Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Feb 2017 at 4:52 AM Last edited by Mollie'sSims : 18th Feb 2017 at 9:26 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Moving neighborhoods and severing family ties
I am in the process of following the hard method of moving my sims to a new hood from the wiki - http://simswiki.info/Game_Help:Moving_Sims

It mentions removing relationships and I am wondering if I have to remove family ties from SimPE or if it just applies to families where I am leaving sims behind (which I am not, all playable sims are moving). Also the family ties I am talking about are siblings who live in different households.

Thanks!
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 18th Feb 2017 at 7:18 AM
Why not move the easy way, it really is safer. I would never use the other method. I should think it applies to all.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Feb 2017 at 7:36 AM
I'd lose all my progress. I find it really difficult to stay interested in hoods normally and this is the one hood that has families that I love. Plus the easy way seems like more work in the long run as I would feel the need to try and restore all the skills and pregnancies that I would have lost and I know I would end up abandoning the hood :/
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 18th Feb 2017 at 8:50 AM
Yes the easy way needs you to set your characters up again in the new hood, most things can be set in simpe. Skills, relationships, badges, jobs etc. Pregnancies are easy to set with the sim blender or Boolprop. Good luck with it, I don't actually know anyone whose used the hard method, hopefully some one can help. I would always assume things mentioned means for every sim.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Feb 2017 at 9:01 AM
Alright, thank you. I shall remove it just to be safe then.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#6 Old 18th Feb 2017 at 10:08 AM
I don't know why you're moving all the sims - but if you just want a change of scenery, you can change the terrain of the existing neighbourhood using Mootilda's HoodReplace programme.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.