Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jan 2017 at 7:01 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default After changing channel sims keep canceling their actions
Alright, so this is definitely a new bug of some sort, as I never noticed this happening before. But, for some reason, my sims now cancel their actions right after I issue them. Sadly I haven't tested (because I didn't think to) to see if this is only for continuous actions like watching TV or those that take a set amount like cooking food. It only seems to happen after I tell them to switch channels; for some reason it doesn't take effect when they join another sim in watching TV.
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 24th Jan 2017 at 10:26 AM
So, wait - is this all interactions, or just TV watching? That makes a big difference .

Also, if you're testing again, try turning on testingcheats. You'll probably get a bunch of error messages whenever the sims cancel their actions; the error message may suggest an object which could be at fault, or you may be able to find one in the error logs.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Jan 2017 at 10:33 PM Last edited by enjoysMusic11 : 24th Jan 2017 at 11:51 PM. Reason: Clarification
I typed boolProp testingcheatsenabled into the cheat box, but I don't get any error messages when they cancel their actions. Am I doing something wrong? Also, it appears to be for all interactions, such as dancing or playing video games.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4 Old 25th Jan 2017 at 1:37 AM
boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Jan 2017 at 2:26 AM Last edited by enjoysMusic11 : 25th Jan 2017 at 2:35 AM. Reason: More testing
I did add the true, I think... I'll try again.

I definitely typed in "boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true," and yet nothing happened when my sim canceled his action.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#6 Old 25th Jan 2017 at 7:21 PM
Well, it's not throwing an error then - sounds, tbh, like a mod-conflict.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 25th Jan 2017 at 10:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Well, it's not throwing an error then - sounds, tbh, like a mod-conflict.

Oh, no...

I know this probably isn't connected, but I recently renamed three hair mesh files because Poppet said that renaming them makes the game load faster, is that related?
Field Researcher
#8 Old 26th Jan 2017 at 10:27 AM
No, the file renaming isn't related.
What you need to do is download the HCDU (Hack Conflict Detection Utility) from simswardrobe.com
However, if you have The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection, you have to go to C:\My Documents\EA Games and from there, change the name of the folder from The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection to "The Sims 2" for HCDU to work
After you're finished, open up the program and let it do it's thing and it will report any conflicts
(don't forget to change it's name back when you are done using HCDU!!!)

I hope that makes sense
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 27th Jan 2017 at 4:58 AM Last edited by enjoysMusic11 : 27th Jan 2017 at 4:59 AM. Reason: Getting rid of an extra enter
Quote: Originally posted by MileyTheSimmer
No, the file renaming isn't related.
What you need to do is download the HCDU (Hack Conflict Detection Utility) from simswardrobe.com
However, if you have The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection, you have to go to C:\My Documents\EA Games and from there, change the name of the folder from The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection to "The Sims 2" for HCDU to work
After you're finished, open up the program and let it do it's thing and it will report any conflicts
(don't forget to change it's name back when you are done using HCDU!!!)

I hope that makes sense

Which is weird, because I've had them for a while and nothing like this has happened before. But thanks anyways, this seems really useful.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 27th Jan 2017 at 5:18 AM
The thing to remember about the HCDU is, that it isn't a substitute for testing. There's conflicts it can't detect, and some of the conflicts it does detect aren't problems. So it can give you a starting place; and especially in cases where you've got two or three mods interfering with each other it can save you a lot of time by telling you which mods are strong candidates for working poorly together. You're still going to have to do a lot of tedious testing; and if the flagged mods turn out to be innocent, you may still have to do the 50/50.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 27th Jan 2017 at 6:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
The thing to remember about the HCDU is, that it isn't a substitute for testing. There's conflicts it can't detect, and some of the conflicts it does detect aren't problems. So it can give you a starting place; and especially in cases where you've got two or three mods interfering with each other it can save you a lot of time by telling you which mods are strong candidates for working poorly together. You're still going to have to do a lot of tedious testing; and if the flagged mods turn out to be innocent, you may still have to do the 50/50.

The 50/50?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 10th Feb 2017 at 12:21 AM
Excuse me, what does 50/50 mean?
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#13 Old 10th Feb 2017 at 12:26 AM
It's explained at the bottom of this page:
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title..._Custom_Content
though you might read through some of the rest of the advice there as well.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 2:47 AM
After removing a package everything works! It doesn't fix sims that are already plagued with the bug, but I can just kill them off.
Forum Resident
#15 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 7:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by enjoysMusic11
After removing a package everything works! It doesn't fix sims that are already plagued with the bug, but I can just kill them off.

Before killing them off, have you tried resetting them or moving their households out of their homes and then back in? That sometimes fixes problems with sims.