE to work with Nightlife I will go thru the Maxis code that I changed to see if they altered anything. I will be doing this check on all my mods. This will take a while as I have several thousand lines of code to check out. As soon as I know for sure I will post here, and provide an updated version or flag this version as compatable.

Running this mod should not break your game or anything. Worst thing would be that Maxis added new interactions to the bed (or hot tub) code that I would not support with my older code. So at worst you would just miss out on a new interaction but not break you game or mess up your sims.

Lizz
Lab Assistant
#195 Old 16th Sep 2005 at 6:35 PM
I took your hacks out for nightlife and havn't seen any new interactions added to the bed or tub, the only thing I've seen changed that might be an issue is the animation for make out in the hot tub has been changed a little (probably for political reasons). I am going to be on the safe side though and wait till you check them before I add them back
Test Subject
#196 Old 22nd Sep 2005 at 10:47 PM
does this hack work with nightlife
i really need to know before i download it!!

We need werewolves in TS2!

proud member of the werewolf foundation

www.freewebs.com/thewerewolffoundation
Test Subject
#197 Old 27th Sep 2005 at 7:18 AM
The bed seems to be working just fine but I have noticed with the hottub, my Sims have to be friends before a 'woohoo' will go through. Makeout works fine, so that gets their relationship up there pretty quicky but it is a change for my game. I used to be able to have completely strangers Sims woohoo in the hottub without a friendship score.
Test Subject
#198 Old 5th Oct 2005 at 8:36 PM
The hottub and bed will work in Nightlife, but they make it so all the new date involved interactions (ask, slow dance, etc.) won't show up. And when the gypsy was over, I couldn't request a blind date. So currently I add and remove the files depending on what I'm going to be doing......but it's rather tedious. If you could fix things, I'd be much obliged. This is my favorite hack. This and your hottub one, of course.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#199 Old 6th Oct 2005 at 6:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by demonesszen
The hottub and bed will work in Nightlife, but they make it so all the new date involved interactions (ask, slow dance, etc.) won't show up. And when the gypsy was over, I couldn't request a blind date. So currently I add and remove the files depending on what I'm going to be doing......but it's rather tedious. If you could fix things, I'd be much obliged. This is my favorite hack. This and your hottub one, of course.

This is a common problem, but it is not caused by either the hottub or the swingers bed. I have both in my game and have no problems. However any mod that changes the social menu will cause this. The Inteenimator and Casual Romance as well as a few others will cause this. Both Inteenimator and Casual Romance are being reworked to fix this problem with nightlife.

Lizz
Test Subject
#200 Old 11th Oct 2005 at 11:10 AM
Default WooHoo in undies?
after WooHoo they should show up nude instead in undies
Page 8 of 13