Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Feb 2016 at 10:33 AM Last edited by simsllama : 29th May 2017 at 8:50 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Distortion issue in BodyShop
I have a problem with bodyshop and I have been searching for a solution on the internet but I have found none so I decided to resort to here.

This may be due to new graphics card or processor - sims in bodyshop now look stretched. Here's the picture to make sense:

How do I fix it?
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 27th Feb 2016 at 11:04 AM
It's your new GPU - you need to alter the screen resolution settings to fit your monitor shape correctly.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Feb 2016 at 12:06 PM
How do I alter the screen resolution settings for bodyshop?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 27th Feb 2016 at 11:19 PM
it runs off of your game settings.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Site Helper
#5 Old 27th Feb 2016 at 11:23 PM
Ok, so my second edit was ninja'd

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#6 Old 28th Feb 2016 at 1:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
it runs off of your game settings.

I thought it did - so to adjust the settings, you'd need to match the game settings to the screen whatsit ratio which depends on the size and shape of your screen. I think Windoze identifies that for you doesn't it? In the Screen Resolution bit (right-click on Desktop). The recommended setting matches your screen. Work out what the proportion is (divide width by depth) and pick an in-game setting that has the same proportion.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 28th Feb 2016 at 3:37 PM
I'm afraid - I've tried this method and it doesn't fix it. :/
Site Helper
#8 Old 28th Feb 2016 at 7:01 PM
What is your monitor's preferred setting? And what is your current setting in-game?

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 28th Feb 2016 at 10:19 PM
My monitor setting is 1920x1080 and the setting in game is the same. Body shop is 1024x768 and it can't be made bigger, can it?
Mad Poster
#10 Old 28th Feb 2016 at 10:49 PM
Either turn on or off square pixels in settings in game and see if that fixes it.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#11 Old 29th Feb 2016 at 1:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Platinuminous
My monitor setting is 1920x1080 and the setting in game is the same. Body shop is 1024x768 and it can't be made bigger, can it?

Are you sure? I didn't think that resolution was available. Maybe it is with UC? Anyway 1600x900 should do it - try that.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 29th Feb 2016 at 7:46 PM
I've modified graphicsrules.sgr so that I can play it with 1920x1080 pixels. @marka98 I've already turned on square pixels and it doesn't work in bodyshop. I will try again with 1600x900 and square pixels off this weekend as I'm away from home this week.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#13 Old 29th Feb 2016 at 8:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Platinuminous
I've modified graphicsrules.sgr so that I can play it with 1920x1080 pixels.

Well, that's likely to be the problem since it isn't a native resolution.

Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 29th Feb 2016 at 8:31 PM
No, my resolution is 1920x1080 too and I've also modified the graphic rules to have that resolution available, and Bodyshop looks normal for me.

Edit:
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#15 Old 29th Feb 2016 at 10:10 PM
Maybe they made a mistake?

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 4th Mar 2016 at 9:06 PM
What mistake?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 30th Jul 2016 at 1:06 PM
Bump - I still have this problem. I thought there was a solution somewhere in this forum and I can't seem to find it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 19th Dec 2016 at 3:25 PM
bump, I still have this problem unfortunately
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 14th Feb 2017 at 10:54 AM
I have been having this issue since more than one year ago. I’m desperate to find a solution to fix this as I have tried everything, changing game’s screen resolution, changing my computer’s screen resolution, turning square pixels on and off and looking around in graphics rules. Nothings seems to work. I remember fixing this in my previous computer but it doesn’t seem to work in my current computer - maybe I’ve forgotten something or a certain solution doesn’t work anymore. Is this inevitable?
Scholar
#20 Old 15th Feb 2017 at 1:18 AM Last edited by d_dgjdhh : 15th Feb 2017 at 2:14 AM.
Do you have downloads that modify the way BodyShop works? What were your graphic cards before and now? Same with some details about your current computer and previous one. Maybe you use a program provided by your current graphics card that modifies the way graphics are displayed when you use programs (such as NVIDIA Control Panel)?

EDIT: Have you also tried making it full screen (Alt+Enter)? Maybe it will look better that way than windowed?

Check out my latest version of Superman's Classic Uniform for The Sims 2.
See what images I have posted on DeviantArt as well related to The Sims 2 and designs.
Also check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 27th May 2017 at 4:47 PM Last edited by simsllama : 27th May 2017 at 5:17 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by d_dgjdhh
Do you have downloads that modify the way BodyShop works? What were your graphic cards before and now? Same with some details about your current computer and previous one. Maybe you use a program provided by your current graphics card that modifies the way graphics are displayed when you use programs (such as NVIDIA Control Panel)?

EDIT: Have you also tried making it full screen (Alt+Enter)? Maybe it will look better that way than windowed?

Hello! I'm sorry for late reply, I do not usually check Mod the Sims forum much. Oh yes, it did look better with full screen but unfortunately my TV (which my computer) won't stretch it back to 4:3 so it's still stretched to 16:9 (there's no option for it in TV settings, which is really frustrating.) Nevermind I figured out scaling in NVIDIA control panel and it now looks much better when I entered full screen mode.

I don't have my previous computer anymore but I can share details about my current computer:

Click on spoiler button to see my dxdiag report (warning: it's very long)

Also would NVIDIA Control Panel help anything with square pixels issue with windowed bodyshop?
Mad Poster
#22 Old 27th May 2017 at 6:06 PM
I use 1920 x 1080, and my bodyshop is fine.

OP, if you use your TV, a workaround could be to run bodyshop in full screen (I had no idea you could do that!!) and then use your TV's remote to pillarbox it into 4:3 resolution with black lines each side. It's not a perfect solution, but it is a workaround.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 28th May 2017 at 12:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
I use 1920 x 1080, and my bodyshop is fine.

OP, if you use your TV, a workaround could be to run bodyshop in full screen (I had no idea you could do that!!) and then use your TV's remote to pillarbox it into 4:3 resolution with black lines each side. It's not a perfect solution, but it is a workaround.

Unfortunately since it's connected by VGA cable so you can't change aspect ratio but I found out that there had to be settings in the computer instead of the TV that can change ratio aspect scaling and I looked around in Nvidia control panel and noticed there was a scaling option and I changed it so that GUI wouldn't be stretched to wrong apsect ratio and now full screen mode is now scaled correctly. Still I would prefer working in the windowed mode but but in meantime using fullscreen could do a trick when making sims though.