Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Feb 2017 at 3:26 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Lags Out After Costume Makeup
I've been having this issue as of yesterday. Basically every time I go into costume makeup, (yes I do have CC) my game just lags out. So I have to close it with task manager etc.
Is there a way to prevent this from happening? Because I need the costume makeup and I can't really access it if my game lags out and forces me to quit.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 6th Feb 2017 at 10:16 PM
Sounds like you might have some bad/corrupted CC installed. Have you installed new CAS content, custom households or Sims recently?

Try clearing these cache files and see if clearing those out helps. The game will regenerate new ones.
CasPartCache.package: CAS parts that appear in Create-A-Sim
scriptCache.package: Mods
simCompositorCache.package: New Sims, default skins

Try running your Mods folder through Delphy's Dashboard and check for corrupted files. If you are not familiar with the Dashboard see Nona's Understanding Mod and CC Conflicts with Delphy's Dashboard guide.

If you install the content via package files you might want to consider moving your mods folder to your desktop or make a new folder on your desktop and move all your CAS content to that folder and add a few back at a time, run the game and see if it works with what you added.

If that fails try putting your Saved Sims folder on your desktop.

If all else fails content installed via 3Pack is a little harder to find but you could try putting the DCCache folder on your desktop and see if you can access the costume makeup. See Crinrict's Suggestions Here. Mel's Method on that page offers another way to check those files.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 19th Feb 2017 at 8:46 AM
Not sure if it's your case,but try deleting all spec symbols from your package files.This trick improved my game performance dramatically.