Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jan 2009 at 9:59 PM Last edited by Delphy : 21st Jan 2009 at 8:18 AM. Reason: Clarification of domain names
Default MTS3...kinda. Sims 3... and more! (Artists, see inside!)
Hi All,

The Sims 3

As you probably already know, the release of The Sims 3 is right around the corner! With the release date quickly approaching, we wanted to share some important info about the future of MTS2.

MTS2 is not disappearing!

Fear not - we're not shutting down or closing the site or anything like that! The same downloads, tutorials, and game help will continue to be available. We will still accept Sims 2 submissions, and discussion on TS2 will still happen over at the community site. We have no plans to discontinue any site features or functions related to The Sims 2 - now, or in the future.

We will be expanding for TS3!

We've long said "We're not doing an MTS3" and that's still true - it's not going to be called MTS3! Instead, MTS2 and the associated sites (Sims2Community, Sims2Wiki, and SexySims2) will all be joining the new MTS Network of sites which will cover TS2 and TS3 (and beyond?)!

You will not have to register a new name or anything like that - the existing sites are just changing to allow for Sims 3 stuff too!

ModtheSims2 is now Mod The Sims aka modthesims.info aka MTSi. Sims2Community is now Sims Community aka sims-community.com. Sims2Wiki is now Sims Wiki. SexySims2 is now Sims Adult. Domain name changes are planned for many of the sites - existing links will all still work, and will just redirect so you don't need to change any links you have now.

New logo design contest!

Along with the changes to the new site names, we would like to give the sites a facelift in the form of shiny new logos! And seeing as it's been fun in the past to see what the incredible talent in the community can come up with, we would like to do it as a contest!

Logos should be done as a set - as the MTS sites function as a network rather than completely separately, we'd like them to have a cohesive theme. They don't have to be the same colours or design, just coordinating in some way. Traditionally, we've used blue for MTS2, green for S2C, grey for Sims2Wiki, and pink for SXS2 - but if you have a better idea, go for it!

Logos/Banners Needed:
  • Mod The Sims Logo: Full size should be no less than 500x500 but it should look good at 60x60 too. Large and small should be identical, just different sizes.
  • Sims Community Banners: 2 different versions needed: 940x130 banner and 297x50 banner. The two versions do not need to be identical but should coordinate.
  • Sims Wiki Logo - 150x150 pixels. Should either work well with the existing wiki pages in style/colour, or be a transparent .gif that will work on a white background.
  • Sims Adult Logo - Must be square, 400x400 pixels.

Extra Credit:

The following are not absolutely necessary, but matching ones in the same theme would be useful:
  • Matching 16x16 icons for all four sites.
  • Tabs for navigating to the different sites (see the top of the page for examples of the ones we use now) - 135x36, white, with no bottom border.
  • 88x31 link buttons for all four sites.

Restrictions:

We would like you to be creative and come up with something really cool, within the following guidelines. We hope this will not be too restrictive, but we would like any logos/banners to be truly original artwork:
  • No use of the actual game fonts. Please choose another font which can be freely used - please check the license on the font if you're not sure.
  • No use of sims or other in-game graphics in the logos/banners.
  • No use of plumbobs in the logos/banners.
  • No use of any graphics from the game itself (such as thought bubble icons, career icons, etc.) in the logos/banners.

If your designs are chosen:
  • Your designs will be used on the MTS Network as our logo for a period of at least one year - probably longer!
  • You can use a larger avatar size.
  • You get a larger PM inbox.
  • Your choice of a one-time custom title change.
  • Your choice of a free tee CafePress shirt, mug, or mousepad with your MTS design on it - you'll get the first one ever!

How to submit:
1. Create your graphics. Make sure you create your graphics at a higher resolution than needed so they can be sized down to fit the sizes needed. Build your graphics at at least 2000 pixels on the long side, so they can be used for CafePress items!
2. Upload your graphics to an online host. Photobucket, Flickr, etc. will work, or you can upload to modyourpanties.com without registering.
3. Create a new post on this thread, and use the img tag to put your images in your post.
4. Make sure to keep a copy of your layer-separated Photoshop, Paint Shop, GIMP, etc. documents - we will need your original layer-separated documents if your designs are chosen!

Thanks for reading!

Regards
Delphy

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
131 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 20th Jan 2009 at 10:08 PM
I'd love to join! and also;

W00T for MTS

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Captain Louie
retired moderator
#3 Old 20th Jan 2009 at 10:14 PM
AWESOME NEWS!

I can totally try and make a banner (try being the key word of course)

Now streaming on at Twitch.tv/SeveralNerds or UglyHoesConnect.com - whichever is easier for you to type in your browser.
Not actually evil.
#4 Old 20th Jan 2009 at 11:04 PM
Whew, that's a relief! Thanks for taking this on, I know it'll be yet more work. We'll see if TS2 submissions / downloads drop off or not, time will tell. I'm hoping some folks will still play and download.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Test Subject
#5 Old 20th Jan 2009 at 11:06 PM
I am looking forward to Sims 3 and I'm so happy that my favorite site will be expanding to include it. Yeah!
Test Subject
#6 Old 20th Jan 2009 at 11:10 PM
This sounds really cool, I guess the restrictions are quiet restrictive but they actually prevent all desgins to be a plumbub, so they're reasonable
How much time do we have to make our entry?
Field Researcher
#7 Old 20th Jan 2009 at 11:30 PM
thats a relief i was thinking sims 2 site would be gone
Test Subject
#8 Old 20th Jan 2009 at 11:35 PM
thankyou! i was thinking my fave site wasnt going to have any free custom sims 3 content for a while there. im so glad that you decided to expand!! :D
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#9 Old 20th Jan 2009 at 11:37 PM
Taniia, it's actually more of a legal thing since the reason that Cafepress removed all the MTS2 stuff was that EA Legal complained about some of the things in the logo that where from the game. So by not having anything from the game they can't get it removed... hopefully.

I'm going to provisionally say that you have 1 month from the date of this thread (so, until the 20th February 2009).

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 20th Jan 2009 at 11:55 PM
Okay, so this is going to be different. I know I won't be getting the Sims 3 any time soon though, as I have just started Sims 2!

I know this may sound like an idiotic question, but when will these changes take place? Would that be about a month from now, like when the banners and such are being chosen?

This allows me to see into the minds of people! That's right, I can actually see what they're thinking!
So long as what they're thinking is exactly what I think they're thinking.
Theorist
#11 Old 20th Jan 2009 at 11:57 PM
I would like to say a big thank you again to you, Delphy and the moderators both at MTS2 and Sims2Community.

Thank you for keeping the sites going into the future.

I have been a member since 2004 and appreciate both sites very much.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Test Subject
#12 Old 20th Jan 2009 at 11:57 PM
Oh thank the holy one above! I was just getting into CC so i thought you guys would close down but you're not YAY!!! I'm not getting sims 3 Btw.

Gimp? Photoshop? What the... What does that mean,, You know your a newbie when,,,
Test Subject
#13 Old 20th Jan 2009 at 11:58 PM
Wonderful! I plan on buying The Sims 3 of course, but I'll still be making Sims 2 Machinima for a while as well, and I'll need all the custom content (for both) I can get!
All hail Mod The Sims!

*--[Go baby, go baby. We're right behind you.]--*
Field Researcher
#14 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 12:11 AM
This is really good news!

Rose Hill

I love this one the most
Dedication, Determination, Deliberation
Scholar
#15 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 12:13 AM Last edited by cill2007 : 21st Jan 2009 at 12:41 AM. Reason: question
Yay... this might be something I actually can do well on! I'm not that good at designing sims 2 stuff, but, I'm very artistic when it comes to this kinda stuff.... designing, drawing, etc.

Oh, I have a fast question, reguarding the sizes of the logo.

It states to make them at least 2000 px on the long side, so, am I understanding this correcly: You'd change
500X500 [for mod the sims] into 2500X500 or would you keep it square and go 2500X2500?

Sims, like life, is very unpredictable. One minute you're eating four day old pizza, and then the repo-man steals your only sofa and you're in tears. ...then the food poison kicks in.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 12:32 AM
I am crying tears of happiness right now (figuratively). But i knew good ol' Delphy wouldn't not utilize The Sims 3 somehow. I can only say yay!
Field Researcher
#17 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 12:46 AM
I wuv you Delphy (and everyone else important to these sites)!

Definitely looking forward to the changes and glad to see that my favorite sims websites will be staying for us to use.

<('_'<) <('_')> (>'_')>
Top Secret Researcher
#18 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 12:57 AM
This is great news! Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 12:59 AM
As one who won't be purchasing Sims 3 until I can get them used, I'm so glad to hear the good news! Thanks to you, HP and everyone else for all the great work! :lovestruc I'm not so cheap that I won't support the sites I love though!
~makes note to self to find the donation button~
Test Subject
#20 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 1:01 AM
I'm so excited for MTS! And i can't wait till The Sims 3 comes.I'm so gonna get it!

Do you have a creation that is crazy and exciting?
Do you have a creation that is full of style?
Then send a messgae to me with a link to your creation and I'll check it out and comment on it.
I am the Mod The Sims Critic!
Test Subject
#21 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 1:14 AM
All i can say is THANK YOU! This is the best site ever and the changes just make it even better. Thanks so much guys for all your hard work.
Test Subject
#22 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 1:32 AM
This is great news to say the least. I mean where would I sims 2 friends be without your sites. I am also getting sims3, but if it doesn't turn out to my liking it's nice to know sims2 stuff can still be found. Thank-you again Delphy, and Congrats to your team and the decision to do this.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 1:55 AM
Yaaay MTS!
Mad Poster
#24 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 2:04 AM
YAAAAY!! YAAAAAY!! YAAAAAY! YAAAAY!! I can't make anything but I can continue to be a loyal supporter!! YAAAAY!! YAAAAY!!! YAAAAY!! I love the entire staff here!!!!! :D.....etc.
Scholar
#25 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 2:11 AM
YAY!!! Long live Mod the Sims! :D
Page 1 of 17