Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Feb 2017 at 4:03 AM
Default Good place to upload Sims pics
I lost where I was uploading (Tinypic.com) and need a new place to upload game pics and one that MTS will accept with the IMG tags.

Please help

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 10th Feb 2017 at 5:42 AM
I use Imgur.

The gorgeous Tina (TS3) and here loving family available for download here.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 10th Feb 2017 at 5:54 AM
You can upload directly to the site by going advanced>image upload.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#4 Old 10th Feb 2017 at 9:39 AM
You can use http://www.modyourpanties.com/ when uploading here on MTS.

I mostly use https://postimage.io/ - If you log in, it gives your pictures proper unique codes that don't make pictures disappear or get swapped out like for Tinypic. Plus, they keep picture names, so if you have a lot of pics, it's easier to distinguish them. You can also make albums. The only annoying things I've found is that I sometimes copy the wrong code, and get the thumbnail file instead of the regular picture file, plus they insist on sticking on a link for their site in every "IMG" link. To counter both, I instead copy the "direct link" and wrap it in IMG tags myself.

I don't recommend Tinypic - They occasionally swap pictures around, because the codes are not unique enough for the large amount of pictures (the original pics usually return, but not before someone has seen that weird gif of a bunny humping a balloon until it pops - and yes, that happened to one of my pics, and it's far from the first time, and by far not the worst picture that has cropped up).
dodgy builder
#5 Old 10th Feb 2017 at 12:52 PM Last edited by Volvenom : 10th Feb 2017 at 3:58 PM.
For many pictures I recommend Flickr. They have been around for a long time and have options of albums different kinds of linking and many features I don't use. They also make physical albums you can purchase of your pictures. They also don't have bloody commertials all over the place ... as far as I have seen.

When it comes to picture hosting, durablility is important to me. I hope they can stay there for a long time.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#6 Old 10th Feb 2017 at 2:52 PM
I wonder what postimage's business model is?

Edit: Answered my own question

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 10th Feb 2017 at 9:53 PM
I hope I don't have to find yet another picture host, if Postimage bites the dust...
Scholar
Original Poster
#8 Old 10th Feb 2017 at 11:33 PM
Thank you all so much! I'm sure I will find something now

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2