Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 1st Mar 2023 at 12:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
Theoretically I could do that, but I'm sure they probably wouldn't work with Romantic Standards since that probably modifies the same stuff, anyway, and it's hard for me to make stuff compatible with such an extensive mod that I don't actually use.

Actually, I think this would depend on which Romantic Standards-- I think it would be relatively easy to make a compatible version for Midge's since the Poly_Attractionfixes file only conflicts with 2 of the modular bits of Midge's RS, at least according to HCDU, Those two been respectcommitment and the romanticstandards-attraction file. So it would be making alternative versions of those with the fixes from your poly mod and done. Either combined or separate... the one issue with that is Midge made 2 versions of respectcommitment so it would need to be something copied across both. Meanwhile, Simler90's version, yeah I can see the hesitation.

But I thought I would mention that it doesn't look like much of an issue to fix for reliance-- but this is coming from someone who doesn't know if there's some other dependency in the BHAVs to something only in romancemod or what. But for the direct BHAV's... it's only those two that are directly flagging for HCDU. Especially since I now use said modular version of RomanticStandards so yeah. But yeah, no need to make a version if you're not comfortable with it, we can always go into the BHAV's ourselves I assume and make versions if we can read and figure out the code changes specific. Again, this is assuming it's just those specific BHAV's and then the third option is always just-- deal with some small inconsistencies using the poly-attractionfix that I assume uses the codebase of those BHAV's from romancemod and just deal with it. Midge's Romance Mod is modular enough anyway... But this is just an observation from someone who isn't an in depth modder but does have interest in this project.
Also yeah, I use Midge's Romantic Standards. Why I thought I would pop in with this observation. I'd personally just deal with any funkiness and make sure the poly-mods are loading after the Romantic Standards ones but yeah.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#27 Old 2nd Mar 2023 at 4:02 AM
It's not so much the direct conflicts, it's more that I don't know anything about Midge's or simler's intents for the romantic standards mod, so I don't know all of the places where they've made the assumption in their code that there is only one spouse. All of those cases have to be fixed, regardless of whether or not they actually have conflicts with the mods on this thread, which fix the logic specifically for romancemod and ACR. For all I know, those conflicting functions in romantic standards are actually fine and do not even need to be fixed, while some other functions that didn't need to be fixed without romantic standards do need to be fixed for romantic standards.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 2nd Mar 2023 at 1:19 PM
Ahhh, yeah, that's really hard.
At least Midge's does come with documentation, but I can see why that would be a lot. Because it's very, very hard to tell where this code might have issues. Though I do think again the simple solution is just loading your file after ESPECIALLY since Midge themself once answered a question on polygamy and their version of romantic standards here: https://midgethetree.tumblr.com/pos...ase-i-read-mods

I also kind of wonder if Midge wouldn't have already factored this stuff in since they are the one who made the Maxis arch have Marhis Interactions mod to. Which is such a good one itself, and one I'm surrprised you haven't mentioned here as a poly mod resource. You can find that here actually: https://midgethetree.tumblr.com/pos...-download-maxis second mod on the list. But yeah, I can understand the fear. You just keep working on the project slowly as you envision it for your game, we can figure it out as it comes to.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#29 Old 3rd Mar 2023 at 2:38 AM
I think Palominocorn's mod should make modding the wedding arch unnecessary unless you want the original marriage of convenience stuff (i.e. the feature that you can marry anyone regardless of age or relationship), so you shouldn't need it just for poly marriage.
Test Subject
#30 Old 15th Mar 2023 at 11:43 PM
Sorry, this is probably a dumb question but am I replacing the old ACR 2.0 files (the ones with the same name I mean not like the whole folder lol) with the two ACR files you have provided with the old ACR 2.0 files (the ones with the same name I mean not like the whole folder lol). I hope my question makes sense. Just don't want to remove those files and derail my whole neighborhood.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#31 Old 16th Mar 2023 at 5:06 AM
Just copy them into your ACR folder and let them replace the files with the same names, yes.
Test Subject
#32 Old 26th Dec 2023 at 9:58 PM
My sims are not Jealous anymore
Hello, could someone help me? (I have to warn that english is NOT my first langauge!)

So, I tried this mod but It doesn't fit as I hoped! Then I removed from my downloads
But my sims still not feeling Jealousy and the memory of cheating its not appearing as well
I'm really liking this playthrough and I nedd the Jealousy system working correctly!

Please, anyone here know what I have to do?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#33 Old 27th Dec 2023 at 1:28 AM
Nothing here affects jealousy at all, that's covered by romancemod and ACR. The affair memory is only affected by the affairmemoryfix mod, if you remove it and delete your caches it should go back to working as it originally did.
Page 2 of 2