Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Apr 2018 at 9:37 PM
Default Cooking mod
Does anyone know of a mod that makes recipes use more harvestables? I searched MTS (and Google) and the closest thing I found was 'More Logical Cooking' by Plasticbox. That mod would actually be perfect for me but it hasn't been updated since Feb. 2016 and according to the comments it no longer works. I did some research into updating it for my own personal use and realized I'm just not that talented Any help would be greatly appreciated! TIA
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 9th Apr 2018 at 1:35 AM
Have you looked at GrayCurse's Cooking & Ingredients Overhaul? It sounds like it may be something that you will like. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=584503
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Apr 2018 at 2:46 AM
I did check out that mod. The issue is that it adds more ingredients my sims would have to buy. Making cooking cost more simoleons isn't necessarily my goal. I'm really just trying to make the piles of produce that they all seem to have worth collecting. Thanks for the suggestion though!
Field Researcher
#4 Old 10th Apr 2018 at 3:43 AM
I use the mods by icemunmun (here on mod the sims) which uses the harvestables in the game as well as those made by icemunmun. I also use mods by Leniad's Cupboard (Sims4Studio-you will need to register) which also uses the harvestables. Neither uses a lot of harvestables in their recipes but they are used. Hope this helps!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Apr 2018 at 2:34 PM
I have the Canning Station by icemunmun and use it in my larger houses. Love that mod! I also have some of the recipes by Leniad's Cupboard and they're actually more along the lines of what I'm looking for. I was hoping to find a mod that makes the recipes that came with the game take more produce (like the amounts that the recipes from LC take). I know I personally have never managed to make a pot of spaghetti sauce with one tomato, or a fruit salad with one piece of fruit, but maybe the people making the game don't cook?
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 11th Apr 2018 at 12:43 AM
Until I've got some actual time on my hands, I've got a quick fix for you! This overrides the medium/large recipes for anything that requires ingredients by default, making it one ingredient item per serving instead of overall. Naturally, it conflicts with graycurse's mod. The prices have not been altered!

Whenever I get the chance, I'll look into making the cooking more logical (and perhaps adding support for some of the wonderful custom harvestables). At that point, I'll upload properly to MTS.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 11th Apr 2018 at 2:43 AM
Thanks! I won't have time to test it til tomorrow night at the earliest (minor surgery in the morning) but this sounds pretty perfect for my needs. I look forward to seeing those piles of produce getting smaller Thanks again!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 13th Apr 2018 at 1:16 PM
This works perfectly! Thanks so much!! :D