Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 205 (Who?), Viewed: 87656 times.
Page 9 of 9
Theorist
#201 Old 29th Nov 2018 at 10:19 PM
So I made up my mind and decided to give this a try.
I'm not sure I'll follow all the rules since I'm more used to fund community lots with taxes. I use also no inheritance and no 20k handout mods and I'm also thinking about modding the genie lamp out.

I rolled the families. It's quite a challenge since I like to start with smaller households made with adults only.
One of my yeoman family consists of a couple of elders and a toddler. I'm wondering what will happen when the elders will die.

I have a few questions due barrier language, I think. *blushes*
I got two large families.

The gentry family got two male elders, one female elder, one adult couple, one teen and two children.
Q: Is it fine to use one of the male elder as the Captain of the military barracks?

One of the peasants family counts an adult, an elder, two teen, three toddlers and a child.
Q: If they're allowed a double bed and a crib, does it mean that some of them will sleep on the floor until they can afford more beddings?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#202 Old 30th Nov 2018 at 3:09 AM
Welcome, Essa, and so glad to hear you are trying the challenge! One of the things I love about all the simmers who try my challenges is how incredibly creative they are and how each person has a vision for how they want their take on the challenge to unfold their way! By all means tweak the rules and set-up to fit your own playstyle.

Your families sound quite interesting and I look forward to hearing how they play out -- the elders and toddler family especially! The answer to both your questions is Yes; as far as the second question, I usually make them take turns and somebody has to sleep on the sofa, lol!

Please let us know how your game goes along, always fun to hear how people play out the challenge!
Happy Simming!

Find all of my Challenges in MTS Sims 2 Challenges "Ye Olde" Section:
Vllygrl's By George! Regency Play Style/Challenge; Regency/Victorian ROS; The Medieval Charter Challenge & ROS for MCC;
The Crown of Laurels Challenge; & Besieged! New Medieval Challenge & Medieval ROS.
Theorist
#203 Old 30th Nov 2018 at 6:45 PM Last edited by Essa : 30th Nov 2018 at 7:18 PM.
Thanks for the answer, vllygrl.
I'm far from starting the challenge though.
I already picked a name for the hood, Déhalia.

I'm eager to use most of PBK's stuff and see how I can implement them in my game.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#204 Old 1st Dec 2018 at 6:33 AM
You're welcome! Let me know if you have any more questions and I will do my best to answer them.

Interesting hood name! I also like to set up my hood and its backstory before I actually start playing, PBK certainly is a tremendous source for medieval cc.

Vllygrl's By George! Regency Play Style/Challenge; Regency/Victorian ROS; The Medieval Charter Challenge & ROS for MCC;
The Crown of Laurels Challenge; & Besieged! New Medieval Challenge & Medieval ROS.
Mad Poster
#205 Old 1st Dec 2018 at 10:08 PM
I'm still toying with the idea of playing this challenge in some form or another, and I'm curious to know how other simmers manage to make enough money for peasant and yeoman households to pay their taxes/tithes/rents?! Do they do other things to make money as well as their main occupation (foraging, swineherd, beekeeper etc)? Do they have to sell everything through a (home) business or can they also sell stuff through Buy Mode? Can anyone give me any tips?! :-)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#206 Old 4th Dec 2018 at 7:41 PM Last edited by vllygrl : 4th Dec 2018 at 7:43 PM. Reason: spelling?!
Hi lauratje86!
Glad to hear you are having another look at the challenge, many people tweak it to suit their play styles so you wouldn't be alone! Mostly I make my peasants and yeomen work their tails off - long hours, little sleep, and sometimes collapses! If they're really desperate, I can send them to forage, poach , steal, or take out a loan from a moneylender, which of course gets them into even more trouble. Children, teens and elders all have to do their share and work in gardens, fishing, etc. The only thing I ever sell back to the catalog is anything they do manage to dig up from someone else's land - that's theft also, so of course they have to sell it surreptitiously! Or you could create a pawnbroker ....
Let me know if you have any other questions! The MCC is still getting a couple downloads per week, so I know there are lots of simmers out there who are trying/playing and could contribute some tips!
Happy Simming,
Vllygrl

Page 9 of 9